Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8752
View in linear mode

Subject: "2g Intake question" Previous topic | Next topic
cool_g_83Apr-13-05 08:52 PM
Member since Apr 27th 2002
478 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8752, "2g Intake question"

I've recently been in the market for an intake for my 99 gs-t and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. As of now i am still on my t-25 and probably will be for a while ( im going to try to milk all i can from it ) and if i ever do change it wont be for a LONG time down the road.

I found this ExtremePsi intake and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. What i was wondering about that particular intake was the filter quality .

I have also heard good things about DejonTools's intake, but i dont know which one applies to me . Also if any of you have had outstanding experience with an intake i have not mentioned, please give me some feedback on it.

BTW: I am eventually going to get a Greddy Type-S BOV recirculated if that factors into this.

Greg
'99 Black GS-T MT

Defi D-Series Boost Gauge, ExtremePsi Intake, Greddy Type-S BOV, Hallman Evolution MBC ... 3" Thermal R&D Exhaust soon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2g Intake question, Vandy420a, Apr-14-05 01:34 AM, #1
RE: 2g Intake question, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-14-05 07:02 AM, #2
      RE: 2g Intake question, Vandy420a, Apr-14-05 07:14 AM, #3
      RE: 2g Intake question, cool_g_83, Apr-14-05 09:57 PM, #4
           RE: 2g Intake question, eclipsekaiser, Apr-15-05 06:09 PM, #5
                RE: 2g Intake question, Remy, Apr-15-05 07:15 PM, #6
                     RE: 2g Intake question, eclipsekaiser, Apr-15-05 09:58 PM, #7
                          RE: 2g Intake question, Remy, Apr-16-05 01:33 AM, #8
                               RE: 2g Intake question, eclipsekaiser, Apr-16-05 05:10 AM, #9
                                    RE: 2g Intake question, PowerEclipses, Apr-16-05 07:46 AM, #10
                                         RE: 2g Intake question, Remy, Apr-16-05 10:20 AM, #11

Vandy420aApr-14-05 01:34 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8753, "RE: 2g Intake question"
In response to Reply # 0

to be honest, you really dont' need a hard intake pipe with a T-25. If/When you upgrade turbos, you *may* have fitment issues.

www.vfaq.com is a great source

Personally, I would go with the tried and true K&N filter. Then get a Hard UIP flanged for a Type-S. My K&N has had 2+years of HARD use and it still looks/works great!

On a side note, If I could do it again I'd buy a 1g BOV and crush it--believe it or not its alot higher quality than the typeS. The type S has a tendancy to strip out the threds on the adjusting screw, which is a total PITA. It also is a bit leaky. From my own personal experience I don't recommend many Greddy products...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-14-05 07:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#8754, "RE: 2g Intake question"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm still using my stock intake snorkel. Just get the K&N FIPK. Actually, I think I may still have an adapter kicking round here that will allow you to bolt a cone filter onto the 2G MAF. Then all's you'd need is the filter part.
Lemme see if I still got it...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Vandy420aApr-14-05 07:14 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#8755, "RE: 2g Intake question"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-14-05 07:14 AM by Vandy420a

Originally posted by eclipzGST
I'm still using my stock intake snorkel.

evo 16g here---it works great--also convenient for coolant hose routing, etc. because it can be moved around when working down there.

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

cool_g_83Apr-14-05 09:57 PM
Member since Apr 27th 2002
478 posts,
#8756, "RE: 2g Intake question"
In response to Reply # 2

Sweet man, let me know what you got!

Greg
'99 Black GS-T MT

Defi D-Series Boost Gauge, ExtremePsi Intake, Greddy Type-S BOV, Hallman Evolution MBC ... 3" Thermal R&D Exhaust soon

eclipsekaiserApr-15-05 06:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#8757, "RE: 2g Intake question"
In response to Reply # 4

I agree the Hard pipe intake conversion on the T-25 is a waste of time, unless your future mod is restricted to the T-28 upgrade.

