Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #288
View in linear mode

Subject: "fuckers tried to snap Daisy" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Dec-31-05 12:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#288, "fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
Dec-31-05 12:07 AM by DR1665

Vanessa and I got back to my place around 12330hrs after spending the entire day moving her into her new place. She got in the shower around midnight. I was in bed for about 2.5hrs when I heard an alarm. You know, that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when it's going on 3am and you know that's your alarm? Yup.

Grabbed a shirt, keys, hat and sandals on my way to the door to investigate. Cancelled alarm on my way out the door. Rearmed, but only got one chirp instead of the usual two. Tried again. A car drove by... Tried again. Tried again. Dome light was on.

Upon closer examination of the car, it looked like the passenger door was left unlocked (perhaps by a tired girlfriend), but when I went over to that side, the lock cylinder was about an inch inside the handle. I tried unlocking with the key. It still worked. I tried unlocking with the old 1G key, it also worked. I tried unlocking with my fucking house key. Yup. It worked too.

Now, the faceplate was off the radio, there is no shifter boot, and the trim panels on either side of the console are gone. You can plainly see there is no system to steal in this car - only an oil pressure gauge next to the shifter.

Fuckers tried to take my baby.

Vanessa and I stood out there going over everything twice, trying to get a game plan for the night. A car rounded the buildings about 50yds down and sat with his headlights on, pointing our way. There was no one else in the parking lot. There were no empty parking spaces. They then drove right past us in a silver, Kia Spectra or Hyundai Accent with temp tags on it. There was only the driver in the car, so I dunno, but there was no reason for this car to be acting like it did. It did not come by again, and it's not parked anywhere in the area now.

Of course, I unloaded all my tools, which I might have used to pull the door panel and disable that door handle/lock, at the new house in the garage this afternoon...

We grabbed the keys to my brother's Sentra, and Vanessa followed me to the new house, where Daisy is now sleeping securely, in a garage. Thank God I was helping run4cvr yank his tranny the morning the neighbors across the street stopped by to ask if he knew anyone looking for a house. Had I not been there, I would not have this garage, now 15 miles away, where I would know Daisy is safe from low life, dirtbag, dog fucking bastards.

My alarm was $140 off eBay. azdave helped me install it. GET AN ALARM ON YOUR DSM.

My insurance has a $1000 collision deductible, a $500 comprehensive deductible, and a $5000 rider for my fully built engine. GET COVERAGE FOR YOUR MODS.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, jsupetran, Dec-31-05 02:00 AM, #1
RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, cougar694u, Dec-31-05 05:06 AM, #2
RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, injendsm, Dec-31-05 05:39 AM, #3
      RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, BlackMagic, Dec-31-05 05:48 AM, #4
           RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, injendsm, Dec-31-05 06:33 AM, #5
                RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Dec-31-05 06:41 AM, #6
                     RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, dsmmyth, Dec-31-05 06:56 AM, #7
                     RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, burntheblobs, Dec-31-05 07:16 AM, #8
                     RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, ScreaminE, Dec-31-05 07:50 AM, #9
                          RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, Moderatorxcasbonx, Dec-31-05 08:34 AM, #10
                               RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, Diceman19, Dec-31-05 08:41 AM, #11
                     RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, eclpsmoneypit95, Dec-31-05 10:05 AM, #12
                          RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, DarkEclips96, Dec-31-05 10:20 AM, #13
                               RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, Diceman19, Dec-31-05 11:41 AM, #14
                                    RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, totaleklipse97, Dec-31-05 01:14 PM, #15
                                    RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, TeamDR1665, Jan-01-06 10:39 AM, #16
                                         RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, jsupetran, Jan-01-06 07:01 PM, #17
                                         RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, hazardeclipse, Jan-02-06 03:41 AM, #18
                                              RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, Blizare, Jan-02-06 06:44 AM, #19
                                                   RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, Dualgen2, Jan-02-06 11:20 AM, #20
                                    RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, Graph-X, Jan-02-06 12:28 PM, #21
                                    RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, TeamDR1665, Jan-02-06 06:54 PM, #22
                                    RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, ModeratorCorbin, Jan-04-06 02:43 AM, #24
                                         RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, Dualgen2, Jan-04-06 02:52 AM, #25
                                         RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, ModeratorCorbin, Jan-04-06 07:24 AM, #27
                                         RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, TeamDR1665, Jan-04-06 06:01 AM, #26
                                    RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, EclipseTical, Jan-03-06 07:28 AM, #23
                                         RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, saikou, Jan-04-06 01:55 PM, #28
                                              RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, saikou, Jan-04-06 05:44 PM, #29
                                    RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, silverarrow, Jan-05-06 04:47 AM, #30
RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy, RickyMeeses, Jan-07-06 02:48 AM, #31

