Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #10404
View in linear mode

Subject: "You think you live in a hick town?!?" Previous topic | Next topic
Keith2172Jun-06-06 09:10 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10404, "You think you live in a hick town?!?"
Jun-06-06 09:43 AM by Keith2172

Occasionally I am offered a chance to remind myself exactly what a hick town I live in. I work for the County, so am subject to experiences beyond the scope of regular individuals. We received a complaint about illegal dumping from one of our more rural citizens. He made mention that while there had been dumping on his property, this was not the major offense. Here’s where the ‘Tulare’ sets in, apparently his truck had also been vandalized, and the perpetrators had cut and stolen every wire from his truck. THEY STOLE THE WIRE FROM HIS TRUCK TO SELL THE COPPER TO A RECYCLING CENTER!!! What kind of strung out druggie does it take to do something like that… oh wait, the kind that live here. End rant.

EDIT: A little extra to further emphasize my point;

"On Jan. 8, 2004, Jerry George Baker...was convicted of 11 counts of grand theft of cattle"

This was taken from a local newspaper. Where else would you ever hear the words 'grand theft cattle'?

another report;

"In recent weeks, thieves have been concentrating on stealing metal and fuel from farms and ranches. In one reported case, a farmer could not water his orchards because someone had stolen the power lines to his pumps. In another, the intake manifold and radiator were stolen from the engine powering a wind machine used protecting a citrus grove."

What is wrong with these people?!?

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?, Chamuko, Jun-06-06 09:55 AM, #1
RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?, RSClipse9d7, Jun-06-06 10:00 AM, #2
RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Jun-06-06 02:46 PM, #7
RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?, mcgyvr, Jun-06-06 10:03 AM, #3
      RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?, mike_d, Jun-06-06 11:04 AM, #4
           RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?, Dracas, Jun-06-06 11:38 AM, #5
                RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?, Keith2172, Jun-06-06 12:45 PM, #6
                RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-06-06 03:31 PM, #8

ChamukoJun-06-06 09:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10405, "RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?"
In response to Reply # 0

Thats it... Im sleeping in my car with a shot gun next time im there...

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RSClipse9d7Jun-06-06 10:00 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#10406, "RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?"
In response to Reply # 1

We had off of school for the first day of hunting season.

I really don't have to say much else.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

MR BLUNT 2gntJun-06-06 02:46 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
#10425, "RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by RSClipse9d7
We had off of school for the first day of hunting season.

Weaksause. We had the first WEEK of dearseason off. I lived in bangyourcousin OH for a few years. Thank god i'm back in the city, its a different world down there. Everyones happy down there w/ being unemployed and breeding like theres no tomorrow.

400whp or bust.

mcgyvrJun-06-06 10:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#10407, "RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?"
In response to Reply # 1

The lady at my works crackhead brother makes his living (if you can call it that) just going around to construction sites and stealing all the wire from the job. Straight out of the receptacles. Worst part is his other brother is the guy that installs the wiring. So one brother wires up the house, one comes buy and steals the wire that the other brother just installed. Then the electrician brother has to rewire it all again. theyve got quite a racket going on

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

mike_dJun-06-06 11:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#10412, "RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?"
In response to Reply # 3

Around here you get something like $2.80 a pound for copper at the scap yard but ive never heard of anyone cutting wires out of a truck or anything like that.

95 Talon ESi-T

DracasJun-06-06 11:38 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2004
330 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10414, "RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?"
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-06-06 11:39 AM by Dracas

I live in a town of about 1500 people in North Eastern AR. There are 100's of "communities" near here that have populations of around 2 - 20. There is one town called Rose Bud, or something like that, with a population of 2. The guy who runs the post office, and his wife... I've only heard this as a story, but I've heard it alot, and been there. There is a cotton gen, but the people who run it don't live there.

Keith2172Jun-06-06 12:45 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#10418, "RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?"
In response to Reply # 5

At the southern end of the county there is a farmer that has to replant about 40 tree sapplings every year because people keep coming and pulling them out of the ground. Apparently you can get about $5 a tree sappling, which is enough to buy you beer for the day here. And Ivan, you keep going back to Woodlake, but I've watched farmers run up on people with shotguns there cause they didn't think they belonged.
But the worst place of them all has got to be Kennedy Meadows, you've never heard of it because if you had you would have probably killed yourself by now. There is a bar on the road up, you turn off the freeway and drive about 25miles, and for no reason there is a bar, and then another 25miles to the nothing that is crazy slack-jaw country.

P.S. A little off topic, but ask any So-Cal'r about the Mojave Desert and what happens to people out there, it makes people the loco!

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

420a-TnthewerksJun-06-06 03:31 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#10429, "RE: You think you live in a hick town?!?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Dracas
I live in a town of about 1500 people in North Eastern AR. There are 100's of "communities" near here that have populations of around 2 - 20. There is one town called Rose Bud, or something like that, with a population of 2. The guy who runs the post office, and his wife... I've only heard this as a story, but I've heard it alot, and been there. There is a cotton gen, but the people who run it don't live there.

I bet there's a lot of "Miss, please step out of the vechicle and walk around to the front. Now, take off your blouse and spread 'em" going on in that town lol.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #10404 Previous topic | Next topic