Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #10208
View in linear mode

Subject: "Saw a really werid eclipse today" Previous topic | Next topic
youkickedmydogJun-03-06 11:31 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10208, "Saw a really werid eclipse today"
Jun-03-06 11:32 AM by youkickedmydog

I was at my marine and caught a glimpse of a 95 smilie face bumper. I walked over to the car and checked out. From what I could tell it was a 95, it had the 95 weird 5 spoked rims, front bumper, rear bumper, and even the funny black plastic trim around the bottom of the whole car instead of side skirts. What really threw me off was that it was a spyder gs. I was under the impression that the spyder was made from 97-99 anyone see anyhting like this before?

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-03-06 11:37 AM, #1
RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, WIDECLIPSE, Jun-03-06 01:36 PM, #2
RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, dsmmyth, Jun-03-06 01:38 PM, #3
      RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, Steve, Jun-03-06 02:26 PM, #4
           RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, joeck76, Jun-03-06 02:32 PM, #5
           RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-03-06 02:39 PM, #7
           RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-03-06 02:38 PM, #6
                RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, CarbonFiberRST, Jun-03-06 07:06 PM, #8
                RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, slowmitsu, Jun-04-06 05:19 AM, #9
                RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, youkickedmydog, Jun-04-06 05:43 AM, #10
                     RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, ScreaminE, Jun-04-06 06:28 AM, #11
                     RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, sonikbewm, Jun-04-06 02:27 PM, #13
                RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, fauchpj, Jun-04-06 08:29 AM, #12
                     RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-04-06 03:15 PM, #14
                RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-04-06 03:28 PM, #15
                     RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-04-06 03:32 PM, #16
                          RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-04-06 03:37 PM, #17
                               RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, CopperEclipse96, Jun-06-06 01:04 PM, #18
                                    RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, Moderatorcs82685, Jun-06-06 04:57 PM, #19
                                         RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-06-06 05:51 PM, #20
                                              RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, WIDECLIPSE, Jun-07-06 02:58 AM, #21
                                                   RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-07-06 07:14 AM, #22

420a-TnthewerksJun-03-06 11:37 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10209, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah that's pretty for weird for two reasons.. No 95-96 Spyder's were made, and it's a GS but only turbo models came with the grey on the bottom. So for some reason somebody switched their 97-99 Spyder GS to a 95-96 turbo model body style obviously.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WIDECLIPSEJun-03-06 01:36 PM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#10214, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 1

I thought the spyder's came out in 96'

-Roman

dsmmythJun-03-06 01:38 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#10215, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-03-06 01:38 PM by dsmmyth

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
Yeah that's pretty for weird for two reasons.. No 95-96 Spyder's were made, and it's a GS but only turbo models came with the grey on the bottom. So for some reason somebody switched their 97-99 Spyder GS to a 95-96 turbo model body style obviously.

There are 2GA Eclipse Spyders.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

SteveJun-03-06 02:26 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
#10220, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 3

Maybe someone prefers the smilie face 2ga look.

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

joeck76Jun-03-06 02:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#10221, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 4

i thought all spiders were convertables?

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

420a-TnthewerksJun-03-06 02:39 PM
2267 posts,
#10223, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by joeck76
i thought all spiders were convertables?

Spyder = Convertible.

420a-TnthewerksJun-03-06 02:38 PM
2267 posts,
#10222, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-03-06 02:40 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

Originally posted by dsmmyth
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks Yeah that's pretty for weird for two reasons.. No 95-96 Spyder's were made, and it's a GS but only turbo models came with the grey on the bottom. So for some reason somebody switched their 97-99 Spyder GS to a 95-96 turbo model body style obviously.
There are 2GA Eclipse Spyders.

Yeah I just went retarded because I remember I was JUST looking at a 96 Spyder GS-T a couple days ago lol. But I don't think they have the grey on the bottom..?

CarbonFiberRSTJun-03-06 07:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#10234, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 6

I saw a silver spyder eclipse (97-99) but it was in RS trim, had black handles and mirrors, no skirts and the 14" RS wheels. I had never seen a Spyder RS before...