jsupetranDec-31-05 02:00 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#289, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 0

Ouch that sucks. Don't forget to add a fuel pump on/off switch!

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cougar694uDec-31-05 05:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#292, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by jsupetran

That is a good one, I have that on my cougar even, my dad hooked one up on his stang as well.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

injendsmDec-31-05 05:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#293, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by jsupetran

indeed it does suck, sorry to hear it brian. that is a good idea tho, i think i will be doing that on my new car shortly.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

BlackMagicDec-31-05 05:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#294, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 3

god damn that shit pisses me off, you spend so much effort and money in a car and then some dickless bastard comes up and tries to take it all in a matter of minutes, what the hell is happening to our world??? If i ever caught someone messing with my car, i would shoot him in the leg, drag him inside, and cut off his balls with a rusty knife

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

injendsmDec-31-05 06:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#298, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by BlackMagic
god damn that shit pisses me off, you spend so much effort and money in a car and then some dickless bastard comes up and tries to take it all in a matter of minutes, what the hell is happening to our world??? If i ever caught someone messing with my car, i would shoot him in the leg, drag him inside, and cut off his balls with a rusty knife

lol, nice. our society has gone to shit because no one has respect for anyone or their property anymore. i blame the parents that let their kids do whatever the fuck they want and dont even try to discipline them.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-31-05 06:41 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#299, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 5

I prefer the Pitbull 3000 alarm that i bought.....yup that right i bought it at the local pound. Simple to arm, open door, insert unfed pitbull, close door. For added security or vengence have windows heavily tinted.

Sorry to hear it B. Good thing you got home late and you werent totally asleep.

Terry

dsmmythDec-31-05 06:56 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#301, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 6

Man, that sucks. I hope you get everything resituated.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

burntheblobsDec-31-05 07:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#303, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
I prefer the Pitbull 3000 alarm that i bought.....yup that right i bought it at the local pound. Simple to arm, open door, insert unfed pitbull, close door. For added security or vengence have windows heavily tinted. Sorry to hear it B. Good thing you got home late and you werent totally asleep. Terry

haha, i love it.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

ScreaminEDec-31-05 07:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#304, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 8

Somewhat ironic but I just got home from my girlfriend's apartment and when I was walking to my car I met this guy with a 95 tsi awd talon and we where talking and he goes to open his door and someone tried to rip the door handle out to steal his car. Where do these pieces of shit hide out anyways? I want to kill them all.

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-31-05 08:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#309, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 9

Thats fuckin jacked up man. That kia seems very suspicious though...who knows.

On another note, I was at a skatepark last night and some fucker stole my helmet. Now I know its not a car, but still thieves are thieves.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030

Diceman19Dec-31-05 08:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#311, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 10

driggs i got your solution....move out of AZ. i have never had anything stolen from me by someone in this state, ever.

eclpsmoneypit95Dec-31-05 10:05 AM
Member since Mar 09th 2005
371 posts,
#315, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 6
Dec-31-05 10:08 AM by eclpsmoneypit95

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
I prefer the Corgi 3000 alarm that i bought.....yup that right i bought it at the local pound. Simple to arm, open door, insert unfed corgi, close door. For added security or vengence have windows heavily tinted. Sorry to hear it B. Good thing you got home late and you werent totally asleep. Terry

We all know you dont have a pitbull, Terry...Do you? I dont remember seeing it. Your only real protection is the giant orange attack bee sitting next to your eclipse. The corgi's are just too soft and are vertically challenged.

