Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2495
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pics of my new POS car!" Previous topic | Next topic
SilverBullet20gMar-02-05 06:28 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2495, "Pics of my new POS car!"

Well, I went out and got another car...Man I can't keep spending money. Oh well it was cheap.. But anyways, it is a 91' Laser RS. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it..pretty sure it is going to be a parts car.

It has no compression and I'm guessing bent valves from timing coming off..needs a rebuild

Anybody want a fresh rebuilt automatic tranny? That's the only thing I know I don't want.

(parting out 95 GS)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Pics of my new POS car!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-02-05 07:48 AM, #1
RE: Pics of my new POS car!, SilverBullet20g, Mar-02-05 08:34 AM, #2
      RE: Pics of my new POS car!, TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-02-05 09:14 AM, #3
           RE: Pics of my new POS car!, Uberingram, Mar-02-05 09:42 AM, #4
           RE: Pics of my new POS car!, Pitchblack98, Mar-02-05 09:49 AM, #5
                RE: Pics of my new POS car!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-02-05 10:46 AM, #6
                     RE: Pics of my new POS car!, Pitchblack98, Mar-02-05 11:18 AM, #7
           RE: Pics of my new POS car!, SilverBullet20g, Mar-02-05 11:29 AM, #8
                RE: Pics of my new POS car!, soulcontroller, Mar-02-05 03:50 PM, #9
                     RE: Pics of my new POS car!, TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-02-05 03:58 PM, #10
                          RE: Pics of my new POS car!, soulcontroller, Mar-02-05 04:16 PM, #11
                               Look what I found when I took off the head..., SilverBullet20g, Mar-04-05 12:21 PM, #12
                                    RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..., TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-04-05 12:38 PM, #13
                                         RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..., SilverBullet20g, Mar-04-05 12:58 PM, #14
                                              RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..., TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-04-05 01:48 PM, #15
                                                   RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-04-05 07:22 PM, #16
                                                        RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..., Diceman19, Mar-05-05 03:09 AM, #17
                                                             RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..., TKI, Mar-13-05 02:40 PM, #18
                                                                  RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..., Uberingram, Mar-14-05 02:35 AM, #19
                                                                       RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..., RSClipse9d7, Mar-14-05 10:52 AM, #20

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-02-05 07:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2496, "RE: Pics of my new POS car!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by SilverBullet20g
Well, I went out and got another car...Man I can't keep spending money. Oh well it was cheap.. But anyways, it is a 91' Laser RS. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it..pretty sure it is going to be a parts car. It has no compression and I'm guessing bent valves from timing coming off..needs a rebuild Anybody want a fresh rebuilt automatic tranny? That's the only thing I know I don't want.

Nice!
Lasers are great. They are the ultimate sleeper DSM.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SilverBullet20gMar-02-05 08:34 AM
558 posts,
#2497, "RE: Pics of my new POS car!"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-02-05 08:35 AM by SilverBullet20g

Anybody need any 1G parts except for the engine?

(parting out 95 GS)

TeamJeff_99gsMar-02-05 09:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2498, "RE: Pics of my new POS car!"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-02-05 09:15 AM by Jeff_99gs

Why destroy a perfectly good DSM by parting it out?

Especially such a rare one in such great shape.

UberingramMar-02-05 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#2499, "RE: Pics of my new POS car!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Why destroy a perfectly good DSM by parting it out? Especially such a rare one in such great shape.

Ditto.

Pitchblack98Mar-02-05 09:49 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#2500, "RE: Pics of my new POS car!"
In response to Reply # 4

Ill take the 14b if its in good shape...

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-02-05 10:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#2501, "RE: Pics of my new POS car!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Pitchblack98
Ill take the 14b if its in good shape...

It's an A/T. It doesn't have a 14b...

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

Pitchblack98Mar-02-05 11:18 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#2502, "RE: Pics of my new POS car!"
In response to Reply # 6

good point... lol thanks the correcting me... nvm on the turbo...

SilverBullet20gMar-02-05 11:29 AM
558 posts,
#2503, "RE: Pics of my new POS car!"
In response to Reply # 3

Why destroy a perfectly good DSM by parting it out? Especially such a rare one in such great shape.

