Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13224
View in linear mode

Subject: "wtf" Previous topic | Next topic
WICK3D3CLIPS3Mar-11-12 10:27 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2012
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13224, "wtf"

I have a 95 gst. i just bought it from a girl who didnt kno what she had so i got it 4 a good price and it needed a clutch kit. the old kit was SHOT down 2 bare metal on the outside of clutches and the pressure plate was wore almost all the way through. the throw out barring came out in pieces. i put new clutches pressure plate and throwout barring and master cylender and have bleed the hell out of it. but yet i have 2 force it into every gear and it sometimes it grinds mostly only 1st and reverse but also while holding the clutch in the car will move unless your holding the brake. the only thing i can think of is maby its the slave cylender even though you can look at while someone is pushing the clutch and it seems 2 be operating fine. just wanted 2 c everyone elses oppions.

WICK3D3CLIPS3

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: wtf, Wes Tank, Mar-11-12 10:31 PM, #1
RE: wtf, WICK3D3CLIPS3, Mar-11-12 11:34 PM, #2
      RE: wtf, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-11-12 11:54 PM, #3
           RE: wtf, Dstach, Mar-12-12 12:25 AM, #4
           RE: wtf, WICK3D3CLIPS3, Mar-12-12 12:52 AM, #7
           RE: wtf, WICK3D3CLIPS3, Mar-12-12 12:33 AM, #5
                RE: wtf, Dstach, Mar-12-12 12:48 AM, #6
                     RE: wtf, WICK3D3CLIPS3, Mar-12-12 01:07 AM, #8
                          RE: wtf, Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-12-12 10:41 AM, #9
                               RE: wtf, Dstach, Mar-12-12 11:10 AM, #10
                                    RE: wtf, WICK3D3CLIPS3, Mar-12-12 11:29 PM, #11
                                         RE: wtf, Dstach, Mar-12-12 11:52 PM, #12

Wes TankMar-11-12 10:31 PM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
214 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13225, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by WICK3D3CLIPS3
I have a 95 gst. i just bought it from a girl who didnt kno what she had so i got it 4 a good price and it needed a clutch kit. the old kit was SHOT down 2 bare metal on the outside of clutches and the pressure plate was wore almost all the way through. the throw out barring came out in pieces. i put new clutches pressure plate and throwout barring and master cylender and have bleed the hell out of it. but yet i have 2 force it into every gear and it sometimes it grinds mostly only 1st and reverse but also while holding the clutch in the car will move unless your holding the brake. the only thing i can think of is maby its the slave cylender even though you can look at while someone is pushing the clutch and it seems 2 be operating fine. just wanted 2 c everyone elses oppions.

Did you have the flywheel machined? If so, you probably need to shim the clutch fork pivot ball.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WICK3D3CLIPS3Mar-11-12 11:34 PM
6 posts,
#13226, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 1

no i left the flywheel alone it had some stress cracks but it all still felt pretty smooth so i didnt botherwith it and noone around where i livecan do stuff like that. there might be one shop that can idk y i didnt think about it till now but he would probably charge out the ass. i will check on that in the mornin. idk what else it could be other than tha flywheel or the slave. well there is a little resivor the fluid goes through b4 it gets 2 the slave i heard it regulates the right ammount of pressure 2 get 2 the slave that may be fked up somehow but idk what its called or if i can even get another one its mounted 2 the tranny below the shift linkages.

WICK3D3CLIPS3

RoninEclipse2GMar-11-12 11:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#13227, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 2

First: please use real words. We don't tend to take too kindly to people that type like they just fell off the idiot bus. It makes us think that if you can't be bothered to properly write out a post, you probably can't be bothered to properly fix the car.

Second: you should NEVER put a flywheel with stress cracks back on a car. EVER. Are you trying to kill someone? That's what could happen. Eventually it will shatter and become a frag grenade in your engine bay that will tear through the car and potentially anyone in the car. No fucking joke.

