Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #8140
View in linear mode

Subject: "what to do????" Previous topic | Next topic
2geclipselamboedApr-24-06 08:58 AM
Member since Jan 12th 2006
265 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8140, "what to do????"

ok i have a trade pending my eclipse rs for a gsr integra...my whole motor and tranny is built and the outside is all done too, his car is stock on the outside but has a lot more motor work done (not turboed though...type r engine swap etc) the only reason i am considering it is because of a lot more engine options i would have...what do you all think...keep my show car or go stock and be able to kick ass???

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: what to do????, DanKid, Apr-24-06 09:14 AM, #1
RE: what to do????, 2geclipselamboed, Apr-24-06 09:39 AM, #2
      RE: what to do????, WIDECLIPSE, Apr-24-06 09:51 AM, #3
           RE: what to do????, CarbonFiberRST, Apr-24-06 10:07 AM, #4
                RE: what to do????, slowmitsu, Apr-24-06 10:08 AM, #5
                RE: what to do????, EclipseSix, Apr-24-06 10:14 AM, #6
                RE: what to do????, djtrickee, Apr-24-06 10:16 AM, #7
                RE: what to do????, saikou, Apr-24-06 06:49 PM, #8
                     RE: what to do????, blcktalipse, Apr-24-06 06:54 PM, #9
                          RE: what to do????, mike_d, Apr-25-06 08:04 AM, #10
                RE: what to do????, dsmmyth, Apr-25-06 09:04 AM, #11
                     RE: what to do????, optikal, Apr-25-06 01:42 PM, #12
                          RE: what to do????, 96rs-t, Apr-25-06 02:11 PM, #13
RE: what to do????, 2geclipselamboed, Apr-25-06 04:08 PM, #14
RE: what to do????, Nine5eclipse03, Apr-25-06 04:18 PM, #15
      RE: what to do????, 2geclipselamboed, Apr-25-06 04:47 PM, #16
           RE: what to do????, GSGoinFast, Apr-25-06 05:10 PM, #17
                RE: what to do????, grain, Apr-25-06 05:29 PM, #18

DanKidApr-24-06 09:14 AM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8141, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 0

I think you should keep your Eclipse. If you want an integra GSR buy a regular Teg and just drop in the GSR engine in it yourself that way you know the work has been done right. From what i've heard from many people, you should not buy a car with a swapped engine unless you know it has been done by a reputable shop.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2geclipselamboedApr-24-06 09:39 AM
265 posts,
#8143, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 1

he has all the receipts for the engine work

WIDECLIPSEApr-24-06 09:51 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#8145, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 2

It's a honduh............

Need I say more?

-Roman

CarbonFiberRSTApr-24-06 10:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#8146, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 3

I would trade in a heart beat if i had your eclipse.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

slowmitsuApr-24-06 10:08 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#8147, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST

ftw

_______

BPU'd skittle

EclipseSixApr-24-06 10:14 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
#8148, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 4

yea, trade it for the itneg, then sell that and get a stock looking GSX

djtrickeeApr-24-06 10:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#8149, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 4

Agreed. You seem to be looking for justification anyway so just do it.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

saikouApr-24-06 06:49 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#8171, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 7

Whatever you do, don't put lambo doors on the Integra...

blcktalipseApr-24-06 06:54 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2003
1067 posts,
#8173, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by saikou
Whatever you do, don't put lambo doors on the Integra...

or have it run into a semi lol j/k ......yeah ....that sucks dood........sorry......im an idiot

mike_dApr-25-06 08:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#8199, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 9

If you want to go fast GSR>2GNT

95 Talon ESi-T

dsmmythApr-25-06 09:04 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#8201, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 4

Seconded.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

optikalApr-25-06 01:42 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
1062 posts,
#8213, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 11

yea get the gsr.

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007
http://www.kustomautokoatings.com

96rs-tApr-25-06 02:11 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#8216, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 12

2GNT-t > GSR

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

2geclipselamboedApr-25-06 04:08 PM
265 posts,
#8220, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 0

only thing i am worried about on the trade is he has 82k miles on it, and my engine is just turning over 1300 miles on the new rebuilt. I met him the other day and for fun we lined them up and my rs took him by 3 cars, thats after i just put on my new polished and ported head.

Nine5eclipse03Apr-25-06 04:18 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2004
335 posts,
#8221, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 14

Yeah, but its a jdm dude, spend $2000 on a turbo kit for the teg, and you'll be in low 13's lol.

Don't sell your car to 16 year olds...

95 Eclipse RS - Sold for 6k, totalled three days later
91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k
98 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 black on black.

2geclipselamboedApr-25-06 04:47 PM
265 posts,
#8222, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 15

true, i think more than likely i am going to do it, then sell the integra and get my srt-4, because retail on his gsr compared to my rs is overwelming.

GSGoinFastApr-25-06 05:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
#8225, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by 2geclipselamboed
true, i think more than likely i am going to do it, then sell the integra and get my srt-4, because retail on his gsr compared to my rs is overwelming.

I guess thats cool, just dont keep the honduh... sorry I just hate honduhs

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

2.4 Project is Officially underway

grainApr-25-06 05:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#8227, "RE: what to do????"
In response to Reply # 17

id rather have a stock looking honda than a lambo'ed stickered up eclipse.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #8140 Previous topic | Next topic