Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7201
View in linear mode

Subject: "lifter tick??" Previous topic | Next topic
1tymeGSTSep-01-06 06:54 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2006
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7201, "lifter tick??"

Ok, heres the deal i just recently bought a GST the lifter tick is getting prtty loud now and its annoying the f@#%$k outta me.... my question is do i have to just replace the camshafts in order to eliminate this or is there any other way?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: lifter tick??, TeamDR1665, Sep-01-06 07:16 PM, #1
RE: lifter tick??, ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-01-06 09:07 PM, #2
      RE: lifter tick??, Hult250R, Sep-04-06 06:43 AM, #3
           RE: lifter tick??, 1tymeGST, Sep-06-06 03:00 AM, #4
                RE: lifter tick??, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-06-06 06:55 PM, #5
                     RE: lifter tick??, 1tymeGST, Sep-07-06 03:19 AM, #6
                     RE: lifter tick??, TKI, Sep-09-06 06:25 PM, #7
                     RE: lifter tick??, 97eclipse97, Sep-18-06 12:02 PM, #8

TeamDR1665Sep-01-06 07:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7202, "RE: lifter tick??"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-01-06 07:17 PM by DR1665

members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/answers-problems.htm#myengineticks

Welcome to 2GNT. The above link has been online for seven years, now. Poke around the members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/ for a bit. You might also be interested in these links:

http://www.vfaq.net/DSM/mods/10faq.html
http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-01-06 09:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#7203, "RE: lifter tick??"
In response to Reply # 1

2 things you can do:
Permanent fix: revised 3g lifters
Temp fix: Dump a can of engine restore. It's in a silver can and available at most auto parts stores.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Hult250RSep-04-06 06:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#7204, "RE: lifter tick??"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Temp fix: Dump a can of engine restore. It's in a silver can and available at most auto parts stores.

sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.
Buy the 3G lifters and be done with it.
I tried the engine restore in my car and it did nothing.

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

1tymeGSTSep-06-06 03:00 AM
13 posts,
#7205, "RE: lifter tick??"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks all for the advice..will definately try it

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-06-06 06:55 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#7206, "RE: lifter tick??"
In response to Reply # 4

One other thing to try. Factory Mitsu oil filter. the ChicagoDSm guys swear by it. Aftermarket filters seem to produce lifter tick where the dealer ones have a better flow or something.

Seriously I am not pulling your chain here.

Terry

1tymeGSTSep-07-06 03:19 AM
13 posts,
#7207, "RE: lifter tick??"
In response to Reply # 5

thanks

TKISep-09-06 06:25 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
#7208, "RE: lifter tick??"
In response to Reply # 6

You can also try Seafoam stuff from Advance Auto. It does really well at it. I have a 1g GST too. It helps!

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

97eclipse97Sep-18-06 12:02 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#7209, "RE: lifter tick??"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
One other thing to try. Factory Mitsu oil filter. the ChicagoDSm guys swear by it. Aftermarket filters seem to produce lifter tick where the dealer ones have a better flow or something. Seriously I am not pulling your chain here. Terry

Agreed. I only run Mitsu filters (specifically the 'big' one, pn ending in 116. I usually get free ones with big orders.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7201 Previous topic | Next topic