Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13043
View in threaded mode

Subject: "New 4g63?" Previous topic | Next topic
96BlckGSAug-12-06 01:57 PM
Member since Nov 01st 2005
71 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13043, "New 4g63?"

Hey guys, im not sure if this has been talked about or not but i was just curious, i saw a brochure for the new EVO 9, and i saw the motor and it was the 4g63 but all the pulleys were on the left, same as our cars and the transmission was on the right, same as ours, im not sure if this has been talked about so i thought id bring it up. Dont worry i kno all about the 4g63 and the all the write ups about a swap, its just ive never seen this type before with all the pullys and transmission on the same sides as ours, was just curious if this would make a swap any easier. and dont worry ive turbo'd my car and love it and i wouldnt do the swap anyways. just curious as to if this has been talked about or not, thank guys

1996 Black Eclipse GS
STAR Stage 2 Turbo With custom equal length manifold and full 3 inch turbo back exhaust
8psi- 9.61- 1/8th mile
14.4- 1/4 mile
MS Powered

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
drhess06259Aug-12-06 02:20 PM
Member since Apr 08th 2006
133 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13044, "RE: New 4g63?"
In response to Reply # 0

well that is one beautiful piece of metal, and no i haven't heard any talk about this enginge in our cars but i would think that it may make it easier to swap but still don't think that it would be worth doin the swap, but still a nice piece or metal lol.

97 wide body with 1g turbo setup

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96BlckGSAug-12-06 05:23 PM
Member since Nov 01st 2005
71 posts,
#13045, "RE: New 4g63?"
In response to Reply # 1

i kno its gorgeous lol, ive just never seen the 4g63 look like this, ive always known it to be reverse from ours and where the pulleys r on the right and tranny is on the left, and was just curious if this could be an easy swap in an out depending on motor mounts and stuff, any input would be great guys

1996 Black Eclipse GS
STAR Stage 2 Turbo With custom equal length manifold and full 3 inch turbo back exhaust
8psi- 9.61- 1/8th mile
14.4- 1/4 mile
MS Powered

techboyAug-12-06 06:32 PM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#13046, "RE: New 4g63?"
In response to Reply # 2

The pulleys have been on that side since the Evo came to the US. Find someone who owns one and pop the hood.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

eclipsekaiserAug-12-06 08:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#13047, "RE: New 4g63?"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-12-06 08:27 PM by eclipsekaiser

Originally posted by 96BlckGS
Hey guys, im not sure if this has been talked about or not but i was just curious, i saw a brochure for the new EVO 9, and i saw the motor and it was the 4g63 but all the pulleys were on the left, same as our cars and the transmission was on the right, same as ours, im not sure if this has been talked about so i thought id bring it up. Dont worry i kno all about the 4g63 and the all the write ups about a swap, its just ive never seen this type before with all the pullys and transmission on the same sides as ours, was just curious if this would make a swap any easier. and dont worry ive turbo'd my car and love it and i wouldnt do the swap anyways. just curious as to if this has been talked about or not, thank guys

Welcome to 3 models ago...Technically 4 if you count the 6.5 as a different model.

The pullys has been on that side since EVO 6. I'm sure you are aware of that seeing how you know all about the 4g63.

-K-

thedawgAug-12-06 10:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#13048, "RE: New 4g63?"
In response to Reply # 4

"Does it drop right into a 2GNT?!" ...in 5... 4... 3... 2...

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-12-06 10:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#13049, "RE: New 4g63?"
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-12-06 10:50 PM by eclipzGST

Originally posted by thedawg
"Does it drop right into a 2GNT?!" ...in 5... 4... 3... 2...

no.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

donnyb373Aug-13-06 03:12 AM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
#13050, "RE: New 4g63?"
In response to Reply # 6

it sure would be alot easyer that the 2g 4g63 version, still wouldnt be worth it tho

Silv BltAug-13-06 06:50 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2004
176 posts,
#13051, "RE: New 4g63?"
In response to Reply # 7

Might make it a tad easier, but it'd end up being twice the price. Ever see what one of those motors goes for? For the price you could just buy a GS-T. So easier, probably. Worthwile...still a flat no.

She's been sold My best friend bought her though, so she's still in good hands.

Daily driver: 1993 Nissan Altima
Rocketship: 1985 Honda VF1100S
Project car: 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

BDTalonAug-13-06 01:15 PM
Member since Jun 08th 2005
153 posts,
#13052, "RE: New 4g63?"
In response to Reply # 8

DOES IT DROP RIGHT IN TO A 2gNT ?!?!?!?!!!!!111

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
AAHHHHHH it's the Bomex table top and bench deluxe! Get the holy wrench we need to purify..

cougar694uAug-14-06 05:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#13053, "RE: New 4g63?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by BDTalon
DOES IT DROP RIGHT IN TO A 2gNT ?!?!?!?!!!!!111

Sure, but it might mess up the paint when it's dropped, and make sure the sun roof's open, maybe it'll squeeze through.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13043 Previous topic | Next topic