Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12368
View in linear mode

Subject: "coolant leak in Talon" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-05-03 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12368, "coolant leak in Talon"

I'm starting to wonder about it... I noticed a puddle underneath the car after driving a few weeks ago (looked like from overflow as well as from bottom right corner of radiator) So I parked it and drove the eclipse.
I got a replacement radiator today so I went down there to top it off and drive it around the house to swap rad's. The overflow was empty but there was still coolant at the top by thermostat. So I left it running in the driveway for about a 1/2 hour and went to go check for a puddle. Nothing. Then I took the cap off the overflow and noticed it was just about to the top. Put the cover back on and then it started leaking from the same spots. Left side by overflow and trickling down from bottom right corner of radiator.
Could all the coolant be coming from JUST the overflow tube and running over to the right side and down the radiator?
The thing that makes me wonder is the last time it leaked, the radiator was full and it was just the overflow that was empty.
s I guess I'll have to swap radiators and see if it still does the same thing. Or I could put a longer tube on the overflow and see if thats the ONLY place it comes from.
Anyone know anything about this? I'm also wondering if there is another problem causing the coolant to be "pushed" from the overflow...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-05-03 04:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12369, "RE: coolant leak in Talon"
In response to Reply # 0

picked up a new thermostat. I'm gonna try that since I have some other issues with temp. When I drive, temps go up. When I stop, temps go down. Should be the other way around. s

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Diceman19Dec-05-03 05:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#12370, "RE: coolant leak in Talon"
In response to Reply # 1

i would give you some advice, but i dont know crap about your problem. sorry.

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-05-03 07:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#12371, "RE: coolant leak in Talon"
In response to Reply # 2

ok. Maybe next time.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12368 Previous topic | Next topic