Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #3940
View in linear mode

Subject: "VW commercials" Previous topic | Next topic
.bs0dFeb-24-06 07:39 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3940, "VW commercials"
Feb-24-06 07:39 AM by .bs0d

dunno if anyone has brought it up, but whats with these VW commercials that are thrashing 2nd Gen Eclipse?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: VW commercials, totaleklipse97, Feb-24-06 07:45 AM, #1
RE: VW commercials, Graph-X, Feb-24-06 07:49 AM, #2
      RE: VW commercials, saikou, Feb-24-06 07:54 AM, #3
           RE: VW commercials, totaleklipse97, Feb-24-06 08:02 AM, #4
                RE: VW commercials, .bs0d, Feb-24-06 08:52 AM, #5
                     RE: VW commercials, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-24-06 08:57 AM, #6
                          RE: VW commercials, HybriDSM, Feb-24-06 09:43 AM, #7
                               RE: VW commercials, TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-24-06 10:46 AM, #8
                                    RE: VW commercials, totaleklipse97, Feb-24-06 11:18 AM, #9
                                         RE: VW commercials, Nine5eclipse03, Feb-24-06 11:24 AM, #10
                                              RE: VW commercials, HybriDSM, Feb-24-06 11:37 AM, #11
                                                   RE: VW commercials, thedawg, Feb-24-06 12:24 PM, #12
                                                        RE: VW commercials, TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-24-06 12:27 PM, #13
                                                             RE: VW commercials, EclipseSix, Feb-24-06 12:56 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: VW commercials, EclipseTenzoR, Feb-24-06 02:36 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: VW commercials, Malenko, Feb-25-06 06:35 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: VW commercials, slowmitsu, Feb-25-06 06:50 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: VW commercials, TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-25-06 07:06 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: VW commercials, lild14, Feb-25-06 07:38 AM, #19
                                                                                 RE: VW commercials, CopperEclipse96, Feb-25-06 09:15 AM, #20
                                                                       RE: VW commercials, QC DSM ESiT, Feb-25-06 09:16 AM, #21
                                                                            RE: VW commercials, EclipseSix, Feb-25-06 09:18 AM, #22
                                                                                 RE: VW commercials, gramozeka, Feb-25-06 10:28 AM, #23
                                                                                      RE: VW commercials, thedawg, Feb-27-06 04:36 AM, #25
RE: VW commercials, Moderatormicyek, Feb-27-06 02:40 AM, #24
RE: VW commercials, saikou, Feb-27-06 11:51 AM, #26
RE: VW commercials, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-27-06 12:54 PM, #27
      RE: VW commercials, edxmon, Feb-27-06 04:36 PM, #28
           RE: VW commercials, CopperEclipse96, Feb-28-06 01:27 PM, #29
                RE: VW commercials, gramozeka, Mar-03-06 07:14 AM, #30

totaleklipse97Feb-24-06 07:45 AM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3942, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't seen them, what do they say about the eclipse?

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Graph-XFeb-24-06 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#3943, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 1

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/22/vw-strikes-again-un-pimp-my-ride-videos/

Here's the link to the commercials.

saikouFeb-24-06 07:54 AM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#3944, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 2

Haha! I found it rather humorous.

totaleklipse97Feb-24-06 08:02 AM
3589 posts,
#3946, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 3

LOL those were stupid!!!

VW= The joy of driving

‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹Jen› somehow.....

.bs0dFeb-24-06 08:52 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
#3948, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 4

yea, i've seen 2 so far, both 'featuring' the eclipse all riced out

95_ESi_PersonFeb-24-06 08:57 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#3949, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 5

Those were funny!

I only saw one eclipse in there. Twas pink.

Good for a larf.

HybriDSMFeb-24-06 09:43 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#3952, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 6

I love these commericals. Though it sucks they beat up on a DSM, at least it's a marketing strategy that not only does not pander to the "tooner" crowd, but openly mocks them. Plus it is hilarious with Peter Stormare.

In my book, that's a great thing.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-24-06 10:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#3959, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 7

They are funny, but they destroyed a DSM. Therefore, I will continue to hate VW.

totaleklipse97Feb-24-06 11:18 AM
3589 posts,
#3962, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
They are funny, but they destroyed a DSM. Therefore, I will continue to hate VW.

At that point I wouldn't claim that car as a DSM.. that was a pink flaming pile of shit. It deserved to be destroyed.

VW= The joy of driving

‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹Jen› somehow.....

Nine5eclipse03Feb-24-06 11:24 AM
Member since Oct 11th 2004
335 posts,
#3965, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 9

The poor car probably was stock, until they painted it flamer pink to add it to the commercial. VW destoyed the car...twice.

Don't sell your car to 16 year olds...

95 Eclipse RS - Sold for 6k, totalled three days later
91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k
98 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 black on black.

HybriDSMFeb-24-06 11:37 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#3967, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
The poor car probably was stock, until they painted it flamer pink to add it to the commercial. VW destoyed the car...twice.

Let's hope they took a significantly totaled car, did enough work to it to make it look "presentable" and then used it. At least that's my wishful thinking.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

thedawgFeb-24-06 12:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#3971, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 11

THATS FUCKING AWESOME!

Omg and they even used a Trebuchet to kill the Eclipse! Woooooot!

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-24-06 12:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#3974, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 12

Shut up Dan.

EclipseSixFeb-24-06 12:56 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
#3975, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 13

Have to admit, if somebody posted up a dsm looking like that, we'd find worse ways of destroying it AND it's driver.

Funny commericals.

