Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47588
View in linear mode

Subject: "Malachi will LIVE!" Previous topic | Next topic
RoninEclipse2GOct-26-11 06:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47588, "Malachi will LIVE!"
Oct-26-11 06:24 PM by RoninEclipse2G

So Farmers shot me some numbers that weren't a complete slap in the face. While I would have liked more, I really don't feel like taking things to court.

So I took Malachi to a local body shop with excellent reviews and had them quote me what it would cost to fix JUST the sheetmetal damage. The plan was that if the estimate came in at a healthy margin under the money they were giving me, then I would get him fixed.

They came back with an estimate of $860.

PERFECT.

I have a fresh suspension up under my parts car that I can swap myself, so $0 parts cost there. I will use some of the leftover money to fix some of the other issues he has, maybe finally repalce my Eibachs.

So right now Mal is sitting at the body shop waiting for them to get through their backlog. In the mean time I shall be rounding up the parts I need to put him back together and pulling the spare suspension.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Malachi will LIVE!, Moderatorteklein, Oct-27-11 04:05 AM, #1
RE: Malachi will LIVE!, Moderatorxcasbonx, Oct-27-11 05:58 AM, #2
RE: Malachi will LIVE!, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-27-11 08:09 AM, #3
      RE: Malachi will LIVE!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-27-11 12:11 PM, #4
      RE: Malachi will LIVE!, dalesmitsu, Oct-30-11 05:50 AM, #5
           RE: Malachi will LIVE!, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-30-11 09:47 AM, #6
      RE: Malachi will LIVE!, dalesmitsu, Nov-17-11 04:58 PM, #12
           RE: Malachi will LIVE!, RoninEclipse2G, Nov-17-11 05:11 PM, #13
                RE: Malachi will LIVE!, RoninEclipse2G, Nov-18-11 05:57 PM, #14
                     RE: Malachi will LIVE!, dalesmitsu, Nov-19-11 08:00 PM, #15
                          RE: Malachi will LIVE!, RoninEclipse2G, Nov-19-11 09:14 PM, #16
                               RE: Malachi will LIVE!, RoninEclipse2G, Dec-14-11 06:30 PM, #17
RE: Malachi will LIVE!, djtrickee, Nov-03-11 11:53 AM, #7
RE: Malachi will LIVE!, RoninEclipse2G, Nov-03-11 03:10 PM, #8
      RE: Malachi will LIVE!, RoninEclipse2G, Nov-16-11 04:50 PM, #9
           RE: Malachi will LIVE!, dalesmitsu, Nov-16-11 09:55 PM, #10
                RE: Malachi will LIVE!, RoninEclipse2G, Nov-16-11 10:23 PM, #11

ModeratortekleinOct-27-11 04:05 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#47596, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice!

You were planning on painting it anyway - so I am sure that helps

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorxcasbonxOct-27-11 05:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47599, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 1

That's great news man. Glad its working out for you.

I contributed to the Wiki.

RoninEclipse2GOct-27-11 08:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47600, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by teklein
Nice! You were planning on painting it anyway - so I am sure that helps

Well he's not going to get painted until spring. I don't need a Colorado winter beating the crap put of a fresh paint job. I will probably hit all the nasty spots with a sealing primer though.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-27-11 12:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#47605, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 3

Fuck yeah!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

dalesmitsuOct-30-11 05:50 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#47609, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 4
Oct-30-11 05:50 AM by dalesmitsu

That's awesome, man.

But, I would've tried and fix it myself with this

http://www.harborfreight.com/stud-welder-dent-repair-kit-98357.html

Pocket 700 and do the prep work/primer yourself, then it in for paint.

My drivers has a dent like that and plan to fix myself with that stud welder. But now I found bottom of door is plagued(rust) real bad, I'm replacing it with used/new one.

That tool is good to have in a toolbox.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

RoninEclipse2GOct-30-11 09:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47612, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 5

I have that available to me. The damage was worse than I could have repaired with that tool. They actually figured for time on the rack to pull the quarter out the 3+ inches that it was shoved in. A stud welder and slide hammer is never gonna pull things that far.

Erik P.

dalesmitsuNov-17-11 04:58 PM
986 posts,
#47667, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by dalesmitsu That's awesome, he remembered it. What color are you having them repainting it? Did they give you a small discount for your body panel.
You really have a hard time reading, don't you? The car isn't being repainted. I don't want a fresh paint job going through a Colorado winter. Also, I can't afford to get it painted.

Originally posted by teklein Nice! You were planning on painting it anyway - so I am sure that helps
Well he's not going to get painted until spring.

Didnt you say you're having it repainted in spring.

__

RoninEclipse2GNov-17-11 05:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47668, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Originally posted by dalesmitsu That's awesome, he remembered it. What color are you having them repainting it? Did they give you a small discount for your body panel.
You really have a hard time reading, don't you? The car isn't being repainted. I don't want a fresh paint job going through a Colorado winter. Also, I can't afford to get it painted.
Originally posted by teklein Nice! You were planning on painting it anyway - so I am sure that helps
Well he's not going to get painted until spring.
Didnt you say you're having it repainted in spring.

Yeah, I'm doing it myself.

Erik P.

RoninEclipse2GNov-18-11 05:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47677, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 13

So I got my damaged wheel back from the refurbishing shop. It looks better than when I got it.

Old:

New:

Erik P.

dalesmitsuNov-19-11 08:00 PM
986 posts,
#47678, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 14

Looks better without the eneki logo.

__

RoninEclipse2GNov-19-11 09:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47679, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 15

Looks better without the eneki logo.

Perhaps, but I didn't have all 4 refurbished, so I'm getting a decal cut to keep it from looking out of place.

Erik P.

RoninEclipse2GDec-14-11 06:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47795, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 16

So I got the entire rear suspension replaced on sunday. Crap load of work when you don't have power tools available. Drove Mal home that night and to work monday. Left him with one of the techs so that he could get aligned, and tonight I will drive him home for the first time at 100% since the accident 2 months ago.

Now I just need a weekend with the temperature above 50*f so that I can paint the funny colored body panels and seal the sections of dying paint.

Erik P.

djtrickeeNov-03-11 11:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#47643, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 0

Boo!, lol, j/k (kinda)

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

RoninEclipse2GNov-03-11 03:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47644, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by djtrickee
Boo!, lol, j/k (kinda)

If I could have both Mal and your Black Beauty, I would in a heartbeat.

Erik P.

RoninEclipse2GNov-16-11 04:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47660, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 8
Nov-16-11 04:51 PM by RoninEclipse2G

So the body shop called me the other day and told me that if they tried to pull the quarter out it would destroy that section of the car. They needed to replace the sheetmetal. Thankfully the estimator remembered that I mentioned that I have a parts car. I spent yesterday removing a nice chunk of my parts car.

Erik P.

dalesmitsuNov-16-11 09:55 PM
986 posts,
#47661, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 9

That's awesome, he remembered it. What color are you having them repainting it? Did they give you a small discount for your body panel.

__

RoninEclipse2GNov-16-11 10:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47662, "RE: Malachi will LIVE!"
In response to Reply # 10

That's awesome, he remembered it. What color are you having them repainting it? Did they give you a small discount for your body panel.

You really have a hard time reading, don't you?

The car isn't being repainted. I don't want a fresh paint job going through a Colorado winter. Also, I can't afford to get it painted. I got just enough for the metal work and a few parts that I need.

Basically I lucked out that I had the parts car to cut the panel off of. The difference between repairing and replacing the panel with my parts is negligable.

Erik P.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47588 Previous topic | Next topic