Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10568
View in linear mode

Subject: "02 meter and cat-back question?" Previous topic | Next topic
Mattcky2kJun-12-04 09:47 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10568, "02 meter and cat-back question?"

I think i've decided on getting the N1 but i was wondering if it came with a place to put the 02 meter? and if i get a DP with no cat will it throw a CEL? or would i be better off just getting a HF cat? i just really wanna know what the best exhaust setup is without having the CEL come one?

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?, Vandy420a, Jun-12-04 10:33 AM, #1
RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?, Hult250R, Jun-12-04 10:40 AM, #2
      RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-12-04 11:38 AM, #3
           RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?, Mattcky2k, Jun-13-04 03:34 AM, #4
                RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-13-04 05:31 AM, #5
                     RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?, Mattcky2k, Jun-13-04 05:56 AM, #6
                          RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?, TeamJeff_99gs, Jun-13-04 05:58 AM, #7

Vandy420aJun-12-04 10:33 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10569, "RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?"
In response to Reply # 0

the catback alone won't give you a CEL, neither will the downpipe--not sure about the testpipe though, I have one sitting here in my room though

A high flow cat will still throw a CEL I think, not sure about that one though...most HFCats are just resonators I think, i'm pretty sure they do next to nothing for emissions

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Hult250RJun-12-04 10:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#10570, "RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?"
In response to Reply # 1

The catback has a place to put the 02 sensor in it.
Im not sure about the 2G but I know the Apexi 1G Downpipe replaces the stock dp AND the cat. so there isnt a place to put the High Flow cat on with it.
Im pretty sure with the 2G turbos you can wire a resistor on the o2 wiring harness so you wont get a CEL. I know you can with a 2gnt, I had one on mine. Search around here. I know theres like 9878534 posts about putting the reisitor on.

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-12-04 11:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#10571, "RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?"
In response to Reply # 2

Don't even screw in the rear o2 if you have test pipe or high flow cat. Plug the bung and wire up the o2 sensor.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Mattcky2kJun-13-04 03:34 AM
1135 posts,
#10572, "RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?"
In response to Reply # 3

ok well my next question is if i put on a "test pipe" will i run rich? i'm stil on stock turbo, fuel and everything and my mods are in my sig

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-13-04 05:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#10573, "RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?"
In response to Reply # 4

Fuel curve won't be affected by test pipe. The first o2 sensor is the one that reports rich/lean spots.
The REAR o2 sensor is for emissions ONLY and really does nothing but trigger a CE light if it thinks the cat isn't working correctly.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Mattcky2kJun-13-04 05:56 AM
1135 posts,
#10574, "RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?"
In response to Reply # 5

ok i see. i was searching for this on tuners and everyone was saying that you run really rich and at times causes backfiring. but they were also talking about wanting to remove there cat and not wanting to get bad gas mileage?

TeamJeff_99gsJun-13-04 05:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#10575, "RE: 02 meter and cat-back question?"
In response to Reply # 6

Tony is a smart dude

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10568 Previous topic | Next topic