Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48018
View in linear mode

Subject: "1995 eagle talon esi. I am new to this so bear with me please." Previous topic | Next topic
greggyd83Feb-28-12 08:23 PM
Member since Feb 28th 2012
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48018, "1995 eagle talon esi. I am new to this so bear with me please."

I was recently given a 1995 eagle talon esi. It has a 2.0 fourcylinder motor in it that is blew up. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what would be the cheapest way to get it fixed? I would also like to know if it would be hard to turn the esi into a tsi and how exspensive? I am looking for a salvaged or wrecked car with a good motor but I had heard that the plymouth laser motor would work in this car, is this true? My talon is a 2nd generation.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-29-12 06:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48019, "RE: 1995 eagle talon esi. I am new to this so bear with me please."
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-29-12 06:55 AM by xcasbonx

Originally posted by greggyd83
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what would be the cheapest way to get it fixed?

Your request is far too vague. To begin, we don't even know what is wrong with the car.

I would also like to know if it would be hard to turn the esi into a tsi and how exspensive?

Very hard, very expensive, and very time consuming for the average person. If you want a TSi I suggest buying one. The topic of swapping a 4g63 into a 2gnt has been beaten to death. It's just not a sound idea when you can go out and buy one cheaper than it would cost to do the swap.

I am looking for a salvaged or wrecked car with a good motor but I had heard that the plymouth laser motor would work in this car, is this true? My talon is a 2nd generation.

Short answer is no. What you heard is "true" to an extent, with enough time and money a swap like this could be done, but again the type of person who would even attempt to do this has at least a decade of experience in mechanics, metal work/welding, etc...it's just not a feasible option for the average person.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ezMar-01-12 12:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#48020, "RE: 1995 eagle talon esi. I am new to this so bear with me please."
In response to Reply # 1

xbox gave a very thorough answer, though let me clarify that you don't need to convert to a tsi if you want a turbo. You can add a turbo to your esi. Since you are going to rebuild the engine anyway (I'm assuming) you can plan on a setup that is turbo-friendly.

It will cost money, and you might just as well buy a turbo 2g off craigslist for the same amount of money. It's up to you. Since you are starting out with an essentially free car, I suggest you make it a project and spend a couple weeks reading everything you can on this forum before spending a cent.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48018 Previous topic | Next topic