Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #226
View in linear mode

Subject: "Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)" Previous topic | Next topic
GTAGRIPJul-05-06 04:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
369 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#226, "Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"

Here is the newest addition to my little DSM family. I recently purchased this black '95 TSi. She came to me with 83000 miles on the odometer with the following mods. I purchased this from a friend who had it for 5 months. Prior to that it had 1 owner, a 50+ year old woman. I also have a '99 RS-T (pictured with the TSi) which I will probably be selling soon (already have 2 people interested to purchase as is). Anyway, just wanted to introduce my car. She is a true DSM as the 2nd day I had her she was on a tow truck due to a busted a clutch line, I have since blown off my intake pipe at 18psi and she's starting to overheat. I'll be lurking through the past posts trying to learn more about the 4g63 so i'll see ya around. I'll get some engine/interior shots soon but for now this is all I have. Later

Mods: (I know I am missing some stuff but this is all i can remember off the top of my head).

SCM 5031E turbo
FMIC
All stainless IC tubing
Greddy type RS BOV (recirculating)
PTE 680cc injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Magnacore 8.5mm wires
K&N FIPK (Filter and adaptor)
Forced performance intake tube (4in dia.)
Fidanza adjustable cam gears
Aeromotive AFPR
WBO2
3" Exhaust
DSM Link (Palm IIIc for it)
17" MB motoring Weapon wheels (bronze)

Currently running about ~20 PSi.

DSM Registry Profiles:
http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1410 (Eclipse)
http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1411 (Talon)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), DSMxTSi, Jul-05-06 06:44 AM, #1
RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), EclipseTical, Jul-05-06 06:59 AM, #2
      RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), ModeratoreclipzGST, Jul-05-06 07:53 AM, #3
           RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), GTAGRIP, Jul-05-06 09:24 AM, #4
                RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), slowmitsu, Jul-08-06 11:03 AM, #5
                RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), Teamner947, Jul-10-06 04:42 AM, #6
                     RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), TeamDR1665, Jul-10-06 01:07 PM, #7
                     RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), T_K, Jul-16-06 05:17 PM, #8
                          RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), GTAGRIP, Jul-17-06 03:18 AM, #9
                               RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), ModeratoreclipzGST, Jul-19-06 01:45 PM, #10
                                    RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), GTAGRIP, Jul-21-06 03:28 AM, #12
                     RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?), 97eclipse97, Jul-20-06 03:05 PM, #11

DSMxTSiJul-05-06 06:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#227, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 0

Looks awesome!

How much did you pay for it? You're gonna have lots of fun with it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseTicalJul-05-06 06:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#228, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 1

looks really nice man, welcome to the darkside.

Have fun with that, make sure you read the Vfaq until your eyes bleed and then read it again.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-05-06 07:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#229, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

GTAGRIPJul-05-06 09:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
369 posts,
#230, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 3

Paid 6k.

VFAQ has been read, re-read and read again, then bookmarked for future reading. I just received my trasfer of ownership for DSMLink so I have been reading all the posts on their forum as well.

DSM Registry Profiles:

slowmitsuJul-08-06 11:03 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#231, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 4

Cleanest 2Ga I've ever seen. Wow.

_______

BPU'd skittle

Teamner947Jul-10-06 04:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#232, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by GTAGRIP
I just received my trasfer of ownership for DSMLink so I have been reading all the posts on their forum as well.

Me too, I just bought one of those for my Galant. There is a lot of good information over there, but it seems to have an anti-developers atmosphere since it is closed-source software. It could be so much more, perhaps on par with the tunability of a megasquirt with the simplicity of keeping the stock ECU. Stupid MAFT, I want speed density and a VE table!

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

TeamDR1665Jul-10-06 01:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#233, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 6

Looks awesome. All you need to do is black out those headlights and you'll be set. Much more menacing, imo.

T_KJul-16-06 05:17 PM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
219 posts,
#234, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 7

too pretty!

welcome to serious

1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: balance shafts, cruise & AC removed; 16psi, Dejon intake & UICP, ported 14b, EVOIII mani, ported 2G O2 housing, 2.5" Buschur dp to 3" Thermal exhaust, datalogger, front strut brace, prothane motor mounts

1995 Eclipse RS U-Boot; Tokico Illuminas, GSX front brakes, ST front swaybar, short shifter, CAI with K&N filter, rear disks and swaybar, front upper and rear lower strut braces, beater exterior

GTAGRIPJul-17-06 03:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
369 posts,
#235, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 8

Thanks for the comments guys! As promised, here are some engine/interior shots of the car. Later

(besides the nasty floor mats, interior is almost perfect)

(like the gauge install? these are the boost and fuel gauges)

DSM Registry Profiles:

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-19-06 01:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#236, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 9

Very nice! :

How did you do this:

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

GTAGRIPJul-21-06 03:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
369 posts,
#237, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Very nice! : How did you do this:

Can't say for sure to be honest. My brother-in-law did the work on the cluster. I wouldn't feel comfortable handing out steps anyway as we are still having some issues with the cluster (gas gauge is acting funny and can't get stock boost gauge to work for anything else through DSMLink (must have messed something up on the circuit board for the cluster)). I'll find out what gauges he put in there and try to get a write-up once we get all the kinks worked out. Thanks for all the comments guys.

DSM Registry Profiles:

97eclipse97Jul-20-06 03:05 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#238, "RE: Newest addition to my DSM family! (56k, wtf?)"
In response to Reply # 6

Very very nice man. You can tell the previous owner did a great job on the install. Very clean. And you got a killer deal, especially with that mileage. Take good care of it, and it will take care of you

Originally posted by ner947
Me too, I just bought one of those for my Galant. There is a lot of good information over there, but it seems to have an anti-developers atmosphere since it is closed-source software. It could be so much more, perhaps on par with the tunability of a megasquirt with the simplicity of keeping the stock ECU. Stupid MAFT, I want speed density and a VE table!

Are you confused Nate? DSMLink has always been open sourced:

"The laptop portion of DSMLink is open source. That is, we provide all the source code necessary to build or modify the laptop portion of DSMLink on your own. You can also review the code to find bugs, add features, or to develop a completely separate client version of DSMLink if you wish."

Also, DSMLink does have a VE table. It's under ECU > Airflow. Maybe you already realize this, maybe you don't. I'm confused. Ok, that's it for now.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #226 Previous topic | Next topic