Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2556
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hi." Previous topic | Next topic
KaptainMykeApr-21-09 09:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#2556, "Hi."

I get to play in this forum now.

So, anybody got some things to suggest that I should start on my Evo right away? I hear that I should remove the stock airbox and put a air filter in it's place. I was thinking of starting with boost, a/f, and egt guages and a MBC. Most are stating so far that there's no point for an aftermarket BOV, is this true?

Thanks guys.

-Myke

https://www.kaptainmyke.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hi., TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-28-05 05:29 AM, #1
RE: Hi., KaptainMyke, Feb-28-05 05:36 AM, #2
      RE: Hi., BigBald, Feb-28-05 06:42 AM, #3
           RE: Hi., KaptainMyke, Feb-28-05 07:39 AM, #4
                RE: Hi., TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-28-05 07:41 AM, #5
                     RE: Hi., KaptainMyke, Feb-28-05 07:44 AM, #6
                          RE: Hi., ModeratoreclipzGST, Feb-28-05 07:53 AM, #7
                               RE: Hi., HybriDSM, Feb-28-05 08:03 AM, #8
                                    RE: Hi., KaptainMyke, Feb-28-05 08:33 AM, #9
                                         RE: Hi., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-28-05 10:35 AM, #10
                                              RE: Hi., chrysler kid, Feb-28-05 10:37 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Hi., TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-28-05 10:43 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Hi., Uberingram, Feb-28-05 10:45 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Hi., KaptainMyke, Feb-28-05 10:54 AM, #14
                                                             RE: Hi., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-28-05 11:13 AM, #17
                                                             RE: Hi., PowerEclipses, Feb-28-05 10:54 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Hi., PowerEclipses, Feb-28-05 10:55 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Hi., KaptainMyke, Feb-28-05 11:19 AM, #18
                                                                       RE: Hi., ModeratoreclipzGST, Feb-28-05 12:07 PM, #19
                                                                       RE: Hi., TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-28-05 12:30 PM, #20
                                                                            RE: Hi., PowerEclipses, Feb-28-05 02:06 PM, #21
                                                                                 RE: Hi., KaptainMyke, Feb-28-05 02:29 PM, #22
                                                                                 RE: Hi., Vandy420a, Feb-28-05 02:32 PM, #23
                                                                                      RE: Hi., PowerEclipses, Feb-28-05 02:40 PM, #24
                                                                                 RE: Hi., ModeratoreclipzGST, Feb-28-05 02:41 PM, #25
                                                                                 RE: Hi., KaptainMyke, Feb-28-05 02:44 PM, #26
                                                                                      RE: Hi., All4thaN0okie, Feb-28-05 04:22 PM, #27
                                                                                           RE: Hi., TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-28-05 05:26 PM, #28
                                                                                                RE: Hi., KaptainMyke, Feb-28-05 05:46 PM, #29
                                                                                                RE: Hi., BigBald, Feb-28-05 06:16 PM, #30
                                                                                 RE: Hi., SilverBullet20g, Mar-01-05 02:04 AM, #31
                                                                                      RE: Hi., HybriDSM, Mar-01-05 03:49 AM, #32
                                                                                           RE: Hi., KaptainMyke, Mar-01-05 04:35 AM, #33
                                                                                                RE: Hi., Blizare, Mar-02-05 07:49 PM, #34
                                                                                                     RE: Hi., KaptainMyke, Mar-03-05 11:15 AM, #35
RE: Hi., Tguy, Apr-01-10 04:26 PM, #36

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-28-05 05:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2557, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome to the forum Mike.

There are a bunch of vendors that sell all kinds of intake parts for the Evo. You can do anything from a drop-in K&N filter to an entire intake pipe with upgraded BOV placement and upgraded IC pipes.

Check out www.dejontool.com for some great ideas there.

As for the gauges, boost is a must but A/F and EGT really aren't needed. At least not yet. I've never had a working A/F or EGT on my Talon and it has been just great. You just have to be careful when tuning the car.

The factory BOV is still plastic, so it will leak eventually. A 1st gen BOV is a great cheap upgrade and works well with aftermarket IC pipes.

Nice to see you in the turbo Mitsubishi world Have fun. Come to the Shootout.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KaptainMykeFeb-28-05 05:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#2558, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 1

Oh ya, I can't wait! Thanks Jeff.

