Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #156
View in linear mode

Subject: "GST no Torque?????" Previous topic | Next topic
1tymeGSTSep-06-06 02:57 AM
Member since Sep 01st 2006
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#156, "GST no Torque?????"

I've had my gst for bout 2 weeks now and still no torque and the acceleration feels like the acceleration from a gs/rs....maybe I'm expecting too much or maybe its just my car...

I thought gsts' was suppose to have madd torque and great acceleration so I want to know if any one here who owns a gst is experiencing the same thingI want to know if any one here who owns a gst is experiencing the same thing..... and or is it just cause i dont know how to drive a manual gst???? or is it cause i need mods *motor is completely stock*??

want some feedback...Thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: GST no Torque?????, 420a-Tnthewerks, Sep-06-06 05:46 PM, #1
RE: GST no Torque?????, eclipsekaiser, Sep-06-06 07:03 PM, #2
RE: GST no Torque?????, 1tymeGST, Sep-07-06 03:06 AM, #3
      RE: GST no Torque?????, Diceman19, Sep-07-06 06:44 AM, #4
           RE: GST no Torque?????, T_K, Sep-07-06 06:11 PM, #5
RE: GST no Torque?????, Remy, Sep-08-06 06:15 AM, #6
RE: GST no Torque?????, ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-08-06 09:08 AM, #7
      RE: GST no Torque?????, 1tymeGST, Sep-15-06 02:53 AM, #8
           RE: GST no Torque?????, 97eclipse97, Sep-17-06 07:22 AM, #9
                RE: GST no Torque?????, 1tymeGST, Sep-22-06 03:37 AM, #10

420a-TnthewerksSep-06-06 05:46 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#157, "RE: GST no Torque?????"
In response to Reply # 0

What did you have before to compare it to? Have you done/checked the regular maintenance parts?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipsekaiserSep-06-06 07:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#158, "RE: GST no Torque?????"
In response to Reply # 0

Boost leak??? Maintence issues? the GST shold be faster than a RS/GS.

-K-

1tymeGSTSep-07-06 03:06 AM
13 posts,
#159, "RE: GST no Torque?????"
In response to Reply # 2

how would i check for boost leak?

Diceman19Sep-07-06 06:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#160, "RE: GST no Torque?????"
In response to Reply # 3

http://vfaq.com

go there, read until your eyes bleed.

T_KSep-07-06 06:11 PM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
219 posts,
#161, "RE: GST no Torque?????"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Diceman19
http://vfaq.com go there, read until your eyes bleed.

and then some more

1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: balance shafts, cruise & AC removed; 16psi, Dejon intake & UICP, ported 14b, EVOIII mani, ported 2G O2 housing, 2.5" Buschur dp to 3" Thermal exhaust, datalogger, front strut brace, prothane motor mounts

1995 Eclipse RS U-Boot; Tokico Illuminas, GSX front brakes, ST front swaybar, short shifter, CAI with K&N filter, rear disks and swaybar, front upper and rear lower strut braces, beater exterior

RemySep-08-06 06:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#162, "RE: GST no Torque?????"
In response to Reply # 0

Are you sure the damn turbo is spooling??
Even a stock gst would feel 10x faster than a 2gnt.
Something is seriously wrong there.

----------------------------------------
GT35 and stuff.
Lucky Number 6 ...

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-08-06 09:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#163, "RE: GST no Torque?????"
In response to Reply # 6

Check for boost leaks, change your plugs and do a compression test. When you pull the plugs out, line them up and see if any look "different". If so, post a pic.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

1tymeGSTSep-15-06 02:53 AM
13 posts,
#164, "RE: GST no Torque?????"
In response to Reply # 7

I will do that eclipzGST, just got off work and i have the rest of the day off so ill get pics and post em up and THANKS for all the help so far

97eclipse97Sep-17-06 07:22 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#165, "RE: GST no Torque?????"
In response to Reply # 8

And for the record, stock turbos do not have "mad torque". And it could also be that you don't know how to drive (no offense). If you just try and romp on the throttle at a low rpm, don't expect much. But if you rev it up to like 4000 and drop the clutch, it should take off faster than any car you have driven (I'm guessing anyways). Also, the t-25 has no top end at all, so once the initial throw-back-in-the-seat is done, don't expect much. And if the car does not have any problems, and it is too slow for you, than yes, you do need more mods. But don't expect much out of the stock turbo. And research EVERYTHING before you buy anything! Plan out your whole setup, with the costs to make sure you can afford it. Post it up after you figure it out if you have questions, we can certainly help. I have just seen too many people waste money on aftermarket crap when they could have saved a bunch just by researching on what they are actually buying and what it will do for them. (For example, your first mod should not be a gt-42r, or even an aftermarket bov that doesn't recirculate) Hope this helps at all.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

1tymeGSTSep-22-06 03:37 AM
13 posts,
#166, "RE: GST no Torque?????"
In response to Reply # 9

none taken....lol I was thinking that myself and yea still researchin/reading everything i can get my eys on.... alot of really usefull info so far!

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #156 Previous topic | Next topic