Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #456
View in linear mode

Subject: "What do you think my car is worth?" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiApr-14-06 01:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#456, "What do you think my car is worth?"

I don't want to disclose why I'm considering selling my car, but I am...here is most of what it has, what do you think it is worth?

1998 GSX
79,000 Miles

Motor
6,000 miles on built 7-bolt. Ross pistons, eagle rods
Stock 1G head & intake

Drivetrain
TRE Racing Tranny
ACT 2600 clutch
Braided SS clutch line

Forced Induction & Exhaust
New GT35R Turbo
4" FP Intake pipe
Spearco 2-216 FMIC w/ all piping
Tial Blow off Valve
SBR Tubular Manifold
Tial 38mm wastegate w/ open atmosphere dump tube
2.5" RRE downpipe 3" after flex section w/ 3" Hi-flow cat
Apex'i N1 catback 3"

Fuel System
Walbro 255HP fuel pump
660 injectors
Full Throttle Speed AFPR w/ Fuel Pressure Gauge

Electronics & Gauges
DSMlink v2.5 ECU
PLX M-300 Wideband
Boost & EGT Gauges

Suspension
Stock suspesion
Stock GSX wheels
RRE Front Strut Tower
RRE Rear Strut Tower
RRE Front Tie Bar

That's the majority of it, besides small things here and there. What do you think I could catch with that setup?

What if I throw in all the extras I haven't put on yet?

Apexi WS Coilovers
ADR Cypher 18" wheels
Defi D-Gauges (A/F, EGT, PSI, Fuel Pressure)
GM MAF-T Setup
Spare GS 5-spoke wheels w/ Nitto 450 tires (for autocross or drag)
Greddy Profec-B Boost Controller
Greddy Type-R Blow off Valve

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What do you think my car is worth?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Apr-14-06 01:50 PM, #1
RE: What do you think my car is worth?, Hult250R, Apr-14-06 04:46 PM, #2
      RE: What do you think my car is worth?, kelvinb1, Apr-14-06 05:14 PM, #3
           RE: What do you think my car is worth?, burntheblobs, Apr-14-06 06:49 PM, #4
                RE: What do you think my car is worth?, Remy, Apr-14-06 08:48 PM, #5
RE: What do you think my car is worth?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Apr-14-06 09:04 PM, #6
RE: What do you think my car is worth?, BigBald, Apr-15-06 04:48 AM, #7
      RE: What do you think my car is worth?, slowmitsu, Apr-15-06 07:15 AM, #8
           RE: What do you think my car is worth?, RST95eclipse, Apr-15-06 10:09 AM, #9
                RE: What do you think my car is worth?, DSMxTSi, Apr-15-06 11:44 AM, #10
                     RE: What do you think my car is worth?, FlyinEsi, Apr-17-06 04:39 AM, #11
                          RE: What do you think my car is worth?, DSMxTSi, Apr-17-06 08:23 AM, #12
                          RE: What do you think my car is worth?, TeamDR1665, Apr-17-06 11:02 AM, #13
                               RE: What do you think my car is worth?, kelvinb1, Apr-17-06 08:14 PM, #14
                                    RE: What do you think my car is worth?, TeamDR1665, Apr-18-06 08:06 AM, #15
                          RE: What do you think my car is worth?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Apr-18-06 10:50 AM, #16
                               RE: What do you think my car is worth?, FlyinEsi, Apr-18-06 01:51 PM, #17
                                    RE: What do you think my car is worth?, burntheblobs, Apr-18-06 02:58 PM, #18
                                         RE: What do you think my car is worth?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Apr-19-06 12:11 PM, #19
                                              RE: What do you think my car is worth?, FlyinEsi, Apr-19-06 01:07 PM, #20
                                                   RE: What do you think my car is worth?, 96rs-t, Apr-19-06 02:15 PM, #21
                                                        RE: What do you think my car is worth?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Apr-20-06 01:17 PM, #22
                                                             RE: What do you think my car is worth?, Dualgen2, Apr-20-06 01:51 PM, #23
                                                             RE: What do you think my car is worth?, TeamDR1665, Apr-21-06 07:28 AM, #24

420a-TnthewerksApr-14-06 01:50 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#457, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 0

Possibly $14-$15k.

If you part it out let me know!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Hult250RApr-14-06 04:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#458, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 1

Im sad

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

kelvinb1Apr-14-06 05:14 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#459, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Hult250R
Im sad

x2

burntheblobsApr-14-06 06:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#460, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 3

Id say around 10k without the extras.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

RemyApr-14-06 08:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#461, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 4
Apr-15-06 06:13 AM by Remy

YOu should return it back to stock and part the mods. You will make more money that way.

