Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47948
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hello 2GNT....I am still alive" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-05-12 05:59 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47948, "Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"

Wanted to say hello to everyone, Glad to see your still plugin away and hope everyone is well. My 2012 has started out fantastically and I hope yours is too.

Lot of things new in Chicagoland....Caught up with Steve Martinez and Kulaga lately, both are doing good. Steve has shifted his focus to the F-bodies and Kulaga is on Vette #2.

I spend a great deal of my time last year flying a squirrel suit....yes I am not one of those. Learned a lot and hope to be on the World record formation this September in Perris Valley CA.

I did manage to spend some time in the garage as well. I have 2 roll cages under my belt already (cust cars), bending and forming is a lot of fun but its def nerve racking when your having a bad day. I didnt really take many pictures, they were both budget cages, no swing outs ect.

I spent a great deal of time on learning head work. From setting up valve train and maintaining geometry to porting. I def have no interest in porting...lol Flow bench work and calculations is so much fun and i cant wait to start another set of heads.

The Superbee is doing very well, I have already maxed out the 110GPH setup and I am trying to get the next setup finished in the next day or so. Once I get more fuel to it I am hoping for even better numbers. I have started the next motor project as well.....its going to be a dyno toy for a while and I dont quite have all the detials figured out. So Far I almost have the block work done and the pistons came back from the coating shop in South Carolina last week. Going for a 500 Cu In stroker on this one. The chassis of the Bee will never handle it unless I cage it and put a ladder bar/9inch in the rear......Not wanting to do that leaves me searching for a good chassis to build.

The Eclipse is officially over and back to stock for the most part. It was difficult choice but I have done exactly what I set out to do in the beginning. Peak HP ending up being just over 400 at the wheels in 60* weather with 30% humidity. Not bad considering the cams ect. On the track i hated the car.....I really did. I was always fighting the timing and torque. I refused to give up the advanced map I had but at the same time I couldnt keep the torque down. Best run i ever got was in the mid 12's (i know I cant drive) and it broke free many times. I found at 4500 the car really came alive and it was fun while it lasted. Last time the car was out I finally started to break things. I didnt retune after last summer heat and sure enough it leaned just enough to show me......Blew a tower right off the MSD coil and smoked 1 channel of the igniton box. I got pissed and called it quits. Fow what its worth......the 420A will drive on 2 cylinders!

Motor is still in the car but the rest is pulled. Thanks go out to Miller for help acquiring all the factory parts. The eclipse will become the Daily in the spring.

Kalugas car lasted 188,000 miles beofre i re-ringed the motor and its still kickin. Chassis has tiny rust spots on the towers so its pretty much over for that car. In the spring I will prolly sell it or junk it...who knows

Picked up another LT1 Z28.....prolly make that a nice summer driver while I look for a newer truck to haul the cars around with.

Family is doing well with the exception of a couple deaths last year, both expected. My middle sister has her first child, she is happy. I have moved on to G/F #42...lol

Enough of me.......What is new with all of you?

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, Slo2g, Feb-05-12 09:17 PM, #1
RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-05-12 10:19 PM, #2
      RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, ez, Feb-06-12 12:26 AM, #3
           RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-06-12 12:36 AM, #4
                RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, Moderatormicyek, Feb-06-12 06:52 AM, #5
                     RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-06-12 07:07 AM, #6
                          RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-06-12 09:06 AM, #7
                               RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, 420agreenvilleSC, Feb-06-12 10:57 AM, #8
                                    RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-06-12 12:37 PM, #9
                                         RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, 420agreenvilleSC, Feb-06-12 02:54 PM, #10
                                              RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, John99RS, Feb-06-12 06:39 PM, #11
RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, dalesmitsu, Feb-09-12 08:06 PM, #12
RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-10-12 09:08 AM, #13
      RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, ModeratorVX100, Feb-11-12 05:01 PM, #14
           RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, barza21, Feb-14-12 01:36 PM, #15
                RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, MiztahfooLish, Mar-19-12 11:57 PM, #16
                     RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, TeamDR1665, Mar-22-12 12:14 PM, #17
                          RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, Fallen4ng31, Mar-22-12 01:38 PM, #18
                               RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, TeamDR1665, Mar-22-12 02:11 PM, #19
                                    RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, Moderatorxcasbonx, Mar-23-12 05:57 AM, #20
                                         RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, TeamDR1665, Mar-23-12 08:14 AM, #21
                                              RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-27-12 06:19 AM, #22
                                                   RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, TeamDR1665, Mar-27-12 07:18 AM, #23
                                                        RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, 97whitESi, Apr-29-12 11:11 PM, #24
                                                             RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, TKI, Jul-20-12 09:39 AM, #25
                                                                  RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, TeamDR1665, Jul-20-12 09:46 AM, #26
                                                                       RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive, CopperEclipse96, Aug-31-12 09:34 PM, #27

