Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13168
View in linear mode

Subject: "MegaSquirt Questions." Previous topic | Next topic
WishiwasfastAug-04-10 09:41 PM
Member since Aug 04th 2010
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13168, "MegaSquirt Questions."

So I've come to the concluion that I want a standalone ecu, and dont want to spend $1000+ for a used AEM.

I'm looking at the new MS3 with the MS3X board on the V3.57 mainboard.

I want to use the following add ons with that base.
- 4 bar duel map sensor.
- idle control
- Factory ecu connector (to make it a complete standalone)
- GM IAT
- Boost solenoid

Now one with questions...

- How is the idle control with the added circuit?

- What do I need for it to read the EGT, besides the sensor itself?

- Is this realistic?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-05-10 07:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13169, "RE: MegaSquirt Questions."
In response to Reply # 0

Can I ask why you don't want to use dsmlink?

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WishiwasfastAug-05-10 07:59 AM
Member since Aug 04th 2010
2 posts,
#13170, "RE: MegaSquirt Questions."
In response to Reply # 1

The cost. I have to buy a 95 EPROM ecu, then socket it, then buythe dsmlink. All thus about $800-900. Ms $400...

VelocitaPaolaAug-05-10 11:58 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#13171, "RE: MegaSquirt Questions."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Wishiwasfast- How is the idle control with the added circuit?

You're talking about the stepper motor IAC control, correct? If so, it works pretty well.

Originally posted by Wishiwasfast- What do I need for it to read the EGT, besides the sensor itself?

You need a specialized circuit to amplify the minuscule signal from the thermocouple. With the right parts, you can build one yourself or you can order an pre-built module. Google "megasquirt EGT interface" to find more information.

Originally posted by Wishiwasfast- Is this realistic?

Yes, but you should consider the cost. An MS3 ECU, plus the MS3X expansion board, costs quite a bit more than $400; more in the neighborhood of $600 to $700 for everything you mentioned. It's still cheaper and more versatile than DSMLink, but it's not quite as cheap as you expected.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13168 Previous topic | Next topic