Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2217
View in linear mode

Subject: "What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamAvengerJan-31-06 09:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2217, "Poll question: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"

Diamond Black ...

Gold ...

Titanium Gunmetal

Mercury Silver

Poll result (40 votes)
Gold (14 votes)Vote
Diamond Black (17 votes)Vote
Mercury Silver (1 votes)Vote
Titanium Gunmetal (8 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), TeamDR1665, Jan-31-06 09:35 AM, #1
RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), Blizare, Jan-31-06 10:11 AM, #2
RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), DSMxTSi, Jan-31-06 10:48 AM, #3
RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), WIDECLIPSE, Jan-31-06 11:11 AM, #4
      RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), BlackMagic, Jan-31-06 12:18 PM, #5
RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-31-06 12:54 PM, #6
RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), Hult250R, Jan-31-06 01:00 PM, #7
      RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), Dualgen2, Jan-31-06 03:28 PM, #8
           RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), TeamAvenger, Jan-31-06 05:46 PM, #9
           RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-01-06 02:01 AM, #10
                RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), hazardeclipse, Feb-01-06 04:27 AM, #11
                     RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), eclipse_99rs, Feb-01-06 09:29 AM, #12
                          RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), EclipseSix, Feb-01-06 10:22 AM, #13
           RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), BlackMagic, Feb-01-06 12:26 PM, #14
                RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), ScreaminE, Feb-01-06 03:56 PM, #15
                     RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), soulcontroller, Feb-05-06 12:47 PM, #16
                          RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), Blizare, Feb-05-06 02:54 PM, #17
RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), TeamAvenger, Feb-14-06 09:33 AM, #18
RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting), whodatt1, Feb-14-06 10:03 AM, #19

TeamDR1665Jan-31-06 09:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2218, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 0

I love the way the gold looks on a black car, but I wouldn't use them if there is much chrome elsewhere. So I voted for the black. I really, really like the gold, though. That would be my first choice.

Could you pull apart the headlights and paint the chrome bits black? (I'm going off memory, here, as to what an Rx8 looks like.)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlizareJan-31-06 10:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#2220, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 1

Everytime i see a black car with gold rims, i smile

And after a year I hate my chromies

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

DSMxTSiJan-31-06 10:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#2222, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 0

Gold isn't my choice for any color car. It's ok on black, but just ok imo.
I love that diamond black but it may not offset that black car enough, it would look great on a silver/grey, white, or red car though.
So I chose the titanium gunmetal.

WIDECLIPSEJan-31-06 11:11 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#2223, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 3

I chose the gunmetal as well, I just really like how gunmetal looks on a black or red car. Gold would be my second choice.

-Roman

BlackMagicJan-31-06 12:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2227, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 4

im going to have to say black on black is just sexy bottom line

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-31-06 12:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2231, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 0

I still fail to see how anyone can find a gold / bronze wheel attractive on *ANY* car.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Hult250RJan-31-06 01:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#2232, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by DarkOne
I still fail to see how anyone can find a gold / bronze wheel attractive on *ANY* car.

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

Dualgen2Jan-31-06 03:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#2248, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 7

I'm guessing they don't come in a darker bronze color? I think the gold is nice on black cars but I like dark bronze more. Want some bronze wheels for the vr4. I think green w/ bronze wheels would look good. Anything but the stock chromies.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

TeamAvengerJan-31-06 05:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#2260, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 8

I order thursday morning. Gold is winning 11-7 (one vote is switched by the voters). Gold is kicking everythings ass on the rx8 board. Gold is also what I was leaning towards.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-01-06 02:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#2268, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 9

Diamond black. A clean black car with clean black rims looks great to me, and if they have the polished lip, I'm sold.

The gold is ok, but I do favor those diamond black ones a lot more.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030

hazardeclipseFeb-01-06 04:27 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#2277, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 10
Feb-01-06 04:29 AM by hazardeclipse

Maybe this will help?
black

Gunmetal

Gold(ish)

Silver

I liked the black in theory, but maybe the gunmetal or silver... not a big fan of the gold.
EDIT: oh, and these arent the exact wheel, just as close as i could come to it...

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

eclipse_99rsFeb-01-06 09:29 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#2292, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 11

I like the gold on black the best. Black is getting played out.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

EclipseSixFeb-01-06 10:22 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
#2300, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 12

yeah but look how awesome an RX-8 looks with black rims.... just looks clean and non-ricerish to me. Gold... I dunno, rubs me the wrong way on any car.

BlackMagicFeb-01-06 12:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2310, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Dualgen2
I'm guessing they don't come in a darker bronze color? I think the gold is nice on black cars but I like dark bronze more. Want some bronze wheels for the vr4. I think green w/ bronze wheels would look good. Anything but the stock chromies.

i agree, that gold is too gold, id go with a darker bronze color, im still leaning to the black

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

ScreaminEFeb-01-06 03:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#2328, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 14

I had to bring this back from the dead!

soulcontrollerFeb-05-06 12:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#2479, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 15

bling bling!

BlizareFeb-05-06 02:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#2481, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 16

Exactly /\/\/\

That looks so nice and clean with gold/black.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

TeamAvengerFeb-14-06 09:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#3222, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 0

Bringing this back. I put my order in ... 60 day lead time on the wheels in gold so I guess I'll see them in April sometime. hehe I'm all giddy waiting for those bad boys. Info on the wheels ...

Fronts 18x8 +40mm offset
Rears 18x9 +49mm offset

They are going to looks so freaking sweet.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

whodatt1Feb-14-06 10:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#3223, "RE: What color for the wheels (for the RX-8 ... its black)? (This is the style I will be getting)"
In response to Reply # 18

Ricer.... :p

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2217 Previous topic | Next topic