Back on topic: Sorry to hear that driggs. Just last summer somebody broke into my neighbors truck and stole a bunch of stuff; It really hits close to home.

dave

That blue car got me boobies once

DarkEclips96Dec-31-05 10:20 AM
Member since May 23rd 2005
399 posts,
#316, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 12
Dec-31-05 10:21 AM by DarkEclips96

Dam that sucks bro, I hate these morons, just last night a street down a car was stolen. About a month ago there was a crack addict in my brothers eclipse stealing his change for drug money. What is this world coming to. I really need to invest in an alarm system and put a switch on my fuel pump.

2002 WRX
Eclipse RS-T..sold

Diceman19Dec-31-05 11:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#320, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 13

here is how you handle it, catch em in the act and shoot em. self defense.

totaleklipse97Dec-31-05 01:14 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#329, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 14

I keep a wonderful black baseball bat next to the door of my room which is less than 20 feet from my eclipse. If some night someone thinks it's a kind idea to take it for a spin (good luck getting it to stop tho) I would find it a might kind idea to bash his head into a bloody pulp with my trusty friend. By no means on earth am I joking at all. I am 100% ready to beat someone within an inch of their lives and saw off their hands with a dull saw for the sheer thought of stealing something from me or my family.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

TeamDR1665Jan-01-06 10:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#371, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 15

Didn't get a chance to do anything with the doors yesterday, but the local AudioExpress wanted $70/ea for power lock actuators and told me it would be more if I didn't let them install them for a dollar. I told the guy I would hit up eBay, because I don't want a $1 door fire anymore than I do a $1 dash fire.

$25 shipped from eBay. Both actuators, relays, wire, connectors, shipped. Hope to have it by midweek. Then the lock cylinders come out and a pair of shiny nickels are getting JB Welded into the handles in their places. Bitches.

I've still got to rewire the fuel pump, but in the mean time, I've got that access panel off the pump and I simply unplug the pump and snap the seat in place when I get somewhere. I just don't go anywhere since I can't lock the passenger side door at all.

All will be well in due time. If radio shack is open today, I'll be doing some wiring, methinks.

jsupetranJan-01-06 07:01 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#383, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by DR1665
Didn't get a chance to do anything with the doors yesterday, but the local AudioExpress wanted $70/ea for power lock actuators and told me it would be more if I didn't let them install them for a dollar. I told the guy I would hit up eBay, because I don't want a $1 door fire anymore than I do a $1 dash fire. $25 shipped from eBay. Both actuators, relays, wire, connectors, shipped. Hope to have it by midweek. Then the lock cylinders come out and a pair of shiny nickels are getting JB Welded into the handles in their places. Bitches. I've still got to rewire the fuel pump, but in the mean time, I've got that access panel off the pump and I simply unplug the pump and snap the seat in place when I get somewhere. I just don't go anywhere since I can't lock the passenger side door at all. All will be well in due time. If radio shack is open today, I'll be doing some wiring, methinks.

Hit me up if you need help on the rewire. I've done it to the eclipse.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

hazardeclipseJan-02-06 03:41 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#390, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by DR1665
Then the lock cylinders come out and a pair of shiny nickels are getting JB Welded into the handles in their places. Bitches.

LOL. That sucks though, driggs. i thought about getting an alarm, but i live in the exact middle of NOWHERE so i dont know...

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

BlizareJan-02-06 06:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#397, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 18

Poor Daisy

See, you should have had 500lbs of stereo equipment then you could have caught them in the act

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Dualgen2Jan-02-06 11:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#421, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 19

Sucks man. I got aftermarket insurance on the 2gnt after it got broken into when i went to NOPI 2002. They didn't steal anything though thank god.
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

Graph-XJan-02-06 12:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#423, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"

Originally posted by Diceman19

Actually they need to be in the house when you shoot 'em or it's manslaughter.

