Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48990
View in linear mode

Subject: "A new toy/tool (same thing, right?)" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorCODE4Jan-18-15 03:52 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48990, "A new toy/tool (same thing, right?)"
Jan-18-15 03:55 PM by CODE4

After working with a borrowed Everlast 200 DX Tig welder for almost a year, I have nearly frustrated myself to no end dealing with the shit foot pedal, low duty cycle, noisy fan, and analog controls. Do not get me wrong - for a well featured TIG welder (albeit a Chinese made one) for about a $1k, the average DIYer would be well satisfied. Unfortunately I use Millers all the time at work and the difference, even down to the arc starts and stability, are obvious between them.

Pictures are big, and I am not resizing them, add the letter g to the url

http://zero-signal.org/weld/dynasty_280DX_3.jp g
http://zero-signal.org/weld/dynasty_280DX_4.jp g
http://zero-signal.org/weld/dynasty_280DX_5.jp g
http://zero-signal.org/weld/dynasty_280DX_6.jp g

Grabbed up a Miller Dynasty 280DX that I have been lusting after for over 6 months. I got the machine only, as the TIG runner cart is garbage for what they retail it as, and their water cooler, though simple and self contained, is also over priced. I already have some sketches made up for a custom stainless cart & DIY water cooler.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorxcasbonxJan-19-15 09:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48991, "RE: A new toy/tool (same thing, right?)"
In response to Reply # 0

Hell yeah, have fun with that.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fallen4ng31Jan-20-15 07:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#48992, "RE: A new toy/tool (same thing, right?)"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll admit I know very little about these... What's the SD slot for?

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

AdministratorCODE4Jan-20-15 07:04 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#48993, "RE: A new toy/tool (same thing, right?)"
In response to Reply # 2

Firmware updates, and expansion abilities if you want some extra bells and whistles

---

2012 2500HD LML

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-16-15 08:43 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#49018, "RE: A new toy/tool (same thing, right?)"
In response to Reply # 3

Save a few bucks for when it goes through a motherboard. My 200DX just failed a month back. Dynasty series are known for it and its about 1100+ to repair it. Just the price of having one of the best!

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48990 Previous topic | Next topic