Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #295
View in linear mode

Subject: "finally quit being a lazy ass" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTicalJun-28-06 02:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#295, "finally quit being a lazy ass"

Finally got around to installing a set of extreme motorsports upper and lower IC pipes and Greddy type-s bov,new spark plugs and wires, and fabbed up a bracket to keep my hard intake pipe in place. Had to mangle the recirc tube a bit but all was good in the end. Definite improvement on the butt dyno, car has a meaner sound too.

Now i just need to do a boost leak test and hunt down any leaks that might be present. Hopefully i can bust that out after work today and then log a few pulls on my favorite local straightaway.

IF this %$#%$# rain MD has had for the last week ever goes away i'll wash her up and get some new pics too.

Next on the mod agenda is a tubular 02 housing, downpipe, and 3" exhaust.

Anyone else just getting around to projects you've been slackin on?

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

FlyinEsiJun-28-06 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#296, "RE: finally quit being a lazy ass"
In response to Reply # 0

I have a fully built block sitting in my garage waiting for cam gears before I can finish assembly and drop it in the car.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kelvinb1Jun-30-06 11:59 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#297, "RE: finally quit being a lazy ass"
In response to Reply # 1

when you do your boost leak testing, be sure to start at the tb elbow and test, then test with your uicp on, then put your ic on and test and on and on, its hard testing from the turbo first and trying to find every single leak at once.

97eclipse97Jul-02-06 01:10 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#298, "RE: finally quit being a lazy ass"
In response to Reply # 2

Ugh...I need to stop being a lazy ass...or just have more time to work on my car. I have a set of FP2's to install, a WBO2, some gauges, strut bar, a brand new set of slipstreams (need tires), an entire 2gb conversion to do...oh, and to actually get my car back on the road. All it takes is time and some motivation. Hopefully I will have a lot less parts lying around in the near future.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

TeamDR1665Jul-03-06 06:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#299, "RE: finally quit being a lazy ass"
In response to Reply # 3

This thread is awesome. You've finally got something done that you've been putting off for a while, but the weather is not being cooperative.

I've been putting off doing anything with my Galant because it's too fucking hot. I'm building up enough hatred of the heat to just go out there and attack that motor in the garage.

Here's to rain in Norwalk!

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #295 Previous topic | Next topic