Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2101
View in linear mode

Subject: "4g63 swap...a little different" Previous topic | Next topic
BlackMagicMay-25-05 06:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2101, "4g63 swap...a little different"
May-25-05 06:40 PM by BlackMagic

now this, is just weird and i dont know why they did it, but they did...

yes thats a honda and yes thats a 4g63, how freaking weird is that

heres the link to it
http://honda-tech.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=1257498

feel free to delete this whenever you want, i just thought it was interesting

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, SPL_Eclipse, May-25-05 07:00 PM, #1
RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, BlackMagic, May-25-05 07:08 PM, #2
      RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, SPL_Eclipse, May-25-05 08:14 PM, #3
           RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-26-05 02:38 AM, #4
                RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, SPL_Eclipse, May-26-05 12:26 PM, #9
RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, NHH223, May-26-05 09:50 AM, #5
RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, BlackMagic, May-26-05 11:07 AM, #6
RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, turbo8u, May-26-05 11:10 AM, #7
RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, Pitchblack98, May-26-05 11:30 AM, #8
      RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, Kaoz78, May-26-05 02:41 PM, #10
           RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, NHH223, May-26-05 03:04 PM, #11
RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, 420a-Tnthewerks, May-26-05 03:04 PM, #12
      RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, CarbonFiberRST, May-26-05 05:54 PM, #13
      RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, NHH223, May-26-05 06:42 PM, #14
           RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, 420a-Tnthewerks, May-26-05 07:32 PM, #15
           RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, NHH223, May-28-05 06:46 PM, #27
                RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, BlackMagic, May-28-05 07:40 PM, #28
           RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, CarbonFiberRST, May-27-05 08:45 AM, #19
           RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, Dualgen2, May-29-05 12:28 PM, #29
RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, downshift311, May-27-05 04:14 AM, #16
RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, a_miller_76, May-27-05 06:46 AM, #17
RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, BRU_ce, May-27-05 07:54 AM, #18
RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, BumpinTalon, May-27-05 09:00 AM, #20
      RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, Pitchblack98, May-27-05 09:40 AM, #21
      RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, Blizare, May-27-05 09:42 AM, #22
           RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, BRU_ce, May-27-05 09:44 AM, #23
           RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, EvMan2345, May-27-05 10:14 AM, #24
           RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, BumpinTalon, May-27-05 10:28 AM, #25
                RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, BlackMagic, May-28-05 10:53 AM, #26
                     RE: 4g63 swap...a little different, Dualgen2, May-29-05 12:34 PM, #30

SPL_EclipseMay-25-05 07:00 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2102, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 0

"feel free to delete this whenever you want, i just thought it was interesting"

LMAO..you're pretty awesome. points time.

your link is incorrect..it just talks about how someones subs got stolen and stuff. we need a mo' better link...im interested to find out why in the world that swap happened.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlackMagicMay-25-05 07:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2103, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 1
May-25-05 07:26 PM by BlackMagic

lol whoops sorry wrong link...here ya go

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1222050

it doesn't have any info on how he did the swap though, just some more pics and people saying "nice car"

*form follows function*

SPL_EclipseMay-25-05 08:14 PM
5921 posts,
#2104, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 2

LMFAO...the "hundai" valve cover is priceless.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-26-05 02:38 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#2105, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
LMFAO...the "hundai" valve cover is priceless.

Why do you find that hilarious. 4g n/a motors were in hyundai's too. A lot of guys replace the VC temporarily when theirs crack with a hyundai one since they are easier to find then go about looking for a dsm one.

SPL_EclipseMay-26-05 12:26 PM
5921 posts,
#2106, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse LMFAO...the "hundai" valve cover is priceless.
Why do you find that hilarious. 4g n/a motors were in hyundai's too. A lot of guys replace the VC temporarily when theirs crack with a hyundai one since they are easier to find then go about looking for a dsm one.

its funny because the guy did it on purpose (from what i can tell). he was trying to go for the "sleeper" look and fool unknowing challengers.

NHH223May-26-05 09:50 AM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
#2107, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 0

Way to make a really crappy car into a really crappy car with expensive parts. That's the biggest waste of a 6-bolt. He's trying to sell if for $8500? It's a CIVIC! Coulda gotten more money out of the Eclipse he stole the engine from...

Yes, I hate Honda, it's bad enough they think they can roll with Eclipses, let alone steal parts off one...

