Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4432
View in linear mode

Subject: "ABS." Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19Oct-17-03 08:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4432, "ABS."
Oct-17-03 08:10 PM by Diceman19

where can you look on the 1g to tell if you have abs or not. i read somewheres that the 90-91 with abs have no lsd. 90-91 without abs have rear lsd. i want to know if i have lsd or not.
abs.............................................. lsd

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ABS., Mr Mike, Oct-18-03 04:16 AM, #1
RE: ABS., TeamJeff_99gs, Oct-18-03 07:04 AM, #2
      RE: ABS., Diceman19, Oct-18-03 07:47 AM, #3
           RE: ABS., TeamJeff_99gs, Oct-18-03 08:15 AM, #4
                RE: ABS., Diceman19, Oct-18-03 09:32 AM, #5
                     RE: ABS., TeamJeff_99gs, Oct-18-03 09:57 AM, #6
                          RE: ABS., Diceman19, Oct-18-03 10:31 AM, #7

Mr MikeOct-18-03 04:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4433, "RE: ABS."
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-18-03 04:17 AM by Mr Mike

The abs pump would be next to the upper intake pipe. It's goldish colored and has all the brake lines coming out from it. You can see it in my sig.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsOct-18-03 07:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4434, "RE: ABS."
In response to Reply # 1

It is the fricken HUGE metal box that sits next to the battery. You can't miss it. 1990 models did not come with ABS. 1991 was the first year for that. But you are right, ABS models do not have LSD for '91.

Diceman19Oct-18-03 07:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4435, "RE: ABS."
In response to Reply # 2

so then i take it my car has the lsd. wooha! jef lsd

TeamJeff_99gsOct-18-03 08:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4436, "RE: ABS."
In response to Reply # 3

Two ways to tell:

Open the driver door and look for a orange sticker on the frame there. It will say something like "this cas has a limited slip differential, be careful when towing", etc.

The other way is to look at the diff itself. There will be a sticker on the back of it that says "LSD". You will most likely have to wipe off 14 years of dirt, but it should be there.

Diceman19Oct-18-03 09:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4437, "RE: ABS."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Two ways to tell: Open the driver door and look for a orange sticker on the frame there. It will say something like "this cas has a limited slip differential, be careful when towing", etc. The other way is to look at the diff itself. There will be a sticker on the back of it that says "LSD". You will most likely have to wipe off 14 years of dirt, but it should be there.

you mean a sticker like this??

ha ha. praise to the dsm gods for providing me with such a pimped out car.

btw, it says not to turn the wheel while the car is raised. how do i change out the tires or whatever. i have no compressor so it is done by me by hand. the wheels turn when i loosen the nuts. is this ok?

TeamJeff_99gsOct-18-03 09:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4438, "RE: ABS."
In response to Reply # 5

Congrats on the orange sticker

And loosen the nuts with the wheels still on the ground

Diceman19Oct-18-03 10:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4439, "RE: ABS."
In response to Reply # 6

ok.

thanks to kaptainmyke for hosting....

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4432 Previous topic | Next topic