Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12790
View in linear mode

Subject: "T-belt problems !!!!! HELP" Previous topic | Next topic
1BAD90GSSep-15-03 06:54 PM
Member since Sep 02nd 2003
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12790, "T-belt problems !!!!! HELP"

Hi my car had been overheating and I found out that the waterpump seals were bad. So I started taking everything out I got to this part were I needed to take of the T-belt tensioner to get to this bolt that was on the waterpump so I took it out and I soon as I losen it the camshaft pulleys moved forward but I marked the belt before this happened. The marks didnt match the ones on the t-belt and i notice that the camshaft pulleys both lined up in the top dead center they have this mark that comes with it. Now my question is will this be a problem when i put everything back? any info will be greatly appreciated

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsSep-16-03 07:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12791, "RE: T-belt problems !!!!! HELP"
In response to Reply # 0

Is it a 2.0L engine? If so, you can just align the cams again and follow the directions at www.vfaq.com to reinstall the timing belt.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12790 Previous topic | Next topic