Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48448
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!" Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-03-12 07:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48448, "Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!"

16 year old kid, killed by a falling car.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Teen-killed-when-car-falls-on-him-3758752.php

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!, Fotowntalon, Aug-03-12 08:45 AM, #1
RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!, bluespunk, Aug-03-12 12:06 PM, #2
RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!, ModeratorVX100, Aug-05-12 09:14 AM, #3
      RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!, iamnotwhoiam, Aug-07-12 06:50 AM, #4
           RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!, Remy, Aug-07-12 12:57 PM, #5
                RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!, DanKid, Aug-12-12 07:07 PM, #6
                RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!, TeamDR1665, Aug-19-12 12:38 PM, #7
                RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-21-12 12:49 PM, #8

FotowntalonAug-03-12 08:45 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48451, "RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!"
In response to Reply # 0

Always one of my fears, I always use jack stands, and then put the jack up to it so its touching, just for extra safety encase a jack stand fails.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bluespunkAug-03-12 12:06 PM
Member since Apr 08th 2008
98 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#48452, "RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!"
In response to Reply # 1

I second this. I had to learn about jack stands the hard way. The jack tipped and my RS fell on my arm while changing my first tire and pinned my arm between the tire and wheel well. I got lucky and it just bruised the soft tissue around my elbow. It did put a quarter inch deep divet in the skin on the side of my elbow the size and shape of a bolt on the wheel well. Stayed there for months as a reminder before it healed completely.

ModeratorVX100Aug-05-12 09:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#48453, "RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!"
In response to Reply # 1

I do the exact same thing, a stand or two (depends on what I am doing) and I leave the jack there as well, just in case.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

iamnotwhoiamAug-07-12 06:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#48454, "RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!"
In response to Reply # 3

and.... not only because it saves space, but if taking off the tires/wheels slide them flat under the sides of the car next to the jack stands.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

RemyAug-07-12 12:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#48455, "RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!"
In response to Reply # 4

I had a car fall on me several years ago. If it wasnt for Jerrome (Bigbald21) I would be dead as door nail.

10 MB C300- Family Car
07 MB CLK350 - Daily Driver
03 Evo VIII GSR - Weekend Warrior
04 Evo VIII RS - Weekend Warrior (sold)
95 TSI AWD-500+hp- sold (huge mistake))
95 Eclipse (First NYC turbo'd 420a) sold
6 other dsms sold or parted out.

CornBread Racing
R.I.P Shane aka Cornbread.
Racing will never be the same with out you brother.

DanKidAug-12-12 07:07 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#48459, "RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Remy
I had a car fall on me several years ago. If it wasnt for Jerrome (Bigbald21) I would be dead as door nail.
Details on what happened?

I always put a set of jack stands, a car jack on each side and a huge tree stump that's been in my back yard for years whenever I go underneath my car to do work.

TeamDR1665Aug-19-12 12:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#48460, "RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!"
In response to Reply # 5

Oh shit. Remy is back? WOW.

What. Is. Up.

ModeratorbullettdsmAug-21-12 12:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#48473, "RE: Just a reminder to ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS!"
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-21-12 12:50 PM by bullettdsm

I came out of nowhere and posted up a surprise comment just before the Shoot Out and then I went back to hiding

Dude! I thought you died and went to Honda heaven or something.

What's what?

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48448 Previous topic | Next topic