I got dibs on the maft set up , 4" intake and tial bov if you do.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

420a-TnthewerksApr-14-06 09:04 PM
2267 posts,
#462, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I don't want to disclose why I'm considering selling my car, but I am...here is most of what it has, what do you think it is worth? 1998 GSX 79,000 Miles Motor 6,000 miles on built 7-bolt. Ross pistons, eagle rods Stock 1G head & intake Drivetrain TRE Racing Tranny ACT 2600 clutch Braided SS clutch line Forced Induction & Exhaust New GT35R Turbo 4" FP Intake pipe Spearco 2-216 FMIC w/ all piping Tial Blow off Valve SBR Tubular Manifold Tial 38mm wastegate w/ open atmosphere dump tube 2.5" RRE downpipe 3" after flex section w/ 3" Hi-flow cat Apex'i N1 catback 3" Fuel System Walbro 255HP fuel pump 660 injectors Full Throttle Speed AFPR w/ Fuel Pressure Gauge Electronics & Gauges DSMlink v2.5 ECU PLX M-300 Wideband Boost & EGT Gauges Suspension Stock suspesion Stock GSX wheels RRE Front Strut Tower RRE Rear Strut Tower RRE Front Tie Bar That's the majority of it, besides small things here and there. What do you think I could catch with that setup? What if I throw in all the extras I haven't put on yet? Apexi WS Coilovers ADR Cypher 18" wheels Defi D-Gauges (A/F, EGT, PSI, Fuel Pressure) GM MAF-T Setup Spare GS 5-spoke wheels w/ Nitto 450 tires (for autocross or drag) Greddy Profec-B Boost Controller Greddy Type-R Blow off Valve

Are you able to keep the fog lights with the 2-216?

Anyway, if you were to part it out I'd be interested in at least 5 of those items.. you can PM me if you decide to part it out.

BigBaldApr-15-06 04:48 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#463, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 6

10k if you are lucky....prolly make more with it stock and parting out the car.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

slowmitsuApr-15-06 07:15 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#464, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by BigBald
10k if you are lucky....prolly make more with it stock and parting out the car.

I'd have to agree with Remy and BigBald on this one. Selling a moderately modded car these days is a bitch.

_______

BPU'd skittle

RST95eclipseApr-15-06 10:09 AM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#465, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 8

Agreed. A part out would get more money in your situation. Second, selling it in stock form and part out aftermarket parts. Last, get it all out in one motion.

FYI: I can't find a 2g part out, if my life depended on it. If you part out, which I pray you are, I have money waiting for your sway bar end links.

DSMxTSiApr-15-06 11:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#466, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 9
Apr-15-06 11:49 AM by DSMxTSi

You should be able to get $10K for it, but it probably wont sell quickly. To move it faster you should hang out at local night spots and get the word out.

If you do part out the mods then I want the DSM Link and full exhaust.

Originally posted by FlyinESi
I don't want to disclose why I'm considering selling my car

Let me guess....... You want to build a better road racer project. Maybe something like a 240SX with a V8, or better yet a RX7 with a LS1? That's what I'd do.

FlyinEsiApr-17-06 04:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#467, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 10

I do want to make a better road racing project...and it happens to be an '03 mustang SVT cobra. 390hp stock. Very easily modified and reseptive to modifications. I'm torn because I'm so close to finishing my 2.3L rebuild.

I'm just not nearly as happy with this car as the other one. It doesn't have all the little touches to it that make it mine, but too many little touches from someone else that screams, not mine.

DSMxTSiApr-17-06 08:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#468, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 11

I do want to make a better road racing project...and it happens to be an '03 mustang SVT cobra. 390hp stock. Very easily modified and reseptive to modifications. I'm torn because I'm so close to finishing my 2.3L rebuild. I'm just not nearly as happy with this car as the other one. It doesn't have all the little touches to it that make it mine, but too many little touches from someone else that screams, not mine.

I totally understand. I prefer to buy an unmodded car, or at least very mildly modded, so I can make it my own.
An '03 Cobra would be a wonderful project, though expensive as hell. I think you should do it, you'll love it!

TeamDR1665Apr-17-06 11:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#469, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 12

Jesus, Dan.

You are like the bi-polar DSMer. When you like it, you really like it, but when you don't?

