Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48515
View in linear mode

Subject: "iPhone 5 or Galaxy s3" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTSep-21-12 04:20 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48515, "Poll question: iPhone 5 or Galaxy s3"

So it seems the two hottest phones now are the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Apple iPhone 5. I have had a windows 7 Samsung Focus for about 2 years now and love it but its time for an upgrade, so I figured I would ask around the 2gnt community for their opinions. It seems like everyone and their mom and kids have iphones or apple products, so I am assuming these things are great. My wife just purchased the iphone 5 which came in the mail today, but sometimes I like getting other opinions rather than just family and locals. So, vote and share your comments please. Thanks!

Poll result (13 votes)
iPhone (3 votes)Vote
Galaxy (10 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

freelancefoolOct-03-12 07:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48519, "RE: iPhone 5 or Galaxy s3"
In response to Reply # 0

If you buy an iPhone 5, check it for scratches out of the box.
Make sure you understand the serious shortcomings with the Maps app.
Find out if they have fixed the Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
If you buy a white one, check and make sure that light isn't leaking through the cover around the bezel before you leave the store.
www.spigen.com sells awesome thin cases for the phone.

If you buy an S3, understand that you need to use the back button to close out apps. TouchWiz has issues with 20-30 apps running in the background.
Understand that you will be tied to Google somewhat closely as long as you have the phone.
www.spigen.com sells awesome thin cases for the phone.

I'm a huge Android fan, but both phones have their merits. The iPhone 5 released with some issues that I am sure Apple will address soon. Just know what you are getting into with either phone. www.xda-developers.com and www.phonescoop.com might help with your decision.

XDA has terrible posters. Phonescoop has terrible posters. Take all advice on the Internet with a lot of salt. Mine included.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48515 Previous topic | Next topic