Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48930
View in linear mode

Subject: "Custom Fabricated Parts" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTJun-30-14 02:21 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48930, "Custom Fabricated Parts"

Looking to see what people are in the market for in relation to custom made parts for the 420a.

I did some front/rear solid engine mounts that are almost gone for the time being, and a lot of people said they wanted them, and never came through.

Im on the bridge of possibly making an intake manifold that will bolt to the lower OE runner, but not sure if anyone out there is really looking for replacement Intakes any longer.

Thoughts/Idea's of realistic parts that you would like to see and are willing to pay for.

Thanks.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Custom Fabricated Parts, ez, Jun-30-14 07:58 PM, #1
RE: Custom Fabricated Parts, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-30-14 08:05 PM, #2
      RE: Custom Fabricated Parts, ez, Jul-01-14 07:32 PM, #3
      RE: Custom Fabricated Parts, TheRedBarren, Jul-01-14 09:08 PM, #4
      RE: Custom Fabricated Parts, Fallen4ng31, Jul-02-14 07:05 AM, #5
           RE: Custom Fabricated Parts, TheRedBarren, Jul-04-14 10:16 AM, #6
                RE: Custom Fabricated Parts, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-07-14 07:15 AM, #7

ezJun-30-14 07:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48933, "RE: Custom Fabricated Parts"
In response to Reply # 0

For weight fanatics like me, I'd be in the market for items that replace stock brackets but without the weight. Like part 62063, those weigh a bunch, an aluminum square pipe replacement would save a bunch and seems easy to fab. Or even aluminum IC piping that replaces the hrc hardware. Simple stuff that takes off 15 lbs here, 15 lbs there. I dont know if my goals resonate with others on this board though.
I hate solid motor mounts, the vibration gets annoying real quick.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTJun-30-14 08:05 PM
6314 posts,
#48934, "RE: Custom Fabricated Parts"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by ez
For weight fanatics like me, I'd be in the market for items that replace stock brackets but without the weight. Like part 62063, those weigh a bunch, an aluminum square pipe replacement would save a bunch and seems easy to fab. Or even aluminum IC piping that replaces the hrc hardware. Simple stuff that takes off 15 lbs here, 15 lbs there. I dont know if my goals resonate with others on this board though. I hate solid motor mounts, the vibration gets annoying real quick.

What is the part for pn 62063? My PN is not uploading. I could do HRC ic piping in aluminum but someone would have to send a set to me.....

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ezJul-01-14 07:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#48937, "RE: Custom Fabricated Parts"
In response to Reply # 2

Link here http://www.2gnt.com/CAPS/main42/main42sub010.html

Imagine all the accessory brackets in the engine bay out of aluminum, light battery tray that can hold a small deka battery, aluminum IC pipes, what that would add up to weight wise.

What i would buy today - fog light replacement covers. They dont need to be cf. Simple small thing to make from fiberglass. Dsmtooner guys would love them too.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

TheRedBarrenJul-01-14 09:08 PM
Member since Oct 02nd 2007
61 posts,
#48938, "RE: Custom Fabricated Parts"
In response to Reply # 3

I might need some fab work done on a AMM intake from a neon if I can get ahold of this guy. Need to flip the flange 180.

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

Fallen4ng31Jul-02-14 07:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#48939, "RE: Custom Fabricated Parts"
In response to Reply # 2
Jul-03-14 06:17 AM by Fallen4ng31

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
I could do HRC ic piping in aluminum but someone would have to send a set to me.....

I have a brand new set I may be willing to offer up for this. What's in t for me?

Nevermind, Had a brain fart there. Mine is for 4G powered cars.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

TheRedBarrenJul-04-14 10:16 AM
Member since Oct 02nd 2007
61 posts,
#48941, "RE: Custom Fabricated Parts"
In response to Reply # 5

I would possibly be interested in an intake. I would prefer it to have the curved section of the lower runner cut off and welded to the plenum, so it would be straight.

Any pictures of some sample work?

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

eclipse982nrRSTJul-07-14 07:15 AM
6314 posts,
#48944, "RE: Custom Fabricated Parts"
In response to Reply # 6
Jul-07-14 07:20 AM by eclipse982nrRST

Originally posted by TheRedBarren
I would possibly be interested in an intake. I would prefer it to have the curved section of the lower runner cut off and welded to the plenum, so it would be straight. Any pictures of some sample work?

I could do that. Would you want the lower section ported and polished as well? Or something you would like to do yourself?

With it being straight off with no curve in the runners, do you have any concern about battery/tray clearance?

Maybe a modified pipe to go along with the intake?

Edit: Here would be what I am thinking of using for the plenum

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48930 Previous topic | Next topic