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

slowmitsuJun-04-06 05:19 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#10239, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST
I saw a silver spyder eclipse (97-99) but it was in RS trim, had black handles and mirrors, no skirts and the 14" RS wheels. I had never seen a Spyder RS before...

Probably in an accident and sold on a dealer lot.

_______

BPU'd skittle

youkickedmydogJun-04-06 05:43 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
#10241, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 9

Next time I see the car I'll try to get some pics of it, and talk to the owner and see what he knows. Because every where I look says that they were only made 97+

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

ScreaminEJun-04-06 06:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#10242, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by youkickedmydog
Next time I see the car I'll try to get some pics of it, and talk to the owner and see what he knows. Because every where I look says that they were only made 97+

My neighbors at my house and at my parents house both have 96 2ga spyders.

The neighbor at my parents house had a 96 gs spyder and it too had rear drum brakes and no skirts.

The one next door here at my college house has everything a regular gs has.

sonikbewmJun-04-06 02:27 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#10258, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by youkickedmydog

There are '96 Spyders.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

fauchpjJun-04-06 08:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#10246, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST

there are no spyder RS's. its a GS but basically a stripped down model. ive seen several of them before

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-04-06 03:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#10263, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 12

What is wrong with you guys? This thread made me lol.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

420a-TnthewerksJun-04-06 03:28 PM
2267 posts,
#10267, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 6

But I don't think they have the grey on the bottom..?

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-04-06 03:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#10268, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 15
Jun-04-06 03:33 PM by eclipzGST

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks But I don't think they have the grey on the bottom..?

Grey trim was on the GSX's. He wasn't talking about those though. He said the bottom had "black trim instead of sideskirts" and that it was a "spyder GS". That leads me to believe that the car was originally black and was then painted red and then the skirts were removed. Or, he put a black kit on it.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

420a-TnthewerksJun-04-06 03:37 PM
2267 posts,
#10270, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 16
Jun-04-06 03:38 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks But I don't think they have the grey on the bottom..?
Grey trim was on the GSX's. He wasn't talking about those though. He said the bottom had "black trim instead of sideskirts" and that it was a "spyder GS". That leads me to believe that the car was originally black and was then painted red and then the skirts were removed. Or, he put a black kit on it.

"and even the funny black plastic trim around the bottom of the whole car"

95-96 GS-T's have the trim on the bottom, too. There are 96 Spyder GS-T's, but he says it's a GS. But like I said I don't think the Spyder GS-T's had the grey on the bottom. So the only thing it can be is any year/make Spyder with 95-96 GS-T/GSX body panels.

CopperEclipse96Jun-06-06 01:04 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#10419, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by eclipzGST
"and even the funny black plastic trim around the bottom of the whole car" 95-96 GS-T's have the trim on the bottom, too. There are 96 Spyder GS-T's, but he says it's a GS. But like I said I don't think the Spyder GS-T's had the grey on the bottom. So the only thing it can be is any year/make Spyder with 95-96 GS-T/GSX body panels.

a girl i went to high school with had a 96 GS-T spyder with the grey trim around the bottom. chances ate, the T isn GS-T just got peeled off. Mystery solved, imo.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

Moderatorcs82685Jun-06-06 04:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#10434, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 18

a girl i went to high school with had a 96 GS-T spyder with the grey trim around the bottom. chances ate, the T isn GS-T just got peeled off. Mystery solved, imo.

That sounds likely, my friend has a GSX that that happened to

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

420a-TnthewerksJun-06-06 05:51 PM
2267 posts,
#10440, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 19
Jun-06-06 05:54 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

Originally posted by cs82685
That sounds likely, my friend has a GSX that that happened to

Pretty weird they would make both. I guess they just liked to throw different parts on their cars, because I have seen other weird things with different model Eclipse's.

WIDECLIPSEJun-07-06 02:58 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#10454, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 20

Look familiar? It even has black handles and mirrors like an rs.

-Roman

420a-TnthewerksJun-07-06 07:14 AM
2267 posts,
#10461, "RE: Saw a really werid eclipse today"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by WIDECLIPSE
Look familiar? It even has black handles and mirrors like an rs.

Doesn't have the grey trim on the bottom..

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #10208 Previous topic | Next topic