Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1971
View in linear mode

Subject: "does this piss anyone else off?" Previous topic | Next topic
Moderatorcs82685Jan-27-06 05:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1971, "does this piss anyone else off?"

Has this ever happened to you? When your coming up to a light at an intersection and there are two turning lanes and you go to the outside turning lane meanwhile the person next to you on the inside lane decides to take the turn directly into the outside lane so you either have to swerve onto the shoulder or hit the brakes so they don't sideswipe you. Anyways it seems like this happens to me more than I would like. It's as if people forget that there are other cars on the road and ignore the fact that their changing lanes without signaling/looking

Sorry for the long rant, but its annoying when someone not paying attention almost hits you when there's only about 3 cars on the road

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: does this piss anyone else off?, Blizare, Jan-27-06 06:00 PM, #1
RE: does this piss anyone else off?, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-27-06 09:03 PM, #2
      RE: does this piss anyone else off?, SonicYan, Jan-27-06 09:53 PM, #3
           RE: does this piss anyone else off?, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-27-06 10:02 PM, #4
           RE: does this piss anyone else off?, jsupetran, Jan-27-06 10:02 PM, #5
           RE: does this piss anyone else off?, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-27-06 10:11 PM, #6
                RE: does this piss anyone else off?, QC DSM ESiT, Jan-28-06 08:03 AM, #7

BlizareJan-27-06 06:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1972, "RE: does this piss anyone else off?"
In response to Reply # 0

I actually got hit once a while ago in a diff. car.

2 lanes. I'm in the left lane gonna turn at a light and the fucker in the right lane thought he could turn left also, without even looking beside him.

Smash.

What a choadbanger.

So yea, that pisses me off too

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95_ESi_PersonJan-27-06 09:03 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#1985, "RE: does this piss anyone else off?"
In response to Reply # 1

happens to me all of the time... damn old ladies and soccer-moms not paying attention to their surroundings or the lines on the road.

SonicYanJan-27-06 09:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#1989, "RE: does this piss anyone else off?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yup, I hate it when that happens too. Happens all the time. So far no accidents. I just anticipate whether to brake or just speed up.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

95_ESi_PersonJan-27-06 10:02 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#1990, "RE: does this piss anyone else off?"
In response to Reply # 3

I like to speed up enough so that they see me and it scares the crap out of them. That's when I know they are going to be alert enough.

jsupetranJan-27-06 10:02 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#1991, "RE: does this piss anyone else off?"
In response to Reply # 3

I did that one time driving with a bad infection and feeling really tires. I nearly swiped the car next to me while making the left turn. Needless to say, I had my friend drive the rest of the way.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

TeamJeff_99gsJan-27-06 10:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#1993, "RE: does this piss anyone else off?"
In response to Reply # 3

I was at a stop light last month that was at the end of an offramp of a highway exit. I was in the right lane behind an old woman in a new Porsche 911. The middle lane could turn either right, or go straight through the intersection to get back on the highway again. The left lane was left turn only.

So the light turned green and the woman in the Porsche just sits there. I wait a few seconds before I realize she is looking for traffic coming from the left before she drove. (It was a green light, there was no traffic.)

I decide to check my mirrors and get into the middle lane to swing around her. Just as I get into the lane and start turning right, a woman in a Lexus IS300 decides to make a right hand turn from the LEFT turn only lane, directly into my path. At the same time, asshole #1 in the Porsche finally makes the right turn and aimlessly drives directly into my lane.

I hit the brakes and must have missed the woman in the Lexus by literally a hair. I felt a bump and really thought she ran into me, but there is no damage.

The Lexus continued into the left lane in front of me after the turn, which ended up being right behind the Porsche. I got in the right lane and blew past both of them giving angry looks. Stupid old women.

QC DSM ESiTJan-28-06 08:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#2011, "RE: does this piss anyone else off?"
In response to Reply # 6

It seems like that situation always happens when I'm in the Talon. So it pisses me off more because the Talon is the car I actually care about. I will end up usually speeding up or slaming on the brakes. I'm still waiting for it to happen when I'm in my daily driver which is a 84 Saab 900 Turbo because I will most likely stay right beside them and wait for the collision so hopefully I can get some money from it. Either that or I will end up slamming on the brakes and then laying on the air horns I installed in there. I think they'll get the picture then.

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1971 Previous topic | Next topic