Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1264
View in linear mode

Subject: "Best FMIC & keep fog lights" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiOct-10-05 05:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1264, "Best FMIC & keep fog lights"

I'm looking at getting a new FMIC, I really like the agpturbo.com fmic, but that fugger is huge!! What is the best FMIC I can get, but still keep my foglights intact???

Thanks,

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, slowmitsu, Oct-10-05 05:37 AM, #1
RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, FlyinEsi, Oct-10-05 06:46 AM, #2
RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, BigBald, Oct-10-05 06:50 AM, #3
      RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, jsupetran, Oct-10-05 07:42 AM, #4
           RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, BigBald, Oct-10-05 08:43 AM, #5
                RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, FlyinEsi, Oct-10-05 01:39 PM, #6
                     RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, 95 Mitsu, Oct-10-05 01:58 PM, #7
                          RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, BigBald, Oct-10-05 03:14 PM, #8
                               RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, 95 Mitsu, Oct-10-05 04:39 PM, #9
                                    RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, jsupetran, Oct-10-05 04:43 PM, #10
                                         RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, RST95eclipse, Oct-10-05 04:58 PM, #11
                                              RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-10-05 05:13 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, BigBald, Oct-10-05 06:07 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, destruckeclipse, Oct-10-05 07:48 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-10-05 08:27 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, BMPDirk, Oct-11-05 11:47 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, FlyinEsi, Oct-12-05 09:09 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, BigBald, Oct-12-05 10:25 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, FlyinEsi, Oct-13-05 03:46 AM, #19
                                                                                      RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, destruckeclipse, Oct-13-05 04:18 AM, #20
                                                                                      RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights, slowmitsu, Oct-14-05 08:19 AM, #21

slowmitsuOct-10-05 05:37 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1265, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 0

Why are you getting rid of the one you have now? Been watching your intake temps?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiOct-10-05 06:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1266, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by slowmitsu
Why are you getting rid of the one you have now? Been watching your intake temps?

intake temps and coolant temps.

BigBaldOct-10-05 06:50 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#1267, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 1

Greddy sucks and will definately suck for the turbo he has. Foglights are overated.

There is someone on the DSMLink forums selling AMS 2g FMIC kit for 600. It includes the Flange for a Tial BOV and all the couplers. AMS is 1200 new so that is a steal. Not sure about the Foglights, but i don't think it really should matter. I thin you can keep them tho...

Link to AMS FMIC
http://www.automotosports.com/dsm_intercooler_2g.asp

Link to For Sale ad:
http://www.dsmlink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6105

I would jump on this dan. for what you can get for that Greddy, you will come out of pocket next to nothing for one of the best 2g FMICs out there.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

jsupetranOct-10-05 07:42 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#1268, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 3

The HAHN fmic let you keep the fogs. It actually says in the install manual that you have to get rid of the foglights, but if you modify the install slightly, then it allows you to keep the foglights. Thats what I have with my eclipse, and remember, they use the same fmic except that it is flipped.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

BigBaldOct-10-05 08:43 AM
2715 posts,
#1269, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 4

Hahn does make a really good FMIC. The only problem is the length of the piping and its size. It utilizes the stock location and you would have to come up with your own Upper pipes.

FlyinEsiOct-10-05 01:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1270, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 5
Oct-10-05 01:40 PM by FlyinEsi

Jerrome, you are right, fog lights are overrated, I just dont' want my car to go tooo far out of stock looking and taking away the lights to throw this behind it

I just don't want to roll down the road having everybody know I must have something huge under the hood. I can have a small FMIC for a small turbo, but if I need an FMIC that big, everyone is going to know why... just want to be as sleeper as possible.

95 MitsuOct-10-05 01:58 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
767 posts,
#1271, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 6

Dude the one you have now isn't small. You're going to go from big to bigger, whats it matter?

BigBaldOct-10-05 03:14 PM
2715 posts,
#1272, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by 95 Mitsu
Dude the one you have now isn't small. You're going to go from big to bigger, whats it matter?

The Coolings capabilites is the issue with the Greddy. Bar and PLate will cool alot more efficiently then Tub and Fin all the time. He needs a bar and plate intercooler. Then add to it the long Greddy Piping.