I bet you could sell a lot of your parts on DSM_SW and save on shipping, but it's always hit or miss with selling parts.

kelvinb1Apr-17-06 08:14 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#470, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 13

and this after you hit 28psi i would of been hooked on it like heroin after that trip

TeamDR1665Apr-18-06 08:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#471, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by kelvinb1
and this after you hit 28psi i would of been hooked on it like heroin after that trip

Dude. He's seen almost 40 in this car...

420a-TnthewerksApr-18-06 10:50 AM
2267 posts,
#472, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 11

I do want to make a better road racing project...and it happens to be an '03 mustang SVT cobra. 390hp stock. Very easily modified and reseptive to modifications. I'm torn because I'm so close to finishing my 2.3L rebuild.

Finish it up and go eat a modded Cobra for breakfast. You're going to be spending so much money to get an 03 Cobra and make it as fast as the DSM. Your setup can easily put you over 600WHP. Take that plus AWD and I just don't get it .

I'm just not nearly as happy with this car as the other one. It doesn't have all the little touches to it that make it mine, but too many little touches from someone else that screams, not mine.

Did you buy your other one brand new? Didn't think so. Make it yours. You'll have a good example of that from me in about a month from now...

FlyinEsiApr-18-06 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#473, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 16

The SVT I'm looking at isn't exactly stock either. It has 4 mods. 1) Borla Exhaust 2)Ported Cobra-R Throttle Body, 3) Smaller Supercharger pulley 4) Diablo Programmable computer chip. 490 RWHP. That is easy, close to stock, and I don't have to spend another dime on it. This car is far from finished and for the extra $16K I have to spend to get the Cobra, i might finish out ahead in the long run.

burntheblobsApr-18-06 02:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#474, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 17

The SVT I'm looking at isn't exactly stock either. It has 4 mods. 1) Borla Exhaust 2)Ported Cobra-R Throttle Body, 3) Smaller Supercharger pulley 4) Diablo Programmable computer chip. 490 RWHP. That is easy, close to stock, and I don't have to spend another dime on it. This car is far from finished and for the extra $16K I have to spend to get the Cobra, i might finish out ahead in the long run.

I'm definitely partial to DSMs, but I'd take that cobra in a second. Also, it really does sound like a better investment.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

420a-TnthewerksApr-19-06 12:11 PM
2267 posts,
#475, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by burntheblobs
Originally posted by FlyinEsi The SVT I'm looking at isn't exactly stock either. It has 4 mods. 1) Borla Exhaust 2)Ported Cobra-R Throttle Body, 3) Smaller Supercharger pulley 4) Diablo Programmable computer chip. 490 RWHP. That is easy, close to stock, and I don't have to spend another dime on it. This car is far from finished and for the extra $16K I have to spend to get the Cobra, i might finish out ahead in the long run.
I'm definitely partial to DSMs, but I'd take that cobra in a second. Also, it really does sound like a better investment.

Definately not something I would do, but you're not me. "Don't have to spend another dime on it", yeah right, we all know how that goes. Your GSX will still be faster than the 490WHP Cobra and still have traction whenever you want it. But, it's your life, get the Muffstain if you think it suits you better

FlyinEsiApr-19-06 01:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#476, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 19

Have no fear. Project X^2 is back on track. My accident won't even let me think about getting the Stang...insurance is an ass-raper for another 4.5 years.

I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

96rs-tApr-19-06 02:15 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#477, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 20

I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

damn, sucks for you man. too bad you won't be driving something will real power.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

420a-TnthewerksApr-20-06 01:17 PM
2267 posts,
#478, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 21

You can't see this.. but I'm smiling.

Dualgen2Apr-20-06 01:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#479, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 22

I like your car and look forward to seeing the 2.3L done. 03 Cobra would be sweet though. I agree it's nice to start w/ more power so you don't have to mod as much. That's why I got the VR4. Problem is parts cost so much for it and it's hard to stay stock for long. The Cobra parts wouldn't be as bad though.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

TeamDR1665Apr-21-06 07:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#480, "RE: What do you think my car is worth?"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
You can't see this.. but I'm smiling.

Same here.

Like I said, Dan, the Cobra would make you just another guy with some bolt ons installed on his Mustang. Sure, it makes a lot of power, but you've invested so much time and energy into the Phoenix that it would be a shame to give up now. You're at the top of the game. All you have left to do is iron out all those litle wrinkles here and there.

2G DSMs are sexy cars, but the sexiest thing about them is what's on the inside.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #456 Previous topic | Next topic