Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #120
View in linear mode

Subject: "what is this?" Previous topic | Next topic
91_Talon_TSIOct-14-06 03:16 PM
Member since Oct 14th 2006
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120, "what is this?"

I went and looked at this 91 talon turbo and the car seemed ok.
anyway,i saw a wiring harness dangling behind the battery with its plastic piece still wrapped around it.On the end near the battery was a clip to plug into something.I traced the wires(2 of them,red and black) over the part i have circled in yellow.the wiries cannot be seen but I made them yellow also.Looks like something was removed from that position and it had vac lines attached to it maybe.The other part on the left is still there.
what is it?have anything to do with possibly the alt overcharging?he said it was overcharging but I am not so sure after I saw the belt was gone and the battery was dead..lol

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

synthetekOct-16-06 06:00 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2004
73 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121, "RE: what is this?"
In response to Reply # 0

Fuel pressure solenoid?

99 GSX: 16g, Injen Intake, Greddy FMIC, RRE Down pipe, RRE UICP & LICP,
3" Test Pipe, 3" Apexi Cat Back, Greddy Type S BOV, Greddy Profec B,
Fluidyne Radiator, K&N Air Filter. Walbro 190 Rewired, Eibach Prokits, Tokico Illuminas.
ARP Head Studs, Adjustable Cam Gears, Energy Motor Mounts, B&M Shifter + Symborski Kit, DSMLinkl

Parts Not Installed Yet : EVO VIII 560cc Injectors, Fidanza Flywheel, XTD Stage 3 Clutch

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

91_Talon_TSIOct-21-06 03:08 AM
Member since Oct 14th 2006
2 posts,
#122, "RE: what is this?"
In response to Reply # 1

thanks for all of the help,I was overwhelmed at the response but after tracking down online manuals and wasting nearly a week,it is the egr solenoid.And sine we have no emissions in alabama,I don't need it.

slowmitsuOct-21-06 07:21 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#123, "RE: what is this?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 91_Talon_TSI
thanks for all of the help,I was overwhelmed at the response but after tracking down online manuals and wasting nearly a week,it is the egr solenoid.And sine we have no emissions in alabama,I don't need it.

So you're posting in a low traffic subforum on a site that specializes in a completely different motor and get butthurt because you failed to get a response? Just making sure I got this right.

_______

BPU'd skittle

420a-TnthewerksOct-21-06 10:36 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#124, "RE: what is this?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 91_Talon_TSI

Wooow you did research on your own?? I for one have never owned a 1g so I couldn't help you, the 2g's is in the middle and doesn't look the same. But I went and did some research(omg) for all the 2g emissions to remove it all and just finished that last week. Now if you want a diagram on what all you can remove from the 1g let me know and I'll give you a link.

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-21-06 11:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#125, "RE: what is this?"
In response to Reply # 4

I've seen stuff like that go unanswered for WEEKS! At least you figured it out...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #120 Previous topic | Next topic