Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #300
View in linear mode

Subject: "1g automagic AWD...opinions needed" Previous topic | Next topic
ScreaminEAug-07-06 04:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#300, "1g automagic AWD...opinions needed"

I may be purchasing a 1g awd automatic pretty soon and I was wondering what every's thoughts were on an auto awd turbo car.

Positive and Negative opinions welcomed!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed, ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-07-06 07:35 PM, #1
RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed, Diceman19, Aug-08-06 04:22 AM, #2
      RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed, Hult250R, Aug-08-06 11:00 AM, #3
           RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed, ScreaminE, Aug-08-06 11:50 AM, #4
                RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed, kelvinb1, Aug-09-06 05:09 PM, #5
                     RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed, ScreaminE, Aug-11-06 10:33 AM, #6
                          RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed, kelvinb1, Aug-14-06 09:14 PM, #7
                               RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed, TKI, Aug-20-06 05:53 PM, #8
                                    RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed, Diceman19, Aug-20-06 06:17 PM, #9
                                         RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed, TKI, Aug-21-06 01:04 PM, #10

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-07-06 07:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#301, "RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed"
In response to Reply # 0

Do it. But find yourself a 14b, 450's and a M/T Ecu ASAP.
I had an AWD ATX TSI and I REALLY regret selling it.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Diceman19Aug-08-06 04:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#302, "RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed"
In response to Reply # 1

i drove one one time and wasnt impressed. i ended up leaving it on the lot. alhtough, im not sure it was in real good condition.

Hult250RAug-08-06 11:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#303, "RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed"
In response to Reply # 2

If i could find one for cheap Id buy it in a heartbeat.
The ultimate daily driver/ winter drifter

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

ScreaminEAug-08-06 11:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#304, "RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed"
In response to Reply # 3

1k for a complete car with no known problems, very hard to pass up I must say.

The guy I am buying from has his own 1g graveyard, he has around 20+ cars and he knows his stuff and is a great guy. Considering my old dsm came from a used junk...I mean car lot, this is quite an improvement.

kelvinb1Aug-09-06 05:09 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#305, "RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed"
In response to Reply # 4

no need for a 2step

ScreaminEAug-11-06 10:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#306, "RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed"
In response to Reply # 5

Went and looked at the car last night. Excellent shape inside and out.

The guy is giving me a shit ton of parts. 450's 14b and 5speed ECU.

It is in pieces but it's all there and all gaurenteed to work by someone who is a guru.

I can't wait to start putting it back toghether. Motor/tranny/xfercase/wiring harness are out of the car.

Just gotta throw those back in and shazam I'll be on the road again.

kelvinb1Aug-14-06 09:14 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#307, "RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed"
In response to Reply # 6

450s and 14b would be fun in that little monster

TKIAug-20-06 05:53 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
#308, "RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed"
In response to Reply # 7

My neighbour down the street bought a red '92 GSX. I took the BCS sleeve out for him, and took the air can off. I hate to say it but I wasn't impressed at all. This car is perfect inside and out. 120k on the clock. Absoutely beautiful, but slow as pooh.

My GST would rape it even off the line, and we tested it on POWER and ECONOMY. He floored it, and it seems like it took it forever to go.

Maybe the 450's, ecu, and 14b would help a lot. If you get one, I would highly recommend it.

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

Diceman19Aug-20-06 06:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#309, "RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed"
In response to Reply # 8

perhaps it was worn to crap, perhaps he has a boost leak somewhere, perhaps some other unknown problem is happening that you dont know. a stock AT isnt "slow", just not as fast as it could be.

TKIAug-21-06 01:04 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
#310, "RE: 1g automagic AWD...opinions needed"
In response to Reply # 9

Well, he was suppose to have had a boost leak check, compression check, and other stuff done like that when he first bought it, but maybe there is something else there.

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #300 Previous topic | Next topic