BigBaldFeb-28-05 06:42 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2559, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 2

Have you tried:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/
http://www.evotuners.net/

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

KaptainMykeFeb-28-05 07:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#2560, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 3

Ya I signed up on evolutionm.net forums.

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-28-05 07:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2561, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
Ya I signed up on evolutionm.net forums.

90% of the people there are complete jackasses. Just a warning.

KaptainMykeFeb-28-05 07:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#2562, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 5

Note that I'm back over here in the 4g63 forum, Jeff.

ModeratoreclipzGSTFeb-28-05 07:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#2563, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 6

welcome to the dark side Mike. And a big'ol congradulations!

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

HybriDSMFeb-28-05 08:03 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#2564, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 7

Congrats man. Hope you enjoy the speed and power of the 4G63.

You're a fan of red aren't you? Have anything to do with your favorite comic hero?

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

KaptainMykeFeb-28-05 08:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#2565, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 8

Ya I like red just a little bit.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-28-05 10:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2566, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 9
Feb-28-05 10:36 AM by DarkOne

When the fucking fuck did you buy a fucking evo, you sumbitch??

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

chrysler kidFeb-28-05 10:37 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#2567, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by DarkOne
When the fucking fuck did you buy a fucking evo, you sumbitch??

ditto, and how did you find an rs? how much did you pay if i may ask?

11.65 @ 115

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-28-05 10:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2568, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by chrysler kid
Originally posted by DarkOne When the fucking fuck did you buy a fucking evo, you sumbitch??

It isn't an RS. There were no RS Evos sold in 2003. His sig says "Eclipse RS".

UberingramFeb-28-05 10:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#2569, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 12
Feb-28-05 10:45 AM by Uberingram

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Originally posted by chrysler kid
Originally posted by DarkOne When the fucking fuck did you buy a fucking evo, you sumbitch??
It isn't an RS. There were no RS Evos sold in 2003. His sig says "Eclipse RS".

CK always had a problem with English in the form of written words.

KaptainMykeFeb-28-05 10:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#2570, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 13

$24k, 8000 miles on it!

Dino, I got it this last friday night. We need to wrench on it sometime, no?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-28-05 11:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2571, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 14

$24k, 8000 miles on it! Dino, I got it this last friday night. We need to wrench on it sometime, no?

The RS needs love first, KM.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

PowerEclipsesFeb-28-05 10:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#2572, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 13

WTF myke went and got himself an EVO!?! LOL congrats man!! i really want an evo, does that mean you sold the truck?

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

PowerEclipsesFeb-28-05 10:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#2573, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 15

Oh, first thing I would do is AEM standalone, 60 awhp for 2g, check out turbotrix's website for a whole boat load of info about it.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

KaptainMykeFeb-28-05 11:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#2574, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 16

Ya Dino I'mmma prolly need your help with the eclipse, dood. lol

It needs some love and work. Waterpump, Timing Belt, Hoses, new clutch, new TOB, etc., new 02 sensors. I need this thing running again.

arg

Free beer!

ModeratoreclipzGSTFeb-28-05 12:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#2575, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 18

Free beer!

sounds like it's going to need alot more work now.

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-28-05 12:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2576, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by PowerEclipses
Oh, first thing I would do is AEM standalone, 60 awhp for 2g, check out turbotrix's website for a whole boat load of info about it.

What the hell are you smoking? Yeah spend $1200 or whatever for 60hp when the factory ECU works perfectly well as is. Smart.

SCC managed 300whp with only a downpipe and adjustable cam gears. Stick with bolt-ons. Stand-alone has its own issues. The factory ECU is plenty good for a lot of power.

PowerEclipsesFeb-28-05 02:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#2577, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by PowerEclipses Oh, first thing I would do is AEM standalone, 60 awhp for 2g, check out turbotrix's website for a whole boat load of info about it.
What the hell are you smoking? Yeah spend $1200 or whatever for 60hp when the factory ECU works perfectly well as is. Smart. SCC managed 300whp with only a downpipe and adjustable cam gears. Stick with bolt-ons. Stand-alone has its own issues. The factory ECU is plenty good for a lot of power.

You will need some kind of tuning device anyways unless you plan on reflashing all the time. I just heard that the EVO guys love the AEM standalone thats why i said it

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

KaptainMykeFeb-28-05 02:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#2578, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 21

I want everything on dejontool's website for the evo. Heh.

