Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1516
View in linear mode

Subject: "15psi 3rd gear boom-boom" Previous topic | Next topic
kelvinb1Sep-07-05 08:32 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1516, "15psi 3rd gear boom-boom"

**TESTING ON OPEN ROAD BY MYSELF***

35mph I did a 2nd gear pull till about 6500rpm and shifted, Everything is good. 47mph I did a 3rd gear pull, about 5500rpm my car went BOOM but doesnt die. Still running. Try 3rd again.... BOOM, but still running. Tried it one more time and POP again. I say fuck it and shift into 4th and go again and BOOM intercooler pipe blows off . The clamp flew off somewhere so I went home and called it a night. What I don't understand is why it was popping.

Fuel cut?
I rewired the pump with a relay awhile ago and it never did this before, even when it creeped to 20psi.

Pulling timing?
Supra SMIC so I don't think it is that.

Boost leak?
I just installed a new silicone hose but it is possible it was leaking since that is where the intercooler pipe popped off.

me=confused.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsSep-08-05 03:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1517, "RE: 15psi 3rd gear boom-boom"
In response to Reply # 0

I would suggest a datalogger.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Pitchblack98Sep-08-05 05:56 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#1518, "RE: 15psi 3rd gear boom-boom"
In response to Reply # 1

That sounds like intake backfire. The last one built up a little more pressure and blew off the intercooler pipe when it backfired again. Defintaly invest in a datalogger and find out whats going on.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1516 Previous topic | Next topic