JUst remove the internal snorkel, replace UPIC, and slap on a new K& N/BOV (1g/type-S)

-K-

RemyApr-15-05 07:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#8758, "RE: 2g Intake question"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by eclipsekaiser
I agree the Hard pipe intake conversion on the T-25 is a waste of time, unless your future mod is restricted to the T-28 upgrade. JUst remove the internal snorkel, replace UPIC, and slap on a new K& N/BOV (1g/type-S)

Oh so he can only use the intake on a t-25 and t-28 ? lmao.

Yes upgrade to a hard pipe. Yes you can use it on other turbos. It can be used on 14b, 16g, 20g, and t28. Wont get much if any gains from doing it besides the turbo spooling a bit louder.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

eclipsekaiserApr-15-05 09:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#8759, "RE: 2g Intake question"
In response to Reply # 6
Apr-15-05 10:04 PM by eclipsekaiser

Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by eclipsekaiser I agree the Hard pipe intake conversion on the T-25 is a waste of time, unless your future mod is restricted to the T-28 upgrade. JUst remove the internal snorkel, replace UPIC, and slap on a new K& N/BOV (1g/type-S)
Oh so he can only use the intake on a t-25 and t-28 ? lmao. Yes upgrade to a hard pipe. Yes you can use it on other turbos. It can be used on 14b, 16g, 20g, and t28. Wont get much if any gains from doing it besides the turbo spooling a bit louder. WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

I was refering to how the intake narrows down to approx 2", the exact size of a T25/T28. Not worth it to purchase a 200$ Injen unit if you have the intention to upgrade to somethign bigger.

I wouldn't use the same intake on a 16g/20g unit. It would be counter productive.

hence he shoudl just hack off the internal snorkel and run with it until time to upgrade. I wish I had done so with my Spyder. The Injen on it was a waste IMO.

-K-

RemyApr-16-05 01:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#8760, "RE: 2g Intake question"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by eclipsekaiser I agree the Hard pipe intake conversion on the T-25 is a waste of time, unless your future mod is restricted to the T-28 upgrade. JUst remove the internal snorkel, replace UPIC, and slap on a new K& N/BOV (1g/type-S)
Oh so he can only use the intake on a t-25 and t-28 ? lmao. Yes upgrade to a hard pipe. Yes you can use it on other turbos. It can be used on 14b, 16g, 20g, and t28. Wont get much if any gains from doing it besides the turbo spooling a bit louder. WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
I was refering to how the intake narrows down to approx 2", the exact size of a T25/T28. Not worth it to purchase a 200$ Injen unit if you have the intention to upgrade to somethign bigger. I wouldn't use the same intake on a 16g/20g unit. It would be counter productive. hence he shoudl just hack off the internal snorkel and run with it until time to upgrade. I wish I had done so with my Spyder. The Injen on it was a waste IMO.

Counter productive ? 16g, tdo5 20g are all the same size.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

eclipsekaiserApr-16-05 05:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#8761, "RE: 2g Intake question"
In response to Reply # 8
Apr-16-05 05:13 AM by eclipsekaiser

Remy, you need to read more carefully and think things through before responding.

I know they are in the same family of turbos, and hence I grouped them together.

-K-

PowerEclipsesApr-16-05 07:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#8762, "RE: 2g Intake question"
In response to Reply # 9

Remy, you need to read more carefully and think things through before responding. I know they are in the same family of turbos, and hence I grouped them together.

Im sorry kaiser, but even I dont know what your talking about here... lol lets just drop it.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

RemyApr-16-05 10:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#8763, "RE: 2g Intake question"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by PowerEclipses
Originally posted by eclipsekaiser Remy, you need to read more carefully and think things through before responding. I know they are in the same family of turbos, and hence I grouped them together.
Im sorry kaiser, but even I dont know what your talking about here... lol lets just drop it.

Dropped

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8752 Previous topic | Next topic