Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12415
View in threaded mode

Subject: "350z or 4gEclipse" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
LouisJul-18-06 10:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
158 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12415, "350z or 4gEclipse"

I was doing a search to see what people here think about the 4th Gen eclipse and surprisingly didnt find much, so sorry if this has been asked before.
I have been realistically thinking about what car should i get next considering my 2gen has 155,000 miles and although It runs great with only a few minor issues, I might have to start driving longer distances to work soon and I honestly think I might have to get a new car within 1-2 years (or less if something craps out in my car).
Unfortunately there isn't one car out there that really makes me drool like the 2 gen did when it came out (and still does) but if I had to pick i guess something along the 350z or the 4th gen Eclipse would be OK.
Now the Z is nice and all but at 26-7k for a base its a bit steep..then there's the 4G eclipse (v6) at around 23-4g which is still a bit steep but not as bad.
I have been to both the Z forums and the 4g and of course each one brags about their cars being the best, just needed an opinion from someone more or less in my position (going from a 2gnt to either the Z or 4g). I've also considered the RSX but heard it'll be discontinued in a year or so...
I am aware of the problems with the early model Z's (tire feathering, transmission, windows..) but heard they've been fixed by now (06) except for the complaints on crappy paint. On the 4g I haven't heard much other than its heavy and handles like a boat, also about Mitsu being in thin ice here in the US. Of course in looks I'd take the Z in a heartbeat over the 4g...but of course looks arent everything. Anyone here upgraded to either one who can say wether one or the other is worth it or not?...better off getting a 4g or saving more and going for the Z..
I am really not looking into buying used so thats why i am loking at new car prices..
Trust me, if i could find a new 2g (wether nt or turbo) I'd go for it without thinking twice, but of course thats not an option; and the Evo is just too expensive and in my opinion doesn't look as great and I'd rather not go 4-door...so I think what's left?..4g, 350z, RSX (discontinued), rx8 (not too crazy about looks).

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
TeamDR1665Jul-18-06 10:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12416, "RE: 350z or 4gEclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow. OG.

Personally, I would stick with the Z. More of an aftermarket and should hold up well in the end. Just my opinion.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

slowmitsuJul-18-06 10:28 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12417, "RE: 350z or 4gEclipse"
In response to Reply # 1

350Z. Fuck some front wheel drive for that kind of coin.

_______

BPU'd skittle

thedawgJul-18-06 11:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#12427, "RE: 350z or 4gEclipse"
In response to Reply # 2

350z.

Dualgen2Jul-18-06 11:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#12437, "RE: 350z or 4gEclipse"
In response to Reply # 2

I drove a Z last week and it was fun but felt a lot smaller inside then most cars I have driven. I personally like the RSX Type S for the $. Very reliable, cheaper and can be just as quick w/ a couple bolt-ons. My friend ran low 14.2 w/ an intake and exhaust. Still might pick up a Z only since there is a SUPER cheap one at my work right now.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

CopperEclipse96Jul-18-06 11:47 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#12439, "RE: 350z or 4gEclipse"
In response to Reply # 4

Drive both, and I'm sure you'll choose the Z. A big, heavy FWD beast or a smaller, more ninmble, great handling Z? I was very close to buying a Z when i got my truck about a month ago. I still wish I had one... fun cars to drive.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

MalenkoJul-18-06 12:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#12446, "RE: 350z or 4gEclipse"
In response to Reply # 5

if rebuilding any problems arent an option with your 2G, then I say get a Z. they are some sexy beasts and didnt ETX turbo his?

slowmitsuJul-18-06 01:06 PM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#12456, "RE: 350z or 4gEclipse"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Malenko
if rebuilding any problems arent an option with your 2G, then I say get a Z. they are some sexy beasts and didnt ETX turbo his?

Greddy twin turbo kit, IIRC

Originally posted by Dualgen2
I drove a Z last week and it was fun but felt a lot smaller inside then most cars I have driven. I personally like the RSX Type S for the $. Very reliable, cheaper and can be just as quick w/ a couple bolt-ons. My friend ran low 14.2 w/ an intake and exhaust. Still might pick up a Z only since there is a SUPER cheap one at my work right now.

The Z is not a small car.

_______

BPU'd skittle

SteveJul-18-06 04:52 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
#12476, "RE: 350z or 4gEclipse"
In response to Reply # 7

Z's are basicly the upgrade from a 2gnt. So I vote Z

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

RemyJul-18-06 07:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#12485, "RE: 350z or 4gEclipse"
In response to Reply # 8

Z

----------------------------------------
GT35 and stuff.
Lucky Number 6 ...

jsupetranJul-18-06 09:10 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#12486, "RE: 350z or 4gEclipse"
In response to Reply # 9

Get a Honda

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12415 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic