Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13125
View in linear mode

Subject: "1 g N/T 90-93 Transmission swap help" Previous topic | Next topic
NExStreetRacerAug-05-09 04:07 AM
Member since Aug 05th 2009
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13125, "1 g N/T 90-93 Transmission swap help"

OK so I have a Black 1990 plymouth laser 2.0 N/T FWD - I blew the transmission up on that car the N/T 6 bolt motor has 85K on it. My first red laser came with a 93 N/T FWD, AND I just recently bought a 93 Plymouth laser N/T and that has a good transmission but blown motor. When haveing the tranmission out off my black car that I blew up the trannsmission in (Black laser 1990 2.0 N/T FWD Blown Transmission) and compared it next to the (RED Laser 1993 2.0 N/T FWD Transmission) The one shifter linkage (located on the trannsmission where shifter cables go) looks the same but the other one is smaller in length and the other one is noticabley longer would this affect the shifting?

So I am worryed that the diffrence in length will allter the shifting sequence?

I would like to get my black car running (the one that the tranny blew up in). But I guess if no one hasnt done this swap without issue (shifter linkage or shifter cable length) But my other option is to pull the N/T motor out of my black car to replace the blown motor in the green car and use that trannsmission without haveing to worry about swap problems then I would also have another extra trannsmission left for the green car (the one I wanted to swap into the N/T black car). 1 final question how hard would it be for me to use a turbo trannsmission form a 1900 eagle talon? I just need to get one of my cars running sorry I just bought 600 bucks in parts from extreampsi.com and cant wait to fix my car but I am geting held up by not knowing if this will creat a shifting probelm or are all NON TURBO 90-94 transsmissions transferable without any shifting problems?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

95GS2gAug-06-09 12:22 AM
Member since Aug 05th 2009
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13126, "RE: 1 g N/T 90-93 Transmission swap help"
In response to Reply # 0

The cables differ from 90 to 91+. As long as you use the 91+ cables with a 91+ shifter you will not have any problems at all. As well there is a mounting bracket on the top of the bell housing that is 90 or 91+.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Hult250RAug-06-09 08:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#13127, "RE: 1 g N/T 90-93 Transmission swap help"
In response to Reply # 1

Whatever transmission you put in the car use that years shifter cables, cable bracket on the tranny and also the shifter assembly out of the inside of the car.

90 is a bastard year, the tranny, cables, cable bracket on the tranny, and the shifter assembly in the car are different than the 91-94 years.

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

TguyApr-01-10 04:20 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2010
21 posts,
#13146, "RE: 1 g N/T 90-93 Transmission swap help"
In response to Reply # 0

make a bracket and call it a day for your shifiting problem. more likely you won't have them.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13125 Previous topic | Next topic