Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47824
View in linear mode

Subject: "Opinion on rims!" Previous topic | Next topic
TurbchargdSpydrDec-20-11 10:25 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47824, "Opinion on rims!"

18x7.5 Katana zr5 wheels.
Couple questions:
1) Anyone ever have Katana rims?
2) What do you guys think?
3) Anyone know any rims that look similar?(the twin 5 spoke design)?
Thanks

I attached a photo of them on a neon!

BTW: On my 2g, I have the same rims in 19" and they look amazing other than the fact that my turning radius is shot and my tires look deflated all the time :/ I would love to trade mine for a pair of 18's.

Last of a dying breed...

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Opinion on rims!, barza21, Dec-20-11 10:34 PM, #1
RE: Opinion on rims!, Slo2g, Dec-20-11 10:49 PM, #2
      RE: Opinion on rims!, barza21, Dec-20-11 11:56 PM, #3
           RE: Opinion on rims!, Slo2g, Dec-21-11 07:23 AM, #4
                RE: Opinion on rims!, barza21, Dec-22-11 06:58 PM, #5
                     RE: Opinion on rims!, ez, Dec-22-11 11:15 PM, #6
                          RE: Opinion on rims!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-23-11 03:40 AM, #7

barza21Dec-20-11 10:34 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47825, "RE: Opinion on rims!"
In response to Reply # 0

Mo, I have 18x7.5 and have no problems with them. If I had a choice of buying wheels again, I wouldn't buy anything bigger than 17" and nothing less than 8" wide. I have my reasons for thinking that way.

That being said, wheels are a personal opinion type deal. Everybody can offer their opinion, but you might only listen to the ones that kinda agree with you.

That wasn't much help, but just thought I should share my opinion

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gDec-20-11 10:49 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#47826, "RE: Opinion on rims!"
In response to Reply # 1

I would absolutely LOVE to get my hands on a set of Evolution X MR BBS wheels. 18x8.5 iirc. And they look SICK imo

barza21Dec-20-11 11:56 PM
313 posts,
#47827, "RE: Opinion on rims!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Slo2g
I would absolutely LOVE to get my hands on a set of Evolution X MR BBS wheels. 18x8.5 iirc. And they look SICK imo

Those would look nice. Wonder how those would fit on our cars.

Attachment #1, ( file)

Slo2gDec-21-11 07:23 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#47828, "RE: Opinion on rims!"
In response to Reply # 3

barza21Dec-22-11 06:58 PM
313 posts,
#47841, "RE: Opinion on rims!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Slo2g

I need a new change of underwear. I want those

ezDec-22-11 11:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#47842, "RE: Opinion on rims!"
In response to Reply # 5

In my opinion I think one should always choose a wheel based on its weight instead of its looks. Get the lightest wheel in your price range. You are rewarded with better acceleration, better braking, and better handling.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-23-11 03:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#47843, "RE: Opinion on rims!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by ez
In my opinion I think one should always choose a wheel based on its weight instead of its looks. Get the lightest wheel in your price range. You are rewarded with better acceleration, better braking, and better handling.

QFT.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47824 Previous topic | Next topic