Slo2gFeb-05-12 09:17 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47949, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-05-12 09:21 PM by Slo2g

Glad everything is going well for you Terry and you should make a build thread on your superbee or what ever you decide to throw that 500 CI into.

EDIT: You still making fuel rails and what not for the 2g cars case by case or you not messing with that anymore?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-05-12 10:19 PM
8331 posts,
#47950, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 1

I was just thinking about fuel rails on the way to work today.....I will prolly make a run of them after march 1st. Just have so much going on this month with my own shit and some work for a customer restoration project. I started doing a lot of side work and its getting demanding. I keep dodging the guy who wants to FI his antique buick!

ezFeb-06-12 12:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#47951, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 2

Welcome back Terry! Looks like you are going to be coming out here for your Perris jump. That's just wild stuff. People around these parts seem to just go through the generic lifestyle -> marriage->kids->mortgage bla bla bla.

I'll be looking for you in the skies above cali

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-06-12 12:36 AM
8331 posts,
#47952, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-06-12 05:38 AM by Star Turbo Talon

Careful, i might be on your operating table! My risk taking behavior has been getting me into trouble. We will def have to grab a beer. There is a skills camp in May but not sure if I will be going to that one or not.

I can pick up my brakes when I get out there too since you keep forgetting the ship them....lmao

ModeratormicyekFeb-06-12 06:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#47953, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 4

Cool to see you around. I wondered what happened to you. I'm a dad now...twins!

Glad to here your doing good!

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-06-12 07:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#47954, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 5

Nice to know what you've been up to and how things are going Terry.

As for me, I've been living the dad life now. 24/7. My daughter just turned 3 this weekend, and my son was born back in Sept/2011. So I suppose I have that "generic lifestyle" as EZ states. Kids, mortgage....no marriage...yet lol.

This spring I am taking the plunge into the Megasquirt world. Installing a MS2 unit and WBo2 in the next month or so. No turbo yet, but someday I'll get there.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-06-12 09:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#47955, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 6

Welcome back man.

I have a daughter due in April. That's about my only big news.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

420agreenvilleSCFeb-06-12 10:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#47956, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 7

nice to see you back.. just don't ban me.. lol

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-06-12 12:37 PM
8331 posts,
#47957, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 8

Wow, everyone with kids.....congrats.

Kent...Twins.....holy shit man I dont envy you! lol

Mikey, I heard your life hasnt been exactly easy the past year or so.....sorry to hear that and I do feel for ya.

420agreenvilleSCFeb-06-12 02:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#47958, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Mikey, I heard your life hasnt been exactly easy the past year or so.....sorry to hear that and I do feel for ya.

Separated w/ brooke after nearly 9 yrs. She cheated a second time - 2 months into the engagement. I mean who does that... After that, she kept contacting me - trying to keep me in her life. Finally 2 yrs after trying to cease communication w/ her, I've found someone new. Hardest thing of my life but things are better than ever with my new girl - Emily.

thanks for your condolences man, i appreciate it. i'm actually doing my first tandem jump feb 23 in tampa FL.. we'll see how it goes! glad to have you back man

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

John99RSFeb-06-12 06:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#47959, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 10

Hey man....nice to see old schoolers drop by now and then. Glad all is well.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

dalesmitsuFeb-09-12 08:06 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#47970, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 0

That's awesome. Terry.

Is that the team who did the famous Olympic's rings.

I bet you feel like batman, wear the squirrel suit. Stunts for the Dark Knight they mentioned about it, to make batman fly.

