Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #245
View in linear mode

Subject: "Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner" Previous topic | Next topic
420a-TnthewerksAug-16-06 12:58 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#245, "Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"

So last night I was out tuning the car some more and decided to mess with the 2 step(DSMLink). Well I revved her up and slipped the clutch just a tad and before I know it at 6500-7000rpm's I'm starting to go sideways!

Link shows I built 18psi off the line and went from 5-36.4mph in .99 secs. with around 21psi. Car is full weight including spare tire, heavy ass brakes(TCE 13" w/ Wilwood 6pot calipers) and limited slip in the rear. I jizzed a little not gonna lie.

I know alot of you can probably do this yourself but DAMN what a feeling eh?!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, FlyinEsi, Aug-16-06 01:05 PM, #1
RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, T_K, Aug-16-06 03:58 PM, #2
      RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, Diceman19, Aug-16-06 04:20 PM, #3
           RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, 420a-Tnthewerks, Aug-16-06 04:43 PM, #4
                RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, kelvinb1, Aug-17-06 08:14 AM, #5
                     RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, 97eclipse97, Aug-17-06 10:24 AM, #6
                          RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, 420a-Tnthewerks, Aug-17-06 11:01 AM, #7
                               RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, kelvinb1, Aug-18-06 01:14 PM, #8
                                    RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, kelvinb1, Aug-18-06 10:33 PM, #9
                                         RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, kelvinb1, Aug-19-06 11:19 PM, #10
                                              RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, 420a-Tnthewerks, Aug-20-06 12:58 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, CarbonFiberRST, Aug-20-06 06:44 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, kelvinb1, Aug-21-06 04:47 PM, #13
                                                             RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner, 420a-Tnthewerks, Aug-21-06 05:00 PM, #14

FlyinEsiAug-16-06 01:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#246, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-16-06 01:06 PM by FlyinEsi

It is pretty sweet. I hit 39.6 psi on my first test run with the GT35R and it ripped them loose in 2nd gear on the freeway. I also jizzed a little.

What mods do you have to your new sexy-ass GSX?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

T_KAug-16-06 03:58 PM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
219 posts,
#247, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 1

:D

just be careful not to break anything

1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: balance shafts, cruise & AC removed; 16psi, Dejon intake & UICP, ported 14b, EVOIII mani, ported 2G O2 housing, 2.5" Buschur dp to 3" Thermal exhaust, datalogger, front strut brace, prothane motor mounts

1995 Eclipse RS U-Boot; Tokico Illuminas, GSX front brakes, ST front swaybar, short shifter, CAI with K&N filter, rear disks and swaybar, front upper and rear lower strut braces, beater exterior

Diceman19Aug-16-06 04:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#248, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 2

yea, launching at 20psi is a nice way to break some driveline parts. the stutterbox gets me to about 4-5psi and that is enough to take off quickly on the 14b.

420a-TnthewerksAug-16-06 04:43 PM
2267 posts,
#249, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
It is pretty sweet. I hit 39.6 psi on my first test run with the GT35R and it ripped them loose in 2nd gear on the freeway.

40psi!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet that was fun LOL.

Originally posted by Diceman19
yea, launching at 20psi is a nice way to break some driveline parts. the stutterbox gets me to about 4-5psi and that is enough to take off quickly on the 14b.

Yeah I am still working with the timing on the stutterbox and ALS. Buuut, 4-5psi isn't going to be much fun with my FP3065... I'll probably try for somewhere inbetween 10-15psi.

kelvinb1Aug-17-06 08:14 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#250, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 4

i wanna share a raging boner with you

97eclipse97Aug-17-06 10:24 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#251, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 5

I can build up to 10 psi just off the studderbox (at 5750, holding it there for about 5 seconds), or I can build well over 20 with ALS very quickly. Yay for shooting out flames!

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

420a-TnthewerksAug-17-06 11:01 AM
2267 posts,
#252, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by kelvinb1
i wanna share a raging boner with you

Eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. OK!

Originally posted by 97eclipse97
I can build up to 10 psi just off the studderbox (at 5750, holding it there for about 5 seconds), or I can build well over 20 with ALS very quickly. Yay for shooting out flames!

I have the stutterbox at 5250, 8* timing, 0 fuel enrichment, and ALS engage at 5000, I was probably holding it for 3 secs.

Yesterday was the first day I had the car out in over a month. It's been driven about 300 miles in 3 months including a 150 mile round trip to the dragstrip, which is all the reason behind me being so excited because I'm still messing with everything.

kelvinb1Aug-18-06 01:14 PM
1543 posts,
#253, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 7

bring it to culvers tonight or i kill

kelvinb1Aug-18-06 10:33 PM
1543 posts,
#254, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 8

i thought your wheels were chrome before...but that thing is fucking beautiful

kelvinb1Aug-19-06 11:19 PM
1543 posts,
#255, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 9

wow fucking update

fastest car ive ridden in EVER.

words cannot describe what i felt tonight. i couldnt even hear myself screaming of joy after running, not walking this car from 70-150 or so on the interstate. then some old school chevelle love alittle later that took nothing to destroy. to top that all off, mofo 2 stepped it and spun through 1st and second. my hands are shakin!

hopefully justin posts the video of him racing the 400hp c5 from a roll

420a-TnthewerksAug-20-06 12:58 PM
2267 posts,
#256, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 10

wow fucking update fastest car ive ridden in EVER. words cannot describe what i felt tonight. i couldnt even hear myself screaming of joy after running, not walking this car from 70-150 or so on the interstate. then some old school chevelle love alittle later that took nothing to destroy. to top that all off, mofo 2 stepped it and spun through 1st and second. my hands are shakin! hopefully justin posts the video of him racing the 400hp c5 from a roll

LOL glad we could share raging boners! I'll have to get the video from my friend and I'll post it up.

CarbonFiberRSTAug-20-06 06:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#257, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 11

I wanna see! pm me the link cause I'll forget... please?

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

kelvinb1Aug-21-06 04:47 PM
1543 posts,
#258, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 12
Aug-21-06 04:47 PM by kelvinb1

hasnt even posted it here what a DBAG

420a-TnthewerksAug-21-06 05:00 PM
2267 posts,
#259, "RE: Soooo.. spinning all 4 through first = raging boner"
In response to Reply # 13

hasnt even posted it here what a DBAG

I posted it in the war story section like 5 minutes ago NOO0B!

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #245 Previous topic | Next topic