TeamDR1665Jan-02-06 06:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#442, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 21

Door lock on that side is disabled now. The cylinder is in place, but disconnected. You have to roll the windown down an inch or so to even unlock the door from inside, so I think that's a good thing. Even so, she sits in the garage until the locks come in this week.

I also ran my 4AWG line from the battery to under the back seat, so all I will need to do, when I can find a relay and switch, is terminate them and call it a day.

I wonder if they've come back by to see if the car's there, again, or if they will ever come back...?

ModeratorCorbinJan-04-06 02:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#499, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 22

I feel your pain. I've had my lock cylinders punched and all the goodies taken. You've inspired me to shave the locks. That should be a deterrent. Now what insurance do you have? I'd be interested in a company that would allow a rider for mods. I've been just banking on no one wanting to steal a 10 year old car. I guess that is not a safe bet.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Dualgen2Jan-04-06 02:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#500, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by Corbin
Now what insurance do you have? I'd be interested in a company that would allow a rider for mods. \

I have Geico. They covered afermarket insurance on the 2gnt. It was pretty cheap to.
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

ModeratorCorbinJan-04-06 07:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#508, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 25

Originally posted by Dualgen2
I have Geico. They covered afermarket insurance on the 2gnt. It was pretty cheap to. -Dave

I actually had Geico when my car got broken into. After paying for all of the aftermarket stuff stolen, they dropped me and blacklisted me. They are in the top 5 on my shit list. I might start shopping around again and see what I can find.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

TeamDR1665Jan-04-06 06:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#505, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 24

You've inspired me to shave the locks.

That's future tense. Guess asking if you've got a write-up is out of the question. Maybe we can work together on one. I should be doing it this week some time. You have to have handles for the doors at the track, so I think I will pull the handle and cut the clip down that holds the cylinder. Then I'll JB Weld a nickel or something in there and possibly fill the exterior hole with window weld.

Now what insurance do you have? I'd be interested in a company that would allow a rider for mods.

Right now, American Family. It's not so much for mods, as it is "stated value" coverage for my built engine. If you tell them the engine is worth $X and you want to be sure you get that back if the car is stolen, they might work with you.

I pay $100/month for full coverage ($500comp/$1000coll).

EclipseTicalJan-03-06 07:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#464, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 21

Glad they didnt do too much damage to Daisy. All thieves should die a thousand deaths.

this is why i own a glock , a desert eagle and a double pump mossberg.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

saikouJan-04-06 01:55 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#536, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 23
Jan-04-06 02:10 PM by saikou

How would you go about setting up a switch to turn on/off the fuel pump?

Splicing in a few wires up to the fuel pump and then onto a toggle switch?

saikouJan-04-06 05:44 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#542, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 28

Figured it out.

silverarrowJan-05-06 04:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
178 posts,
#553, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"

Originally posted by Diceman19

Yup.... Go get a remington 870 for 300 bucks, and next time you hear your alarm, come running out like a madman with the "street sweeper".

they won't come back.

that sucks driggs. living in fear for your property is a terrible thing. i feel for ya.

Proud owner of a '95. Johnny Tran says the '95 VTEC just kicked in, yo.

RICE: AEM Short Ram, CI 55mm Throttle Body, GS-T Muffler, Self-Made Ground Wire Kit, Caulk, Duct Tape,
and "Stage 1 Weight Reduction" aka screws and bolts always left over from working on car.

OldGuyJan-07-06 02:48 AM
Member since May 04th 2003
1077 posts,
#654, "RE: fuckers tried to snap Daisy"
In response to Reply # 0

Brian, Glad to hear that they didn't get Daisy! Good heads up on insurance for the mods! I hadn't thought of that! But I will be talking to my agent when I start adding to mine!! Hope all is well with you otherwise!

So now at 44 what the hell do I do?

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #288 Previous topic | Next topic