Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #265
View in linear mode

Subject: "worth it to purchase? (95 GSX)" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseSixJul-30-06 11:52 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#265, "worth it to purchase? (95 GSX)"

Well my need for speed is finally getting the best of me and I'm looking at my buddies 95 GSX that hes trying to sell. He only wants 5-6k for it, however the body is not in the best condition, and there are rust spots here and there, and some around the strut towers in the engine bay. The drivers side front fender has a large dent in it from a shop he had it at. The car runs great, and recently had a new clutch put in. I would have my current auto 96 GS as a backup car if this car didn't start one day, but is it worth the cost? It has 94k miles on it. Just gathering opinions at this point. Thanks.

-------
96 Eclipse GS Auto
Full Tokico Suspension - Shocks/Struts and Springs 1.5" drop

Saving for turbo...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX), Eric, Jul-30-06 01:14 PM, #1
RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX), 97eclipse97, Jul-30-06 05:36 PM, #2
      RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX), Dualgen2, Aug-01-06 03:15 AM, #3
           RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX), 97eclipse97, Aug-01-06 12:09 PM, #4
                RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX), EclipseSix, Aug-01-06 01:35 PM, #5
                     RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX), ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-01-06 01:39 PM, #6

EricJul-30-06 01:14 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#266, "RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX)"
In response to Reply # 0

I would say no because body work is expensive especially if you have someone else do it and do it properly. You should be able to find a 95-96 GSX in great condition and a few bolt-on's for 5-6k.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97eclipse97Jul-30-06 05:36 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#267, "RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX)"
In response to Reply # 1

5-6 is too much for a stock GSX, especially if it has rust! And rust on the strut towers suck! They will eventually eat right through and those NEED to be repaired as they are structural. I paid 5700 (which was overpriced) from a used car dealer back in Feb of '05. You should be able to find a good condition stock '95 for about 4k. I also bought my stock AWD Talon for $2900 a year ago

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Dualgen2Aug-01-06 03:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#268, "RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX)"
In response to Reply # 2

Where do you guys find these great deals? I can never find a good deal on a 2G AWD. I still want a durango copper pearl

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

97eclipse97Aug-01-06 12:09 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#269, "RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX)"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Dualgen2
Where do you guys find these great deals? I can never find a good deal on a 2G AWD. I still want a durango copper pearl

I don't know if it's just my area (New England) but they can be had for relatively cheap money around here. We have a pretty good sized club up here (NewEngDSM), so maybe that is part of it. That is how I got my Talon.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

EclipseSixAug-01-06 01:35 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
#270, "RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX)"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah, theres no such thing as a good deal on a dsm in chicago. look up mitsubishi eclipses in autotrader within 50 miles of the area code 60074. Its hard to find a non-turbo rs for under 6k.... the few gsx' are between 8 and 14k....

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-01-06 01:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#271, "RE: worth it to purchase? (95 GSX)"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by EclipseSix
yeah, theres no such thing as a good deal on a dsm in chicago. look up mitsubishi eclipses in autotrader within 50 miles of the area code 60074. Its hard to find a non-turbo rs for under 6k.... the few gsx' are between 8 and 14k....

Shit. I should've brought mine out there to sell rather than trade-in...
$10k down on the Evo would've made my payments less than my cable bill. hehe

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #265 Previous topic | Next topic