95 MitsuOct-10-05 04:39 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
767 posts,
#1273, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 8
Oct-10-05 04:40 PM by 95 Mitsu

Well I dont know much about that. I was just talking about how he said he's trying to stay "sleeper" by not wanting to go with a huge IC... I was just saying that the one he has now isn't very sleeper-like, may as well get the huge one.

jsupetranOct-10-05 04:43 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#1274, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 9
Oct-10-05 04:48 PM by jsupetran

Originally posted by 95 Mitsu
Well I dont know much about that. I was just talking about how he said he's trying to stay "sleeper" by not wanting to go with a huge IC... I was just saying that the one he has now isn't very sleeper-like, may as well get the huge one.

Hmmm, at least where I am from, FMIC scream, HEY LOOK AT ME!!!!!!! Especially if it is not stock! All though I guess I can understand where you are coming from if the intercooler is super huge like the pic above. Maybe, I'm just guessing but the DSM crowd would think that you may have a huge turbo with a huge fmic, however, when I look at a EVO or an SRT4, I expect it, but I drool at any car with an aftermarket FMIC. You can always paint the piping to much your stock paint, or black.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

RST95eclipseOct-10-05 04:58 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#1275, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 10

Anodize or powdercoat whatever you get black. Add an IC sprayer infront for it to look exactly like the tranny coolant line (from what I remember....vaguely).

Theory: Couldn't you just drill some new holes and relocate those foglights? A few inches should give you some clearance. If your piping or massive IC is in the way, then attach foglights to front clip, install clip, and hook up wires.

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-10-05 05:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1276, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 11

There is no way to have a FMIC and look like a "sleeper". Even a smaller one sticks out like a sore thumb.
My ADFX kit is big but is short route so you could keep the foglights. The drivers side would be a tight fit but the other side is wide open. I think they even mentioned being able to keep the stock fogs in the product description on their site. I took mine out though. I'm eventually going to make a duct from the 2 holes on the passenger side to direct air through my tranny cooler which is in the stock SMIC location. I was going to do it this summer but my quad kept calling me...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

BigBaldOct-10-05 06:07 PM
2715 posts,
#1277, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 12

this is the FMIC he is selling....yes this is his car.

destruckeclipseOct-10-05 07:48 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#1278, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 13

Paint it black is all I can say. I have a 95 bumper with a greddy small fmic and that bitch is still a sore thumb. I like it, but the coppers be eyeballin it when I go past them at lights.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-10-05 08:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1279, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 14
Oct-10-05 08:40 PM by eclipzGST

Originally posted by destruckeclipse
Paint it black is all I can say. I have a 95 bumper with a greddy small fmic and that bitch is still a sore thumb. I like it, but the coppers be eyeballin it when I go past them at lights.

Rev on them see if they want to run.

edit: here's a pic of my ADFX kit. You can see a little of the inlet pipe in the foglight spot but I think I could manuever it around to make room. I sold my foglights long ago though...

editx2: I need a new sig! I need to see what else I have around here... I like that one though. Maybe I'll shrink it a little.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

BMPDirkOct-11-05 11:47 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
#1280, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 15

I have the HRC FMIC and love it. It fits perfect with the fog lights, easy to mount, and is bar/plate. I could send you some pics with the bumper on and off, let me know.

FlyinEsiOct-12-05 09:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1281, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 16

sure dude.

ernestdan@hotmail.com

Only problem with the HRC one is...I don't have a discount at HRC. I am getting the AGP FMIC for $800 with piping, BOV flange, and powdercoated.

BigBaldOct-12-05 10:25 AM
2715 posts,
#1282, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 17

AGP is similar to the SBR one...its a good FMIC.

FlyinEsiOct-13-05 03:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1283, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 18

AGP Intercooler ordered. Bye Bye foglights! Oh well, I already have a plan to make them look like they are still there.

destruckeclipseOct-13-05 04:18 AM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#1284, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 19

I'll buy your foglights.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

slowmitsuOct-14-05 08:19 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#1285, "RE: Best FMIC & keep fog lights"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
AGP Intercooler ordered. Bye Bye foglights! Oh well, I already have a plan to make them look like they are still there.

Good deal.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1264 Previous topic | Next topic