Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48854
View in linear mode

Subject: "DSM Graveyard" Previous topic | Next topic
1gr8420aJan-23-14 04:25 AM
Member since Dec 04th 2011
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48854, "DSM Graveyard"

I Know most of veterans with the 420a/2gnt are aware of DSM graveyard and some of the bad experiences people have had with them. I am now on a "Don't Buy from DSM Graveyard" Campaign until I receive a refund of the parts that were damaged and not installed .. I had them build me a Crate engine a little over a year ago I got my engine in 11/12 and moved from California to Kansas. before I sent them my core, Sealed Power Pistons and B&P OEM rods were already installed but I spun a bearing because I never had the crank machined or "miched" at least I am assuming that was the case.. at any rate I bought STD size Sealed Power pistons and hasting rings and had a problem so I contacted them and worked out a deal for a "crate engine" and upgraded to hypereutectic pistons. The engine was fairly basic from there oem water pump melling, oil pump, ARP headstuds were also apart of the deal as well.
When I got my motor I did not have a Rear main seal installed or with it or my dip stick assembly, oil filter housing and ARP headstuds were not installed. OEM studs were in place at any rate the motor seem to run good for about 200 miles it got slightly worse from there a slight knock when warming up went to a constant and loud knock while warming up. I tore the motor down last weekend..

This is what I found amongst alot of other things. I am asking the 2gnt community to look at this video and send a link to you're friends spread the word about these crooks. Please "like" the video thanks guys

http://youtu.be/PJR4LoIDoAM

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Jan-23-14 05:42 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48855, "RE: DSM Graveyard"
In response to Reply # 0

Make sure post threads in the correct section.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorxcasbonxJan-23-14 06:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#48856, "RE: DSM Graveyard"
In response to Reply # 1

It sucks man. Though I'm honestly not surprised at all at your results. You're not the first unfortunately, and probably not the last to get screwed by these guys. It's fairly known in the community that these guys half-ass a lot of things if not everything. However, I commend your work in pointing out your experience with these guys.

I contributed to the Wiki.

1gr8420aJan-25-14 01:23 AM
Member since Dec 04th 2011
2 posts,
#48861, "RE: DSM Graveyard"
In response to Reply # 2

also forgot to mention it looks like they over torqued the Cam tower bolts and the cams have major scaring. where the bearing caps sat over them. I have reached out to them but, have they have not returned my call.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48854 Previous topic | Next topic