I think the first things on the list will be:
the "big race" IC,
the upper IC, the 3" Intake Pipe for aftermarket air filters and stock MAS,
Greddy Type S BOV,
basic MBC,
boost gauge,
and dash pod for gauge.

Should be a nice start. Jeff? What's the big diff on a re-circulating BOV and not?

Vandy420aFeb-28-05 02:32 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#2579, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 22

I thought the stock evo intercooler was good for a while...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

PowerEclipsesFeb-28-05 02:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#2580, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 23

yeah no neeed really to upgrade the fm, just yet

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

ModeratoreclipzGSTFeb-28-05 02:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#2581, "RE: Hi."

Another option (better if you already have a 2GT) is, a couple NEDSM guys found that a 2G DSMLink setup works with an EVO.

KaptainMykeFeb-28-05 02:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#2582, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 25
Feb-28-05 02:44 PM by KaptainMyke

Ya but the big race IC looks cooler

All4thaN0okieFeb-28-05 04:22 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#2583, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 26

Ya but the big race IC looks cooler

Ricer!! JK.. but..really.. Congrats on the Evo!

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-28-05 05:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2584, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 27

You will still want to recirculate the BOV. It is the same idea with any turbo DSM.

Dejon Tool makes good shit.

KaptainMykeFeb-28-05 05:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#2585, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 28

i want my bov to make that loud sound

BigBaldFeb-28-05 06:16 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#2586, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 28

You will still want to recirculate the BOV. It is the same idea with any turbo DSM. Dejon Tool makes good shit.

They beg to differ on NABR and DSMLink boards......lol.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

SilverBullet20gMar-01-05 02:04 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#2587, "RE: Hi."
Mar-01-05 02:08 AM by SilverBullet20g

Originally posted by PowerEclipses
Originally posted by PowerEclipses Oh, first thing I would do is AEM standalone, 60 awhp for 2g, check out turbotrix's website for a whole boat load of info about it.
What the hell are you smoking? Yeah spend $1200 or whatever for 60hp when the factory ECU works perfectly well as is. Smart. SCC managed 300whp with only a downpipe and adjustable cam gears. Stick with bolt-ons. Stand-alone has its own issues. The factory ECU is plenty good for a lot of power.
You will need some kind of tuning device anyways unless you plan on reflashing all the time. I just heard that the EVO guys love the AEM standalone thats why i said it

I agree with PowerEclipses,
These are all with stock turbos, the second link even has a stock IC.. I would like to see dynos of these same mods (exhaust, cams..etc..) without the EMS and see what the "waste of money" does for you

423awhp with only these mods:
110 octane
HKS 272 cams
FMIC
880 cc/min
3" DP & Catback exhaust
stock head, engine.
Nothing else special, basic safe tune

http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=11692

395awhp with stock IC
http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=11661

Let the AEM EMS flaming begin!

(parting out 95 GS)

HybriDSMMar-01-05 03:49 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#2588, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 31

Recirculate the BOV. It's long to explain so search around for more intimate detail but the short version is that you expell metered air out of the system when you don't circulate the BOV. When you lose air that the computer is already adding fuel for, you run pig rich after the BOV vents, and the car runs porrly and will stumble, stutter, and even stall when shifting or getting off throttle in boost.

Myke, don't tell us you just bought the car so you hear the loud BOV sound. Say it ain't so.

Also, leave the stock IC alone until you upgrade your turbo. MBC, 1G BOV (or other recirc. BOV), some sort of fuel management, boost gauge and then reevlauate from there. Good luck man and take care of that maintenance stuff first. Then get after the modding once it's running smoothly.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

KaptainMykeMar-01-05 04:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#2589, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 32

That's good advice. Yes I've read about the circulated, not circulated now and you are correct, when dumping the air out in the atmosphere, it makes the car run too rich. No, I didn't really buy it for the sound, lol

What maintenance issues are you referring to?

BlizareMar-02-05 07:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#2590, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 33

the 10K tune-up silly

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

KaptainMykeMar-03-05 11:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
#2591, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 34

There's no 10k tuneup besides an oil change, dood.

TguyApr-01-10 04:26 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2010
21 posts,
#13153, "RE: Hi."
In response to Reply # 0

yup the same stuff what other have offered.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2556 Previous topic | Next topic