Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #6648
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just saying hello" Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSMar-31-06 04:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6648, "Just saying hello"
Mar-31-06 04:29 PM by 1TuffRS

Im not sure how many of you guys remember me, but I was just thinking about my 2gnt after Ryan hit me up to ask a question about his ride. But I just wanted to say hello to all the guys on the board, hell you can never really forget where your roots lie, hehe. But yeah since my eclipse got totaled ive moved on to some other projects. I had a 240 for a hot minute and now Im driving a 88 supra. It was NA but it is currently down for a complete overhaul. Im boosting the stock motor and plan on working my way towards 4-500 whp Best 1000 ive spent in a long time, lol. So tell me whats the record for the fastest NA 2G now? Im sure its plummeted from the 15.4s that I was pulling back in my day. Here are a couple of pictures from the first day I got my supra. Still looks stock outside, but ive only had it for a few months and Im working on the motor first.

And for those who dont remember a few pics of my 2gnt

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Just saying hello, injendsm, Mar-31-06 04:39 PM, #1
RE: Just saying hello, 1TuffRS, Mar-31-06 04:47 PM, #2
      RE: Just saying hello, DarKReaLity, Mar-31-06 05:21 PM, #3
      RE: Just saying hello, sonikbewm, Mar-31-06 07:00 PM, #4
           RE: Just saying hello, SILVERNT, Mar-31-06 07:24 PM, #5
                RE: Just saying hello, ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-31-06 07:49 PM, #6
                     RE: Just saying hello, eclipse_99rs, Apr-01-06 03:49 AM, #7
                          RE: Just saying hello, RSClipse9d7, Apr-01-06 04:10 AM, #8
      RE: Just saying hello, injendsm, Apr-01-06 05:21 AM, #9
      RE: Just saying hello, Dualgen2, Apr-01-06 05:38 AM, #10
           RE: Just saying hello, 1TuffRS, Apr-07-06 10:47 AM, #18
      RE: Just saying hello, 1TuffRS, Apr-01-06 09:28 AM, #11
           RE: Just saying hello, eclipse_99rs, Apr-01-06 09:31 AM, #12
                RE: Just saying hello, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-03-06 06:18 AM, #13
                     RE: Just saying hello, vegasdsmr, Apr-03-06 08:02 AM, #14
                          RE: Just saying hello, Kirby, Apr-03-06 11:14 AM, #15
                               RE: Just saying hello, fauchpj, Apr-05-06 01:25 AM, #16
                                    RE: Just saying hello, 1TuffRS, Apr-07-06 10:38 AM, #17
                                         RE: Just saying hello, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-09-06 08:05 AM, #19

injendsmMar-31-06 04:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6650, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 0

i remember you cause i used to want to make my 2g look similar to yours.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSMar-31-06 04:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#6653, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks man, a lot of guys should remember me though, at the time my car was the second fastest NA on the site and two I was the one, with the help of a buddy of mine, that converted the 60mm Jeep TBs to fit on the 420A. But if anyone is on here that does still remember me they will definitely be the old school group. Its been almost 2.5yrs since my eclipse was totaled. But Ive always loved this site and probably always will.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

DarKReaLityMar-31-06 05:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#6657, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 2

yeah i remember you, damn you helped me with the 60mm Jeep TB mod as well. pain in the ass. heheheh good to hear from ya.

sonikbewmMar-31-06 07:00 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#6658, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 3

I remember you dude.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

SILVERNTMar-31-06 07:24 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#6659, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 4

didnt i sell you the carpet kit for the backseat?

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-31-06 07:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6661, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 5

I remember you cause you spell my name funny.
Welcome back.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

eclipse_99rsApr-01-06 03:49 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#6664, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 6

I remember you, You gave me my first points back in the day.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

RSClipse9d7Apr-01-06 04:10 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#6665, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 7

I remember the sig picture. Welcome back man.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

injendsmApr-01-06 05:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#6666, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 1TuffRS
Thanks man, a lot of guys should remember me though, at the time my car was the second fastest NA on the site and two I was the one, with the help of a buddy of mine, that converted the 60mm Jeep TBs to fit on the 420A. But if anyone is on here that does still remember me they will definitely be the old school group. Its been almost 2.5yrs since my eclipse was totaled. But Ive always loved this site and probably always will.

no problem, i didnt even think i had been on this site for that long but i do remember all the talk of the 60mm conversions and you being the 2nd fastest na 2gnt behind vx.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Dualgen2Apr-01-06 05:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#6670, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 9

I definately remember you and your car. Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the Eclipse but it seems that you have a sweet new project. A lot of members, including myself, sold their 2gnt's but are still here.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

1TuffRSApr-07-06 10:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#7129, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Dualgen2
I definately remember you and your car. Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the Eclipse but it seems that you have a sweet new project. A lot of members, including myself, sold their 2gnt's but are still here.

Yeah, i did lose the ride, but you know that 6 cylinders is the way to go

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

1TuffRSApr-01-06 09:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#6674, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks a lot guys, Its nice to talk to you guys again, I see almost everyone has moved on to other things though. Yeah the supra is my new toy for now. Parts for the damn car are expensive as hell even though its not a MKIV. The supra is hands down the most fun car ive ever owned. Boost and RWD is second to none in my book. But Im going down the path less traveled with this car too. A lot of guys think turboing the NA block is a waste of time etc, kind of how the 4g63 guys view our tuning the 420a. But the NA and turbo cars have the exact same motor aside from the compression ratio. I figure since there have been a few that have made over 800whp on the stock turbo bottom end I should easily be able to reach my goal of 4-500.

The car is down right now though, it needs a stronger clutch and my motor started showing signs of rod knock. So im reworking my setup on a freshly rebuilt JDM motor.

So does Todd still race his RS? I saw he got it down to a 15.3X but that was a while ago. Did he ever make it into the 14s NA?

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

eclipse_99rsApr-01-06 09:31 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#6675, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 11

No i dont think he gotten into the 14's yet, I also havnt been seeing much of him lately around here.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-03-06 06:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#6751, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 12

I remember you.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

vegasdsmrApr-03-06 08:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#6760, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 13

i remember.....

cheers

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

KirbyApr-03-06 11:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#6778, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 14

No Tony we don't remember you, and btw modern performance came up with the 60mm tb idea, k thanks...lol How the hell are you brother, looks like the supra is in effect...

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

fauchpjApr-05-06 01:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#6884, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 15

whats up toney

1TuffRSApr-07-06 10:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#7128, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 16
Apr-07-06 10:46 AM by 1TuffRS

Thanks for the love guys, I remember each and everyone of you. Its a shame that you guys have all sold your cars, but I know all about moving on and moving up when it comes to performance. So darkone, how much power are you putting down now?

And kirby, my buddy and I did start the 60mm TB conversion phenomena. We started modifying jeep tb to fit the eclipse a few months before your buddies started making those 60mm tb at modern performance. Hell we stopped making them due to complaints that were basically unfounded. If my partner hadnt given up on it, we would probably still be selling them. We got our info off of a site made for neon owners looking to upgrade their tb's with jeep tb's way way back. We were doing those upgrades about a yr and a half b4 my car was totaled in Oct of 2003, it just started becoming popular about a yr b4 it was totaled. But thats neither here nor there. So how much power is your car putting down now kirby?

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-09-06 08:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#7232, "RE: Just saying hello"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by 1TuffRS
So darkone, how much power are you putting down now?

Dunno, but its a 2.4L cammed boosted beast with a MS standalone on it. It's got potential, just needs love.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #6648 Previous topic | Next topic