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

BlackMagicMay-26-05 11:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2108, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 5

hater, can't you appreciate that very strange swap

*form follows function*

turbo8uMay-26-05 11:10 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#2109, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by NHH223
Yes, I hate Honda, it's bad enough they think they can roll with Eclipses, let alone steal parts off one...

dude give me a fuckin break...i know a handful of hondas who would mercilessly hand you your ass. they have a bad rep, but they also have mad potential. honda guys have been running some of the fastest times NA out of really any car, its all power to weight for them.

"its bad enough they think they can roll with eclipses"...pure arrogance at its finest

Pitchblack98May-26-05 11:30 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#2110, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 7

Thats not the first swap Ive seen like that. Ive seen one in person around here in a 90 CRX. It was a scary fast car. He even had the awd parts and he planned on converting it over. That was about a year ago at a hang out around here.

Kaoz78May-26-05 02:41 PM
Member since Dec 20th 2003
407 posts,
#2111, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Pitchblack98
Thats not the first swap Ive seen like that. Ive seen one in person around here in a 90 CRX. It was a scary fast car. He even had the awd parts and he planned on converting it over. That was about a year ago at a hang out around here.

I was going to say, I bet that lil bitch is fast as hell. Especially if it's a hatch. I bet that motor stock in a hatch would outrun Mr. Honda Hater up there. /\

Originally posted by silverarrow
I never said I was going to run 13s with my car with nothing but a sack of rice.

NHH223May-26-05 03:04 PM
161 posts,
#2112, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 10

I don't totally hate Hondas. The S2000 is a great car, don't get me wrong. I'm not arrogant or anything. The reputation for Hondas in my area is a rusting '94 DX with a huge wing, pure white tails, and a fart-can exhaust. Excuse me for hating those kinds of Hondas. There is a decent one in the next town over, heard he did a swap, super-charged, and all the goodies, and running upwards of 300whp.

Yes, the swap is unique. I'm sorry I don't like it. Maybe he shoulda done something more Honda and less Mitsubishi. I'd never swap my 4g63 for a B18! You guys get where I'm going with this?

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

420a-TnthewerksMay-26-05 03:04 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#2113, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 5

Way to make a really crappy car into a really crappy car with expensive parts. That's the biggest waste of a 6-bolt. He's trying to sell if for $8500? It's a CIVIC! Coulda gotten more money out of the Eclipse he stole the engine from... Yes, I hate Honda, it's bad enough they think they can roll with Eclipses, let alone steal parts off one...

. I think it's pretty bad ass. That CIVIC would WASTE you. You should feel good that somebody in the Honda community wants to use your engine to go fast, because they know it can. Everybody in that forum said nothing but compliments on the 4g63 engine.

CarbonFiberRSTMay-26-05 05:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#2114, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 12

I remember seeing pics of a hatch with an cf evo hood and evo drivetrain... it was pretty sick, thought they were posted here.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

NHH223May-26-05 06:42 PM
161 posts,
#2115, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 12

I'm sorry my opinion is based solely on the possible prospect of a car and it's racing potential. Yea, that Civic could waste me, but so? It's not a civic anymore, really. It's more like a confused GS-T that looks like a civic. I don't see much of the point in doing such an akward swap. I know honda guys go JDM and swap everything out. Am I going to put another engine in my car? Maybe a 6-bolt, but we have our reasons for doing that swap. Ask anyone about the definition of a "badass" car, and you'll probably get muscle cars, 6 cyl rice burners, and the occasional 4cyl that destroys, and no, it wont be a honda!

Why don't I do a 6G72 swap into my GS-T, and then do an AWD conversion, and call my Eclipse a GS-VR4TT? Maybe I should... and then sell the car for a ridiculous price because all that work builds nothing into my self pride or gives me any sense of sentimental value or accomplishment.

You buy it, you build it, you keep it.

420a-TnthewerksMay-26-05 07:32 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#2116, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 14
May-26-05 07:33 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

I'm sorry my opinion is based solely on the possible prospect of a car and it's racing potential. Yea, that Civic could waste me, but so? It's not a civic anymore, really. It's more like a confused GS-T that looks like a civic. I don't see much of the point in doing such an akward swap. I know honda guys go JDM and swap everything out. Am I going to put another engine in my car? Maybe a 6-bolt, but we have our reasons for doing that swap. Ask anyone about the definition of a "badass" car, and you'll probably get muscle cars, 6 cyl rice burners, and the occasional 4cyl that destroys, and no, it wont be a honda! Why don't I do a 6G72 swap into my GS-T, and then do an AWD conversion, and call my Eclipse a GS-VR4TT? Maybe I should... and then sell the car for a ridiculous price because all that work builds nothing into my self pride or gives me any sense of sentimental value or accomplishment. You buy it, you build it, you keep it.

Let's set the scene. Someone like yourself pulls up to an unsuspecting Honda. You both look at each other and acknowledge a race, thinking this Honda can't roll with you. You suddenly find out after hitting second gear, you can't roll with IT, not even close. And you think to yourself, what the fuck was that? You both stop at a gas station and you ask what he has. He pops the hood and you see a 4g63 nestled in the bay. I, for one, would have to sigh in relief that it is the engine I love that I was just roasted by.

The engine's they have are not really built for torque. That's why it would be pointless to do a b18 swap into a 2g, we're fat bastards compared to them. Doing a 4g63 swap into an original 420a equipped 2g would be pointless because you can buy the exact same car with it in there. What he did was put it into a MUCH lighter car. Which actually shows off more of how powerful the engine really is. It also shows the Honda community that the 4g63 engine is a great powerplant and nothing to laugh at. So maybe they won't try and "roll" with you since they know if they're not packin, to not mess with you lol.

Anyway, after all that nonsense babble, look at the SRT-10, PT Cruiser, etc.

Believe what you want, but that car is pretty badass IMO.

NHH223May-28-05 06:46 PM
161 posts,
#2117, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 15

I was outside, smoking a cigarette, and I looked at my old '92 Colt Vista wagon. It dawned on me that someone has put a 4G63 in one of those, and thrown down 240HPish? Am I right? I think I saw it somewhere. Anyways, the thought of driving that old beater and trashing people with such a good engine, gave me a little more respect to the Honda guy. But he get's no respect for selling that car. Your work, your pride, YOUR ride!

BlackMagicMay-28-05 07:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2118, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 27

I was outside, smoking a cigarette, and I looked at my old '92 Colt Vista wagon. It dawned on me that someone has put a 4G63 in one of those, and thrown down 240HPish? Am I right? I think I saw it somewhere. Anyways, the thought of driving that old beater and trashing people with such a good engine, gave me a little more respect to the Honda guy. But he get's no respect for selling that car. Your work, your pride, YOUR ride!

maybe he needs the money for financial issues, can't blame him for that

*form follows function*

CarbonFiberRSTMay-27-05 08:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#2119, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"

Your feelings about this are way too strong. Issues.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Dualgen2May-29-05 12:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#2120, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"

I'm sorry my opinion is based solely on the possible prospect of a car and it's racing potential. Yea, that Civic could waste me, but so? It's not a civic anymore, really. It's more like a confused GS-T that looks like a civic. I don't see much of the point in doing such an akward swap. I know honda guys go JDM and swap everything out. Am I going to put another engine in my car? Maybe a 6-bolt, but we have our reasons for doing that swap. Ask anyone about the definition of a "badass" car, and you'll probably get muscle cars, 6 cyl rice burners, and the occasional 4cyl that destroys, and no, it wont be a honda! Why don't I do a 6G72 swap into my GS-T, and then do an AWD conversion, and call my Eclipse a GS-VR4TT? Maybe I should... and then sell the car for a ridiculous price because all that work builds nothing into my self pride or gives me any sense of sentimental value or accomplishment. You buy it, you build it, you keep it.

mmm 6G72. I love my car.
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

downshift311May-27-05 04:14 AM
Member since Aug 04th 2003
32 posts,
#2121, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by BlackMagic
now this, is just weird and i dont know why they did it, but they did... yes thats a honda and yes thats a 4g63, how freaking weird is that heres the link to it http://honda-tech.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=1257498 feel free to delete this whenever you want, i just thought it was interesting

Lmfao, I run the Honda parts dept at the local dealer... and I just set this pic as my background on my desktop. DSM rules.

a_miller_76May-27-05 06:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#2122, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 16

You can swap anything into a Honda.

