Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12821
View in linear mode

Subject: "2g MAS and intake pipe" Previous topic | Next topic
EvMan2345Sep-10-03 03:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12821, "2g MAS and intake pipe"

i read this but im not 100% sure in this- im getting a 2G MAS for my 1g (friend has an extra one). so i can buy an intake made for a 2g? or does it still have to be a 1g intake made for the 2gMAS. i read that the 2g intake will work, i dont know if they meant stock tube or aftermarket intake tube, which should be the same, but i just want to make sure- thanks!

Evan B
97 GS
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-10-03 06:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12822, "RE: 2g MAS and intake pipe"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-10-03 06:12 PM by eclipzGST

You will need an adapter that mates up to the "sqaure" inlet to the 2G mas. The outlet is round and the same size as the 1G snorkel tube that goes to the turbo so you're all set there.
I have an adapter that bolts to the 2G mas to allow for a conical filter if you're interested. I'll give it to you for $20 shipped. I also have the RS AKIMOTO filter that goes with it but it's got a 1/2"in. round spot on it thats a little mangled from rubbing on a bolt and it's dirty as hell. I'll send you that too for an extra $5.
BTW, you'll need the harness for the 2G mas as well. The 1G plug won't fit.

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12821 Previous topic | Next topic