Did you yell, Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Weeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Pure. Adrenaline.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-10-12 09:08 AM
8331 posts,
#47971, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 12
Feb-10-12 09:09 AM by Star Turbo Talon

No Dale, that video is us, I am the one with the full face helmet and tinted visor (its cool in flight becuase you cant see my face). Its a compilation of our footage from last year. To date there arent any public wingsuit teams. Corporate teams there is the Red Bull Air Force team and there is a Skydive Dubai XRW Team. XRW is where you mix Canopy and Wingsuit flying....very new concept. I have jumped with Miles Daisher of the Red Bull team.....one of the coolest people I can say that I know.

The Team we have formed is an experimental Public competition team. There is one other team forming but everythign is kinda kept quiet right now. Not that its a secret, all of us just want to make sure we can accomplish things before we claim to be a Demo/competition team.

Flying a wingsuit is very different than falling out of the sky like a meat rocket. Your actually flying forward at 100-130MPH. I have been able to slow my vertical decent down as slow as 40MPH but that is my max. At that point I can anly sustain flight for 2-2.5 minutes before I have issues with muscle fatigue. Like all benefits there are downsides. Wingsuits have a potential to go bad very easily and when they do.....its REAL FUCKING BAD.

Your internal clock gets all fucked up since you get used to flying for 2 minutes before deployment. If i jump without a wingsuit.....its like I am getting out of the plane and pulling right away.

Wingsuits are very restrictive, I cant raise my hands above my shoulders until I unzip the arms....if i open and the chute isnt right......there isnt much I can do but go for the reserve. Opening malfunctions are extremely easy becuase you are still moving forward when you deploy.

Going unstable is very scary. I have had a couple bad flights where I almost puked spinning around in circles. Upon deployment I could task puke in my throat. There arent make emergency procedures when you lose control of it.....All you can do is collapse the arms and tail and if that dont work, Ball up and throw the canopy out. Then cut away the mess you create and deploy the reserve. Thats not a great concept to me!

The other issue I am having is that when in flight i dont want to deploy. It becomes a game to see how low you can take it. Your body has a natural instinct to survive and no matter how much you want to go further, your body doesnt. I have numerous flights where I have taken it down to 1500 feet. Its one hell of a rush. One guy I fly with kind of freaked out on me because he was under canopy watching me go lower and lower; i havent done it much since then.

ModeratorVX100Feb-11-12 05:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#47972, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 13

Glad to hear you're hanging in there.

As for me, eh nothing special I guess. I've got a ralliart now as my daily driver. Still race the eclipse. Took 2nd place at the last import event at NED. The Eclipse runs just fine but needs more work, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I had to spend some money on winter tires for the ralliart so that took up my recent funding for anything for the eclipse. Looking forward the shootout this year as I haven't gone in 2 years; just having a hard time deciding which car to bring.

No kids with wifey, just two cats, both devon rexes. They are like furry kids that jump on everything and poop in a box I guess

Work, eh, been at the same place for almost 4 years now, they still pay me, and it's a pretty decent living.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

barza21Feb-14-12 01:36 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
#47975, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 14

Nice to hear from you Terry. Hope everything keeps going well. Definitely keep us updated on the Superbee project.

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

MiztahfooLishMar-19-12 11:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
860 posts,
#48049, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 15

I'm still alive as well, how's everyone!?

1995 RS-T @ 6psi......daily driver

Custom Stage 2 Turbo, Autometer gauges, K&N filter, 60MM Jeep TB, p&p intake manifold, 3" SS exhaust, test pipe, home-made polyurethane motor mounts & ES bushings, short shifter, Greddy shift knob, crankscraper

1999 GST......almost stock!

hard i/c pipes, intake, Greddy BOV, Greddy EVO 60mm catback exhaust, 3" SS downpipe, Autometer gauges

"Originally posted by DR1665
...Harry. My car topped out at 140 this morning. I need "turvo." Two of 'em. And Harry, I need the glue to be dry by tonight. Lata"

TeamDR1665Mar-22-12 12:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#48070, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 16

Good to see you're still alive and kicking, Terry. Flying squirrel suit stuff is pretty bad ass. If only you didn't need the airplane (or a mountain) to get airborne, right?

I am still alive too.

The 92 GVR4 is sold and I'm in the process of replacing the engine.

Just took delivery of my new daily this past weekend.

