Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4494
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My new GSX!!!" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19Sep-24-03 11:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4494, "My new GSX!!!"

i just got her today. she is a 1990 GSX with 52890 on the clock. woohoo! she doesnt have any oil in her tho. i cant drive her tonight like i want to but she will be driven tomorrow because i am going to change the oil tomorrow morning and get some plates for her. i have pics but no host. if someone can explain how to upload pics to kaptainmyke.com, i can use that. anyways. just thought i would let everyone know

ps. just playing a little today after i added a little bit o oil. if i rev it up to like 1500 or so slow like, when it revs back down i could hear this vibration noise kinda. i dont know what lifter tick sounds like but i dont think thats it. when i revved it to like 3k, i didnt here it. maybe just something rattling? what do you guys think. thanks later!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Diceman19Sep-25-03 02:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4495, "RE: My new GSX!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

guess no one cares. hmph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UberingramSep-25-03 02:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#4496, "RE: My new GSX!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Its just that we dont check the 4g63 forum on a 2gnt board

Diceman19Sep-25-03 02:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4497, "RE: My new GSX!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

lol

turbo8uSep-25-03 02:42 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#4498, "RE: My new GSX!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

>lol

lolololololo

take that 4g6 crank for a walk around the block

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Uberingram> I bow down to the Geo

Diceman19Sep-25-03 02:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4499, "RE: My new GSX!!!"
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-25-03 03:36 PM by Diceman19

it is a 1g. no crankwalk here.

EDIT:
also, if i press the fog light button, they come on but when i let it out, the turn off. is my switch busted? there is no click. am i doing something wrong. thanks!

UberingramSep-25-03 04:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#4500, "RE: My new GSX!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

sounds like its broke.

TeamJeff_99gsSep-25-03 05:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4501, "RE: My new GSX!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

The fog lights break fairly often after use. As for the rattle or vibration sound, I need more info. Is a motor mount loose or busted?

Diceman19Sep-25-03 11:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4502, "RE: My new GSX!!!"
In response to Reply # 7
Sep-25-03 11:10 PM by Diceman19

i dont know. it sounds like it is behind the front driver side tire or right behind it. then sometimes, i hear it a little farther back. that is what makes me suspect exhaust and not engine but i dont know crap about the 4g63 so i may be wrong. i am going to try to get a video snipit of it with my digicam and hopefully you will be able to hear it.

ShadowFurSep-26-03 06:00 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2003
33 posts,
#4503, "RE: My new GSX!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

my car was doing that and all it was is the balancer timing belt...

Initial DSMOct-06-03 10:24 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#4504, "RE: My new GSX!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

90's are harder to find parts for than 91' and up. Hopefully nothing breaks too soon, but as we know with DSM's...

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4494 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic