Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #46435
View in linear mode

Subject: "Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratortekleinApr-06-11 04:44 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#46435, "Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts"
Apr-06-11 04:13 AM by teklein

Thought I would let you guys know, since this is the oil I always run (made Mikey and Jess a believer too). Good until the end of April 2011, but if they do like Pep Boys, you can always get the deal.

5qts Royal Purple oil and a K&N oil filter for 42.99. Its an awesome deal, you are basically getting the 14.00 oil filter for free.

Cheapest before this was Pep Boys. 49.99 for 5qts and a Royal Purple oil filter.

Fun fact: K&N, Mobil 1, and Royal Purple oil filters are all the same. Made by Champs Labs. Difference is that the K&N has a hex on the end for wrench off, Mobil 1 and RP are normal oil filter socket ends.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts, Ebster1085, Apr-06-11 06:25 AM, #1
RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts, Fallen4ng31, Apr-06-11 08:17 AM, #2
RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts, AdministratorCODE4, Apr-06-11 09:05 AM, #3
      RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-06-11 09:54 AM, #4
           RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts, Ebster1085, Apr-06-11 11:39 AM, #5
                RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts, JoshDSM, Apr-06-11 07:56 PM, #6
                     RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-06-11 10:19 PM, #7

Ebster1085Apr-06-11 06:25 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46436, "RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts"
In response to Reply # 0

Of course I just bought oil/filter last week..

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fallen4ng31Apr-06-11 08:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46437, "RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts"
In response to Reply # 1

Also, this week at advance, they're offering SeaFoam for $6.99/can. That's about 50% off the regular price.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

AdministratorCODE4Apr-06-11 09:05 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#46438, "RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Ebster1085
Of course I just bought oil/filter last week..

So buy more. Never hurts to stockpile.

---

2012 2500HD LML

420agreenvilleSCApr-06-11 09:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#46439, "RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts"
In response to Reply # 3

Pretty good deal, and yes, im a true believer now. Valvetrain is so much quieter

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Ebster1085Apr-06-11 11:39 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#46440, "RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts"
In response to Reply # 4
Apr-06-11 11:40 AM by Ebster1085

Dave - I use my car everyday for commuting anyway, 70 miles a day roundtrip. So it will only be a matter of time before I need to buy again. That being said, I agree, might as well stockpile now.

Mikey - I told you that would be the case. Every time I do a change with RP 10w-40 my valvetrain and engine "noise" quiets down too nothing. Love it! Liquid gold!!

JoshDSMApr-06-11 07:56 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#46442, "RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts"
In response to Reply # 5

Gahhh I changed mine to soon. I was so close to getting RP but then i got Mobil 1. Should have waited :

420agreenvilleSCApr-06-11 10:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#46443, "RE: Royal Purple + K&N Deal At Advance Auto Parts"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by JoshDSM
Gahhh I changed mine to soon. I was so close to getting RP but then i got Mobil 1. Should have waited

failurage

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #46435 Previous topic | Next topic