Finally: that trans is probably toast. If the girl did that much damage to the clutch, she probably was grinding gears for a while. Drain the fluid. $5 says it sparkles like someone filled it with glitter.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

DstachMar-12-12 12:25 AM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
#13228, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 3

I agree with RoninEclipse2G. Stress cracks on a part whipping that fast is asking for death. Change that and check the fluid. May be simply syncros or she really knew what she had and couldn't wait to get rid of it haha.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

WICK3D3CLIPS3Mar-12-12 12:52 AM
6 posts,
#13231, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 4

No she had no clue. she just knew it was a gst and it was fast she said it's got a turbo on the front of it you can take that off and sell it for alot of money. I said no i want that. And im not saying the flywheel isn't the problem if you read above i said i think its either the flywheel or the slave cylender. The flywheel did have a few cracks in it but nothing major iv owned alot of manual transmission vehicles and iv never had a problem like this one iv put alot of clutch kit's in and converted from automatic to manual and never had a problem like this, And have seen worse cracks than this before and it never phased it, im picking up a new slave cylender tuesday and if that doesn't fix it i guess we will kno that wasn't the problem.

WICK3D3CLIPS3

WICK3D3CLIPS3Mar-12-12 12:33 AM
6 posts,
#13229, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 3

well first of all i did'nt know we were in school again and had to use perfect grammar i thought just maby people were'nt stupid and can read it. If you don't like how i type click the back button and dont comment.

Second it only had like two or three hair line cracks in it, did'nt figure it would be that big of a deal, and no the gear oil was fine, what idiot puts a transmission back in without changing the gear oil after they just got the car. And no it seems to be shifting fine other than first and reverse at times. I have to force it in sometimes but i think that's due to the whole clutch not wanting to work properly because when it's shut off if shift's fine also let's say it doesn't want to go into second if you pump the hell out of the clutch and try to put it in again it goes in smoother. Or if it doesn't want to go into first i can shut the car off it slides right into gear perfectly and works just fine. basicly its just like driving a car with the clutch kit going out. only it's all new except the slave and flywheel.

WICK3D3CLIPS3

DstachMar-12-12 12:48 AM
276 posts,
#13230, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 5

Talking like that can get a page locked. Does it move when you have the clutch pressed in and in gear? If so its not disengaging it all the way. Mine did that due to a leaky slave. Even one crack I would replace. Is your life worth more than it costs to replace it?

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

WICK3D3CLIPS3Mar-12-12 01:07 AM
6 posts,
#13232, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 6

like i said iv never had a problem with a flywheel like that im not saying anyone is wrong im just saying iv never had a problem with a few tiny cracks but yes it does move in gear but barley and my slave isn't leaking i just think it isn't working properly the boot is messed up pretty bad where the rod is. i put it back on to test out the transmission and i ordered a new slave. the parts stores say the slave is the same but there not i have three eclipse gs's one turboed it has around $20'000 in it the others stock and i also have one gst. the slaves are not the same. well they are but the bleeder valve is a lil diffrent maby they wont give me the wrong one.

WICK3D3CLIPS3

ModeratorbullettdsmMar-12-12 10:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#13233, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 8

What clutch did you put in? Was the flywheel stock?

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

DstachMar-12-12 11:10 AM
276 posts,
#13234, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 9

You shouldn't be moving with the clutch pressed. Sounds like something is installed wrong, wrong part or broken. I would look towards your fluid level and making sure it's all the correct parts. Put it on jack stands and see if the tires spin with it pressed it. It will a tiny bit, you will be able to tell if its wrong.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

WICK3D3CLIPS3Mar-12-12 11:29 PM
6 posts,
#13235, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 10

Well i put a new slave on it and bleed it forever and still nothing. i noticed the pedal had alot of play in it and i looked where the pedal hooks to the master cylender and it looked fine but was apearently out of adjustment i guess who ever put it on didnt kno what they was doing and just threw it in, i adjusted it out and tested it, its doind perfect no grinding no movement while clutch pressed perfect pressure behind the pedal, i adjusted it out a little to much i think about two or three turns back in and it will be perfect thanks for the advice everyone.

WICK3D3CLIPS3

DstachMar-12-12 11:52 PM
276 posts,
#13236, "RE: wtf"
In response to Reply # 11

Sweet! Easy fix.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13224 Previous topic | Next topic