Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1755
View in linear mode

Subject: "I'm not overheating!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiJul-18-05 04:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1755, "I'm not overheating!!!!"

Got my new monster spal fan installed, left the A/C fan where it was and installed my very thin spal fan that was on the radiator between the intercooler and a/c condensor. I am having no problems so far!!!!!! But I haven't taken it out in 115* weather yet, but I think she will be fine!!!!

Now...onto all the other little problems with the car...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, L2RTSiAWD, Jul-18-05 06:28 AM, #1
RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, TeamJeff_99gs, Jul-18-05 06:38 AM, #2
      RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, L2RTSiAWD, Jul-18-05 06:40 AM, #3
           RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, TeamJeff_99gs, Jul-18-05 06:41 AM, #4
                RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, FlyinEsi, Jul-18-05 07:13 AM, #5
                     RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, L2RTSiAWD, Jul-18-05 07:22 AM, #6
                          RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jul-18-05 07:31 AM, #7
                               RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, HybriDSM, Jul-18-05 09:05 AM, #8
                                    RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, FlyinEsi, Jul-18-05 09:18 AM, #9
                                         RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, HybriDSM, Jul-18-05 09:47 AM, #10
                                              RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, FlyinEsi, Jul-18-05 10:50 AM, #11
                                                   RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, Diceman19, Jul-18-05 01:39 PM, #12
                                                        RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jul-18-05 09:51 PM, #13
                                                             RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, FlyinEsi, Jul-19-05 04:30 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, BMPDirk, Jul-19-05 04:47 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, FlyinEsi, Jul-19-05 09:26 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, All4thaN0okie, Jul-19-05 10:44 AM, #17
                                                                                 RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, L2RTSiAWD, Jul-19-05 10:45 AM, #18
                                                                                      RE: I'm not overheating!!!!, FlyinEsi, Jul-19-05 01:14 PM, #19

L2RTSiAWDJul-18-05 06:28 AM
Member since Sep 30th 2003
244 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1756, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-18-05 06:28 AM by L2RTSiAWD

When you say "inbetween the FMIC and ac condenser", explain that a little more.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsJul-18-05 06:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#1757, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by L2RTSiAWD
When you say "inbetween the FMIC and ac condenser", explain that a little more.

I think he put a "push" fan on the AC condensor behind the FMIC.

L2RTSiAWDJul-18-05 06:40 AM
244 posts,
#1758, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Originally posted by L2RTSiAWD When you say "inbetween the FMIC and ac condenser", explain that a little more.
I think he put a "push" fan on the AC condensor behind the FMIC.

That's what I thought too but he said used his old SPAL that was on the radiator side, aren't the stock fans "pull type"

TeamJeff_99gsJul-18-05 06:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#1759, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-18-05 06:42 AM by Jeff_99gs

Usually you can reverse the wires and it will spin the other way.

At least I am assuming he did that. Dan you did reverse the fan, right?

FlyinEsiJul-18-05 07:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1760, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

No, I took my radiator spal fan, which was like 1.5" thick and mounted it behind the FMIC to blow air into the a/c condenser. It wasn't pretty, and it was a hella tight fit, but it worked, and I spiced into the radiator fan wires so they turn on at the same time.

L2RTSiAWDJul-18-05 07:22 AM
244 posts,
#1761, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

Ok, that makes more sense.

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-18-05 07:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1762, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Reversing the wires should work but it doesn't on SPAL's. Maybe it does on Slimlines. When I hooked mine up, I wasn't sure which was pos/neg and had it backwards and it didn't spin. When I reversed the wires, it worked fine.
As long as his is mounted on the backside of the condenser, it should blow through the rad. just like a pull fan would if mounted on the front of the radiator.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

HybriDSMJul-18-05 09:05 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#1763, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

Some fans spin in the opposite direction not by reversing the wires, but by physically flipping the blade upside down.

The fans I got were interchangable push/pull depending on how you had the blades mounted in the shroud.

For some reason, I think the SPALs are like this too. Maybe not, but many makes are.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

FlyinEsiJul-18-05 09:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1764, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

okay, that doesn't make sense to me why a fan turned upside down would blow air any other direction, the blades still face the same direction...but I checked before I put my FMIC back on and it is definitely blowing backwards. Don't even know if it is helping much though because that huge spal fan blows like a mother.

HybriDSMJul-18-05 09:47 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#1765, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
okay, that doesn't make sense to me why a fan turned upside down would blow air any other direction, the blades still face the same direction...but I checked before I put my FMIC back on and it is definitely blowing backwards. Don't even know if it is helping much though because that huge spal fan blows like a mother.

It's not the fan upside down, it's the blade (upside down meaning the blade is flipped over, not rotated). When the blade is flipped the air flows in the other direction.

Is your fan on the front of the Radiator/condensor? and is it blowing into the engine bay? I'm not sure I am reading it right.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

FlyinEsiJul-18-05 10:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1766, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 10
Jul-18-05 10:51 AM by FlyinEsi

Basically, the pull fan is butted up against the FMIC as if it was butted up against the radiator...just a different location. Not that it needs to "suck" air out of the FMIC, but on the back end, it blows air into the A/C condenser.

Edit: I can draw a crappy MSPaint picture if it would help you all see it.

Diceman19Jul-18-05 01:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#1767, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 11

please draw the picture. i just want to see your mspaint skills. now go drive your car so you can tell us if it is fixed totally.

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-18-05 09:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1768, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by Diceman19
please draw the picture. i just want to see your mspaint skills.

seconded.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

FlyinEsiJul-19-05 04:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1769, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by Diceman19 please draw the picture. i just want to see your mspaint skills.
seconded.

haha, wait until lunch...MAD TYTE SKILLZ YO!

Oh yeah, 116*, I overheated again!!

BMPDirkJul-19-05 04:47 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
#1770, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by Diceman19 please draw the picture. i just want to see your mspaint skills.
seconded.
haha, wait until lunch...MAD TYTE SKILLZ YO! Oh yeah, 116*, I overheated again!!

what temp are you at when you are overheating?

FlyinEsiJul-19-05 09:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1771, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 15
Jul-19-05 09:26 AM by FlyinEsi

I'm at approx 210* regular and then I turn on the a/c and it just climbs and climbs until my check engine light comes on at 234*, I turn the a/c off and it drops back down to normal within a minute.

All4thaN0okieJul-19-05 10:44 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#1772, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 16

stop using your ac...wuss

jk man.. that really sucks..

L2RTSiAWDJul-19-05 10:45 AM
244 posts,
#1773, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by All4thaN0okie
stop using your ac...wuss jk man.. that really sucks..

Ya I don't have A/C, but then again I wish I did, then again I wish I didn't becaus I'd probably be haveing the same problem..lol

FlyinEsiJul-19-05 01:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1774, "RE: I'm not overheating!!!!"
In response to Reply # 18

Yay!! My car sucks!! But I'm close.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1755 Previous topic | Next topic