EclipseTenzoRFeb-24-06 02:36 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#3984, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 14
Feb-24-06 02:36 PM by EclipseTenzoR

Originally posted by EclipseSix
Have to admit, if somebody posted up a dsm looking like that, we'd find worse ways of destroying it AND it's driver. Funny commericals.

This is very true.. It's what we do best.. lol discourage and de-rice the ricers

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

MalenkoFeb-25-06 06:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#4013, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 15

I just wanna know why they arent catapulting civics instead?

slowmitsuFeb-25-06 06:50 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#4015, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 16
Feb-25-06 06:51 AM by slowmitsu

More than likely it was a 2GNT and that being the case its not a huge loss. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it anyway.

_______

BPU'd skittle

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-25-06 07:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4017, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by Malenko
I just wanna know why they arent catapulting civics instead?

They are too busy bashing them in the side with a wrecking ball.

lild14Feb-25-06 07:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#4019, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 18

lol those are too funny lmao. really i dont care if they're bashing that riced up eclipse, we're not ricers here are we???.......no. but it pissed me off that i did not see a honda since they are ricer magnets.......

=Dan=

98rs eclipse- Mods: BC2, C/F hood, custom turbo system consisting of a PTE SC50, turbosmart ultra gate (10psi), star FMIC and pipes, SFMU, HKS SSQV, 3" V-BAND downpipe from ATP, Zeitronix Wideband LCD displaying boost, egt and 02. *** SOLD and will be missed***

2006 gsxr 750- jardine gp1 exhaust, -1,+2 stealth sprockets, DID 525 chain, JD products pro TRE. 0-60 in a sneeze. ran a 10.8 avg 1/4 mile my first time to the track on street tires, stock swingarm and unstrapped.

CopperEclipse96Feb-25-06 09:15 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#4023, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by lild14
lol those are too funny lmao. really i dont care if they're bashing that riced up eclipse, we're not ricers here are we???.......no. but it pissed me off that i did not see a honda since they are ricer magnets.......

the second car was a civic.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

QC DSM ESiTFeb-25-06 09:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#4024, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
Originally posted by EclipseSix Have to admit, if somebody posted up a dsm looking like that, we'd find worse ways of destroying it AND it's driver. Funny commericals.
This is very true.. It's what we do best.. lol discourage and de-rice the ricers

Agreed

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

EclipseSixFeb-25-06 09:18 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
#4025, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 21
Feb-25-06 09:28 AM by EclipseSix

Just had the typical blitz kit on it right? Yech all three of those cars were nasty (in the bad way)

haha the dsm one is the best though just because of the guy's acting. OH SNAP! And he's all giddy 'time to unpimp the auto' and he hits the button, roflll... classic.

gramozekaFeb-25-06 10:28 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#4027, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 22

Do u think the the other automakers will unleash revange on vw? Would be sweet to see that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

thedawgFeb-27-06 04:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#4225, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 23

Originally posted by gramozeka
Do u think the the other automakers will unleash revange on vw? Would be sweet to see that.

Unless Jayzun, Mikey, and Tre are automakers, no I dont think there will be any retaliation. No car company has ever created cars that shitty.

Hopefully the net effect of this commercial will be that less people will ruin perfectly good cars by ricing them out. If it costs 1 DSM to save 500 more then it was worth it.

ModeratormicyekFeb-27-06 02:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#4216, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 0

There's a another comercial out there that I saw once. I can't remember what it was advertising but it featured a couple on a date and all off a sudden the cars CEL came on and the car died. I litteral screamed at the the TV "I know that cluster!" and sure enough the camera panned out and it was a 2G. I LMAO.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

saikouFeb-27-06 11:51 AM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#4248, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by micyek
There's a another comercial out there that I saw once. I can't remember what it was advertising but it featured a couple on a date and all off a sudden the cars CEL came on and the car died. I litteral screamed at the the TV "I know that cluster!" and sure enough the camera panned out and it was a 2G. I LMAO.

Hah, I would love to see that commercial.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-27-06 12:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#4251, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by micyek

I saw the same one. I started yelling, "BULLSHIT! It only blinks under heavy misfire! She'd KNOW something was wrong! FUCK! ITS NOT MISFIRING! BULLSHIT!"

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

edxmonFeb-27-06 04:36 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#4285, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 27

hahahahahah F!@##$ hilariuos, i dont think they actually catapulted that 2g tho...hahahahah just too funny. btw am i the only one that thinks that GTI V is a good looking car? i might pick one up a cople years from now, when they are old and cheap!

Ze Best Automotive to hit ze Televizion! Doitchland in DA HIZZLE!

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

CopperEclipse96Feb-28-06 01:27 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#4330, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 28

Originally posted by edxmon
hahahahahah F!@##$ hilariuos, i dont think they actually catapulted that 2g tho...hahahahah just too funny. btw am i the only one that thinks that GTI V is a good looking car? i might pick one up a cople years from now, when they are old and cheap! Ze Best Automotive to hit ze Televizion! Doitchland in DA HIZZLE!

yeah, i like them a lot. the base model seats are ugly as hell though. Go to the website and check it out. Take it for a "joyride" on the website, and theres some videos u can watch with that chick and that dude from the commercial. pretty sweet imo.

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

gramozekaMar-03-06 07:14 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#4614, "RE: VW commercials"
In response to Reply # 29
Mar-03-06 07:33 AM by gramozeka

The website is cool. I was playing with it and when I chose auto transmission it has shorter 0-60 time 7.1manual vs 6.8 auto. It's probably their two raw transmission... forgot what it's called. I should have just read the specs it's called DSG. Also I got my little sucker from 22g to 34.5g sounds like a TL is in order or a mustang GT

BTW the video is cool the chick is hot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #3940 Previous topic | Next topic