Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #32091
View in threaded mode

Subject: "You're doing it wrong" Previous topic | Next topic
slowmitsuMar-18-08 08:53 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32091, "You're doing it wrong"
Mar-18-08 09:37 AM by slowmitsu

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240056

_______

BPU'd skittle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-18-08 09:02 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32092, "RE: You're doing it wrong"
In response to Reply # 0

It was you wasnt it uber?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

slowmitsuMar-18-08 09:33 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#32093, "RE: You're doing it wrong"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-18-08 09:34 AM by slowmitsu

No but I did curb the fuck out of my Neon the other day not paying attention and splitting a brand new SPT up the sidewall.

Edit: I totally didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

_______

BPU'd skittle

foggy45Mar-18-08 11:48 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#32095, "RE: You're doing it wrong"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-18-08 11:49 AM by foggy45

holy crap people are dumb!

another example taken from the April issue of Import Tuner:

Hey guys, ive got a '98 Audi 1.8T that i wanted to get more performance from and was recomended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. i did a little research and found out abrasive material is used to do it alot of times-like gritty sand. so i got with my friend who tunes hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. we got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked it up to the intake of the car and started it up. we wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out then push it out the exhaust so it would port the exhaust manifold. i was worried that it might cause problems, but my friend told me it would be ok as long as we didnt make boost and it get sucked into the turbo. after letting the car suck in about half a bag of sand, the check engine light came on and the engine started bucking and kicking and sounding really wierd. we stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. we tried to start it again and it was really hard. once started it couldnt idle and kept making wierd noises. we took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises. Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does hondas so he dosent know much about Audis.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

BDTalonMar-18-08 12:29 PM
Member since Jun 08th 2005
153 posts,
#32096, "RE: You're doing it wrong"
In response to Reply # 3

That's epic.

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
AAHHHHHH it's the Bomex table top and bench deluxe! Get the holy wrench we need to purify..

RSClipse9d7Mar-18-08 02:58 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#32098, "RE: You're doing it wrong"
In response to Reply # 4

There was the one a while ago about the kid who's brother told him to run the hose into his gas tank. I'm sure someone still has it.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

goalie40Mar-18-08 04:22 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#32102, "RE: You're doing it wrong"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by foggy45
holy crap people are dumb! another example taken from the April issue of Import Tuner: Hey guys, ive got a '98 Audi 1.8T that i wanted to get more performance from and was recomended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. i did a little research and found out abrasive material is used to do it alot of times-like gritty sand. so i got with my friend who tunes hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. we got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked it up to the intake of the car and started it up. we wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out then push it out the exhaust so it would port the exhaust manifold. i was worried that it might cause problems, but my friend told me it would be ok as long as we didnt make boost and it get sucked into the turbo. after letting the car suck in about half a bag of sand, the check engine light came on and the engine started bucking and kicking and sounding really wierd. we stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. we tried to start it again and it was really hard. once started it couldnt idle and kept making wierd noises. we took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises. Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does hondas so he dosent know much about Audis.

OMG I can't see how dude made it long enuff to own a car being that dumb.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

Fallen4ng31Mar-19-08 03:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#32105, "RE: You're doing it wrong"
In response to Reply # 6

Someone give that man a ciiiiigar!

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

2GeclipseRSMar-19-08 07:28 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#32114, "RE: You're doing it wrong"
In response to Reply # 7
Mar-19-08 07:29 AM by 2GeclipseRS

I constantly ask myself if some of the shit i've heard people say is for real. Like "are you really serious or are you just messing with me to see how i'll react."

It's un-fucking-believeable sometimes.

RoninEclipse2GMar-19-08 10:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32119, "RE: You're doing it wrong"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by foggy45
holy crap people are dumb! another example taken from the April issue of Import Tuner: Hey guys, ive got a '98 Audi 1.8T that i wanted to get more performance from and was recomended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. i did a little research and found out abrasive material is used to do it alot of times-like gritty sand. so i got with my friend who tunes hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. we got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked it up to the intake of the car and started it up. we wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out then push it out the exhaust so it would port the exhaust manifold. i was worried that it might cause problems, but my friend told me it would be ok as long as we didnt make boost and it get sucked into the turbo. after letting the car suck in about half a bag of sand, the check engine light came on and the engine started bucking and kicking and sounding really wierd. we stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. we tried to start it again and it was really hard. once started it couldnt idle and kept making wierd noises. we took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises. Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does hondas so he dosent know much about Audis.

that one's a joke, or at least the submission to tuner was. this has been floating around the VW/Audi forums for years now

still, some people shouldn't be allowed to own cars

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #32091 Previous topic | Next topic