1989 Dodge Raider (aka: Gen I Pajero/Montero/Shogun). It's like the Eagle Talon of SUVs, only G54B-powered (carby). Rolling a set of well-used 31" Geolandar M/Ts on Gen II Monty wheels. Pretty sure it's got a Starion LSD out back and a set of Australian crawler gears in the 4L tcase.

Gearbox Magazine has been hacked three times in the last year, but we're all healed up and looking toward 10,000 unique visitors per month by summer.

Also, this summer Vanessa and I are off to the EU to meet up with Evo owners in London, my GBXM business partner in The Netherlands, and attend the largest Mitsubishi meet in Germany outside Berlin. I think they might be making us honorary club members!

On top of that, we're two months into our three month beta on Penmanshift.com, which is revealing all kinds of bugs in the program. It's looking like our automotive journalism workshop might evolve into more a self-service professional association by summer.

We've picked up two new admins on Gearheads United - Janine from CCDSM and Jason from Australia - and that's starting to get traction. Very excited.

But not as excited about any of this so much as I am that we're having a baby. Due date is mid-October to mid-November. Thanksgiving is going to be EPIC at the DR1665 house this year.

Thanks for posting this thread, Terry. We need an "I'm still alive" thread!

Fallen4ng31Mar-22-12 01:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#48071, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 17

Holy sweet flyin' fuck, I never thought I'd see another Raider... Well I hoped I'd never see another Raider, anyway... I was in one when I was 16, the driver rolled it.

The artificial horizon in the dash is a nice touch though, doncha' think?

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

TeamDR1665Mar-22-12 02:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#48072, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
Holy sweet flyin' fuck, I never thought I'd see another Raider... Well I hoped I'd never see another Raider, anyway... I was in one when I was 16, the driver rolled it. The artificial horizon in the dash is a nice touch though, doncha' think?

Funny thing about that gauge, back in 1989, we had a family friend who bought a black Raider and came to visit from Seattle. I remember thinking how cool that gauge was... now I have one.

Only had the truck 4 days so far and...
+ The guy I bought my second GVR4 from has two Gen I Montys
+ There's a local group of about half a dozen Mitsubishi 4X4 guys who actively go crawlin'.

So stoked.

ModeratorxcasbonxMar-23-12 05:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#48074, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 19

Congrats B & V. Joining the ranks of 2GNT Dad-life soon haha.

I contributed to the Wiki.

TeamDR1665Mar-23-12 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#48075, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by xcasbonx
Congrats B & V. Joining the ranks of 2GNT Dad-life soon haha.

You know it. Can you imagine the Shootout in a couple years? Kids everywhere. "Not know, Junior. Daddy's drinking."

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-27-12 06:19 AM
8331 posts,
#48083, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 21

Congrats, that is fantastic news.....all of it!

I envy your trip to london.....I want to go to Europe so bad right now.

TeamDR1665Mar-27-12 07:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#48084, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Congrats, that is fantastic news.....all of it! I envy your trip to london.....I want to go to Europe so bad right now.

Find some skydivers over there, Terry. That or muscle car guys. They'll hook you up. It's just like the Shootout, really. You get on a plane, they take it from there. I think you'd have a blast in the old country, brother. I can see you getting lit in some small, Irish pub, singing along with the whole bar after a day of "exit row seating" on small aircraft.

97whitESiApr-29-12 11:11 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#48224, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 23

this site still exists?

....and still uses the same bizarre software it did 7 years ago?

holy shit!

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

TKIJul-20-12 09:39 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
#48429, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 24

I'm glad to see it's still around. I've haven't been on here in some time. I'm really surprised to see a lot of the same people too. After all these years, I'm looking at purchasing another DSM. I've dearly missed my other ones I had, and am hoping to pick up this super nice '92 GSX that's local.

Other than that, I've gotten married and had a kid. Total life changer right there, haha.

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

TeamDR1665Jul-20-12 09:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#48430, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 25

Welcome back, dude. Congrats on the new family.

Watch out for that 4G63. They bite!

CopperEclipse96Aug-31-12 09:34 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#48476, "RE: Hello 2GNT....I am still alive"
In response to Reply # 26

I'm still alive! Not sure if anyone remembers me, since I wasn't as active a member as a lot of you, but I recognize a lot of names in this thread. I stop by to creep every now and then.

I'm currently rolling around in a supercharged S2000, and it is a hell of a lot of fun.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47948 Previous topic | Next topic