BRU_ceMay-27-05 07:54 AM
Member since Aug 25th 2003
1457 posts,
#2123, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 0

its cool cause its different but dsm's are the most unreliable pieces of crap on the road ( or in the driveway ) and that kinda sucks that it takes 25psi to run a low 12. imagine a b18c at 25psi............

Oh no! My sig died! I'll get another one.
Member and Co-Founder of FLDSM

BumpinTalonMay-27-05 09:00 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#2124, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 18
May-27-05 09:06 AM by BumpinTalon

Originally posted by BRU_ce
its cool cause its different but dsm's are the most unreliable pieces of crap on the road ( or in the driveway ) and that kinda sucks that it takes 25psi to run a low 12. imagine a b18c at 25psi............

a b18c at 25psi is just a b18c that sucks 25 times more intensely then a b18c without boost.
the only Honda motor I'd ever use is the H22.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Pitchblack98May-27-05 09:40 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#2125, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Originally posted by BRU_cethe only Honda motor I'd ever use is the H22.

Ill second that. I had a 91 accord with a h22a with a jackson racing SC on it. It was an extremly fun car especially for being an automatic.

BlizareMay-27-05 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#2126, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 20

a b18c at 25psi is just a b18c that sucks 25 times more intensely then a b18c without boost. the only Honda motor I'd ever use is the H22.

wow. again.

you can't be serious.

A B18 pushing like 600cfm (psi is irrelevent) is crazy.

25 times Crazier than a n/a B18.

It's too bad that honda makes such good motors and everyone bashes them

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

BRU_ceMay-27-05 09:44 AM
Member since Aug 25th 2003
1457 posts,
#2127, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 22

Damnit, nobody caught my joke. I was quoting a post from that forum. I don't know shit about Honda motors... DSM 4 lyfe, y0!

Oh no! My sig died! I'll get another one.
Member and Co-Founder of FLDSM

EvMan2345May-27-05 10:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#2128, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 23

a while ago i posted pics of a bmw with a 4g63 engine in it. It was a late 80's early 90's E30 3-series.

Evan B
97 GS- FOR SALE
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

BumpinTalonMay-27-05 10:28 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#2129, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by Blizare
Originally posted by BumpinTalon a b18c at 25psi is just a b18c that sucks 25 times more intensely then a b18c without boost. the only Honda motor I'd ever use is the H22.
wow. again. you can't be serious. A B18 pushing like 600cfm (psi is irrelevent) is crazy. 25 times Crazier than a n/a B18. It's too bad that honda makes such good motors and everyone bashes them

2.2 liter > 1.8 liter
plus the H22 has turned very solid numbers, I've seen one in a Civic that turned over 700whp in Modified mag I think? not sure
apparently when you drive a Honda you lose all appreciation for torque. I'm still spoiled by my last car that had just under 300lb-ft of torque ... stock.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

BlackMagicMay-28-05 10:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2130, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 25

Originally posted by Blizare
Originally posted by BumpinTalon a b18c at 25psi is just a b18c that sucks 25 times more intensely then a b18c without boost. the only Honda motor I'd ever use is the H22.
wow. again. you can't be serious. A B18 pushing like 600cfm (psi is irrelevent) is crazy. 25 times Crazier than a n/a B18. It's too bad that honda makes such good motors and everyone bashes them
2.2 liter > 1.8 liter plus the H22 has turned very solid numbers, I've seen one in a Civic that turned over 700whp in Modified mag I think? not sure apparently when you drive a Honda you lose all appreciation for torque. I'm still spoiled by my last car that had just under 300lb-ft of torque ... stock.

^^^ i second that, my friends got a 94 hatch with a H22 and T66 turbo, it is insane

*form follows function*

Dualgen2May-29-05 12:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#2131, "RE: 4g63 swap...a little different"
In response to Reply # 26

I like the NSX swap, but that's just me. Sure it's a drag car but it's silly fast. Seen plenty 4G swaps in Honda's and I think it's great. They recognize the 4G power and potential but want to be different and put it in another car. No AWD sucks though. These sleeper Honda's suck sometimes. I was driving yesterday and this Integra that looked bone stock w/ stock exhaust, wheels, etc was running an electric cut-out off his downpipe w/ some turbo kit and a hidden FMIC. Kept reving on me right before my turn. Kinda annoying cause I probably woulda handed him his ass in my car stock even w/ all the turbo stuff. Yay for small stock turbo's on the street.
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2101 Previous topic | Next topic