I know I agree..I was just asking anybody if they needed any parts. I remember the post you guys did a while back about parting out DSMs and selling them on scambay.

Although I need the bottom end, mine is on it's last leg and burning oil like crazy.. My block has already been rebuilt and bored over, abused for 20Ok by the previous owner..

The body on the blue car is nice though.. If I was going to keep it, I need it to be a MTX. I haven't read up on the conversion yet so I will start searching. What do you guys think?

$300 plus $75 in towing is cheaper than a used long block.. talk about a cheap car!

(parting out 95 GS)

soulcontrollerMar-02-05 03:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#2504, "RE: Pics of my new POS car!"
In response to Reply # 8

i need the a pillar.

if it has automatic windows, i need the black plastic piece that the interior door handle/ power windows switch is on. sort of hard to describe, but its the piece that goes around the door opener thing.

i could also use just about all of the interior door panel fastening clips.

and if not thats fine i need a stock MAS as well.

TeamJeff_99gsMar-02-05 03:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2505, "RE: Pics of my new POS car!"
In response to Reply # 9

I have a stock MAS if you want it. Anything to save this poor extremely rare blue turbo Laser from being destroyed.

I have a hacked air can too that I can throw in.

soulcontrollerMar-02-05 04:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#2506, "RE: Pics of my new POS car!"
In response to Reply # 10

thanks jeff. ill email you tomorrow.

SilverBullet20gMar-04-05 12:21 PM
558 posts,
#2507, "Look what I found when I took off the head..."
In response to Reply # 11
Mar-04-05 12:55 PM by SilverBullet20g

sorry!

(parting out 95 GS)

TeamJeff_99gsMar-04-05 12:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2508, "RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..."
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by SilverBullet20g You guys really think that this car is worth saving?

That is absolutely the dumbest question I have ever read on this website.

Engine parts are dirt cheap. Blue 90-91 Turbo Lasers are some of the rarest DSMs ever made. Of course the car is worth saving. Hell if you were anywhere close to me I would take it off your hands.

SilverBullet20gMar-04-05 12:58 PM
558 posts,
#2509, "RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..."
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by SilverBullet20g You guys really think that this car is worth saving?
That is absolutely the dumbest question I have ever read on this website. Engine parts are dirt cheap. Blue 90-91 Turbo Lasers are some of the rarest DSMs ever made. Of course the car is worth saving. Hell if you were anywhere close to me I would take it off your hands.

sorry for posting here...post erased

(parting out 95 GS)

TeamJeff_99gsMar-04-05 01:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2510, "RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..."
In response to Reply # 14

I don't mean to be a dick, but anyone who has been around this forum for any length of time knows my opinion on these cars. I would go to every junkyard in the country to save all these cars if I had the money. Seeing a car in that condition being torn apart for parts would just break my heart.

You don't have to censor your posts or anything. It is your car and you can do what you want with it. I'd just hate to see such a rare car in such great condition being destroyed. That goes for any DSM.

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-04-05 07:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#2511, "RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..."
In response to Reply # 15

I still want to see what you found when you took off the head.

Diceman19Mar-05-05 03:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#2512, "RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..."
In response to Reply # 16

me too, i was all excited.

TKIMar-13-05 02:40 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
#2513, "RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..."
In response to Reply # 17

Is that blue color rare on just the Laser or on 1g's all together. That Laser is the same color blue of the GST that I just got. Mine is a '90 though.

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

UberingramMar-14-05 02:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#2514, "RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..."
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by TKI
Is that blue color rare on just the Laser or on 1g's all together. That Laser is the same color blue of the GST that I just got. Mine is a '90 though.

The fact that it's a 4G63-T Laser is what is rare...and also it being in damn good shape for a 14+ year old car.

RSClipse9d7Mar-14-05 10:52 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#2515, "RE: Look what I found when I took off the head..."
In response to Reply # 19

I test drove a turbo Laser when I was 16. It was really cheap to but I think it had a lot of miles so we decided not to get it. I would have made the guy an offer if I knew they were so rare.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2495 Previous topic | Next topic