Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #357
View in linear mode

Subject: "Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)" Previous topic | Next topic
PowerEclipsesMay-11-06 09:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#357, "Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"

Turned out I put down 383awhp 385 torque 11s babbbby haha too bad I dont have insurance on my machine of fury. I was running 27lbs of boost w/ alcohol injection.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), 97eclipse97, May-12-06 04:49 AM, #1
RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), BigBald, May-12-06 05:21 AM, #2
      RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), 97eclipse97, May-12-06 05:42 AM, #3
           RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), Diceman19, May-12-06 07:13 AM, #4
           RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), BigBald, May-12-06 01:04 PM, #5
                RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), RST95eclipse, May-12-06 03:30 PM, #6
                RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), 97eclipse97, May-12-06 06:09 PM, #7
                     RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), PowerEclipses, May-13-06 01:39 AM, #8
                     RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), BigBald, May-13-06 05:49 AM, #9
                          RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), PowerEclipses, May-14-06 06:33 PM, #10
                               RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), BigBald, May-15-06 09:39 AM, #11
                                    RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :), kelvinb1, May-16-06 02:18 PM, #12

97eclipse97May-12-06 04:49 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#358, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 0

That's sweet dude. What kind of dyno was it? And what turbo, etc are you running?

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BigBaldMay-12-06 05:21 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#359, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 1

383 is not getting you into the 11s. You have a log of that dyno you can share?

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

97eclipse97May-12-06 05:42 AM
695 posts,
#360, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by BigBald
383 is not getting you into the 11s. You have a log of that dyno you can share?

Yes it can, depending on the weight of the car

Matty Thomas (you should know who he is) is running 11.5's on his 1g. He dynoed at 385 WHP 364 WTQ. He is running an Evo III, FP2's, DSMLink, stock block and tranny...It most certainly can be done.

Diceman19May-12-06 07:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#361, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 3
May-12-06 07:14 AM by Diceman19

Originally posted by 97eclipse97
Originally posted by BigBald 383 is not getting you into the 11s. You have a log of that dyno you can share?
Yes it can, depending on the weight of the car Matty Thomas (you should know who he is) is running 11.5's on his 1g. He dynoed at 385 WHP 364 WTQ. He is running an Evo III, FP2's, DSMLink, stock block and tranny...It most certainly can be done.

the 2g is a fat lard compared to a 1g, normally speaking. at least IMO.

BigBaldMay-12-06 01:04 PM
2715 posts,
#362, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by BigBald 383 is not getting you into the 11s. You have a log of that dyno you can share?
Yes it can, depending on the weight of the car Matty Thomas (you should know who he is) is running 11.5's on his 1g. He dynoed at 385 WHP 364 WTQ. He is running an Evo III, FP2's, DSMLink, stock block and tranny...It most certainly can be done.

If he had a 1g I minght not had said that......at 383whp his car will not run 11.xxxxx. His car is full weight.....

RST95eclipseMay-12-06 03:30 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#363, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 5

Take it to the track and find out. I'm not going to take sides here. Since it's kindof on the edge between the two. It will come down to the driver if you ask me.

97eclipse97May-12-06 06:09 PM
695 posts,
#364, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 5

If he had a 1g I minght not had said that......at 383whp his car will not run 11.xxxxx. His car is full weight.....

Well I will most certainly agree that it would take a damn good driver to get a full weight 2g into the 11's with under 400 whp. However a less than full weight 2g with a good driver could definitly do it. Josh Wingell ran 11's in his almost (or it might even be full weight) 2g on an Evo III 16g. He hasn't dynoed, but I have never seen one dyno over 400 whp...

I think it all comes down to the setup and the driver. So ya, take it to the track and see how you do!

PowerEclipsesMay-13-06 01:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#365, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 7

im running a t3t4 50 trim setup with all supporting mods
750cc injectors
act 2600
hks272s
1g head
cam gears
shep tranny
you get the idea i can post some more of my mods im quite tired right now
i could post a pic of the dyno sheet when i find it, its buried somewhere from when i moved out of my apartment

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

BigBaldMay-13-06 05:49 AM
2715 posts,
#366, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 7

Well I will most certainly agree that it would take a damn good driver to get a full weight 2g into the 11's with under 400 whp. However a less than full weight 2g with a good driver could definitly do it. Josh Wingell ran 11's in his almost (or it might even be full weight) 2g on an Evo III 16g. He hasn't dynoed, but I have never seen one dyno over 400 whp... I think it all comes down to the setup and the driver. So ya, take it to the track and see how you do!

His traps would tell you if it was power or Driver skill pushing him into the 11s. I have seen Evo 16g's dyno over 400whp and run 11s before.

PowerEclipsesMay-14-06 06:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#367, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 9

Thanks man, I thought youd have a little more confidence in me lol damn I thought it was a pretty good dyno for 11s

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

BigBaldMay-15-06 09:39 AM
2715 posts,
#368, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by PowerEclipses
Thanks man, I thought youd have a little more confidence in me lol damn I thought it was a pretty good dyno for 11s

I am more of a realistic person. 11s is no small feet to accomplish. Have you beaten your 13.5 yet? Its goign to take some good seat time to hit 11s. Unless you have been racing on the low for the past couple of years, dont expect it at all....esp on a full weight 2g with 383whp.

kelvinb1May-16-06 02:18 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#369, "RE: Forgot to tell you guys... I got dynoed :)"
In response to Reply # 11
May-16-06 02:18 PM by kelvinb1

any of you guys in des moines in area? a friend of mine ran an 11.8@? in a 1g with no rear seats on like 24psi and race gas. his best before was 13.03@105 or so

with the evo3 stock cams and msns

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #357 Previous topic | Next topic