Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11364
View in linear mode

Subject: "16G with stock Injectors and Fuel pump???" Previous topic | Next topic
Hult250RApr-11-04 06:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11364, "16G with stock Injectors and Fuel pump???"

For those of you that didnt read my other post. Im getting a "small" 16G not the Big or Super. (itll be here in 2 days according to UPS)

Would it be safe to run it on stock injectors and fuel pump until I can rob a bank and get an AFC, fuel pump, FMIC and injectors? (Fuel pump will come in the next month or so)
Ive got an EGT, and my Apexi TT reads 02 voltage so I can kinda keep an eye on things.
What boost levels would be ok for the stock setup?

Go easy on me guys... No flames lol (If ur nice Ill hook ya up when I rob the bank)

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Mattcky2kApr-11-04 07:04 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11365, "RE: 16G with stock Injectors and Fuel pump???"
In response to Reply # 0

one thing to take into consideration is what octane of fuel your running. if your using 93-94 then you sould be able to get away with a higher boost level and by high i mean like 8-9psi. but lower octane like 91 will be even less. but an upgraded fuel pump alone should let you boost to around 15-18psi pretty safe. just as long as you keep an eye on the EGT's you sould be fine. correct me if i'm wrong on any of these guys but that's what i've always been told and read.

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Hult250RApr-11-04 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#11366, "RE: 16G with stock Injectors and Fuel pump???"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Mattcky2k
one thing to take into consideration is what octane of fuel your running. if your using 93-94 then you sould be able to get away with a higher boost level and by high i mean like 8-9psi. but lower octane like 91 will be even less. but an upgraded fuel pump alone should let you boost to around 15-18psi pretty safe. just as long as you keep an eye on the EGT's you sould be fine. correct me if i'm wrong on any of these guys but that's what i've always been told and read.

I always run 93 octane so thats no prob.
So with just a fuel pump and stock injectors i should be good to around 15psi? Anyone wanna comment to that??

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque

Vandy420aApr-11-04 04:31 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#11367, "RE: 16G with stock Injectors and Fuel pump???"
In response to Reply # 2

I wouldn't go past 12 psi with stock injectors and no front mount...also depends on which FP.. 255 non high pressure i'm assuming..SO if 12 is your max, i'd keep it at 8-10 psi if possible (may not be with the 16g wastegate)

its better to be "safe" for 2 months then spend your intercooler money on an engine rebuild...

Vandy

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Hult250RApr-11-04 04:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#11368, "RE: 16G with stock Injectors and Fuel pump???"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Vandy420a
I wouldn't go past 12 psi with stock injectors and no front mount...also depends on which FP.. 255 non high pressure i'm assuming..SO if 12 is your max, i'd keep it at 8-10 psi if possible (may not be with the 16g wastegate) its better to be "safe" for 2 months then spend your intercooler money on an engine rebuild... Vandy

another thing, will the 255 non non-high pressure over run the stock FPR?
Ive got a starion FMIC sitting here, is it much better than the stock SMIC or should i go with a different FMIC?

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11364 Previous topic | Next topic