Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12675
View in linear mode

Subject: "GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Jul-22-06 09:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12675, "GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"

Vanessa and I just got back from seeing Muse, here in Phoenix. I'm not sure what songs have been released from their new album, Black Holes and Revelations, but if you are familiar with and liked stuff from their previous album, Absolution, including the songs "Stockholm Syndrome, Sing for Absolution, Hysteria" and "Butterflies and Hurricanes," you will not be disappointed if you check them out live. They were, without a doubt, phenominal.

Coming tour dates in the US:

July
24 - Fillmore Auditorium - Denver, CO
26 - State Theatre - Minneapolis, MN
27 - Arragon Ballroom - Chicago, IL
28 - State Theatre - Detroit, MI
30 - Docks Concerts Hall - Toronto, ON
31 - Jacques Cartier Quay - Montreal, QC

August
02 - Fleet Pavillion - Boston, MA
03 - Hammerstein Ballroom - NY, NY
04 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
06 - Tabernacle - Atlanta, GA

For a taste of their music, check out http://www.muse.mu/ or visit their MySpace page.

After they came through Phoenix last summer, the show was all the local radio stations could talk about for a month. Three guys - percussionist, bassist, and lead guitar/piano/accoustic guitar - put on an amazing show. This little guy on lead guitar can wail, let me tell you. This is the sort of thing Marty McFly was trying to pull off in Back to the Future - sliding across the stage on his knees, wailing on his axe over his head like a fucking ninja. Lighting and special effects were top shelf and I guarantee you, you will have a good time. Best concert I have been to in a long, long time.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT, turbo8u, Jul-22-06 10:27 PM, #1
RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT, kain_99gs, Jul-23-06 12:07 AM, #2
      RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT, ScreaminE, Jul-23-06 05:41 AM, #3
           RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT, dsmmyth, Jul-23-06 08:47 AM, #4
                RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT, BumpinTalon, Jul-23-06 12:41 PM, #5
                     RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT, Weezle745, Jul-23-06 03:15 PM, #6
                          RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT, TeamDR1665, Jul-23-06 06:03 PM, #7
                          RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT, wickedtalon, Jul-23-06 06:47 PM, #8
                          RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT, BumpinTalon, Jul-23-06 08:23 PM, #9
                               RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT, kain_99gs, Jul-24-06 12:13 AM, #10
                                    RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT, mike_d, Jul-24-06 03:12 PM, #11

turbo8uJul-22-06 10:27 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12676, "RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-22-06 10:28 PM by turbo8u

ooooh driggsy and vanessa sittin in a.....talon...

K I S S I N G

first comes loveeeee then comes the gt35r....then comes the.... more love! then comes the baby in the talons back seat! ya right!

lmao im faded dude all i remember reading was something something ninja

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kain_99gsJul-23-06 12:07 AM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#12679, "RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"
In response to Reply # 1

The baby would go retarded because of his exhaust.

ScreaminEJul-23-06 05:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#12682, "RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"
In response to Reply # 2

newborn

dsmmythJul-23-06 08:47 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#12686, "RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"
In response to Reply # 3

Muse is VERY good.

Here's the video that drew me in.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

BumpinTalonJul-23-06 12:41 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#12695, "RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"
In response to Reply # 4

I always hear crazy positive stuff about their concerts, but I always miss buying tickets haha .. I definitely like their music though, their new album from what I've heard is awesome.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Weezle745Jul-23-06 03:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#12701, "RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"
In response to Reply # 5

I havent heard any of their stuff yet, but aren't they supposed to be like a clone of Radiohead?

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

TeamDR1665Jul-23-06 06:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#12709, "RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Weezle745
I havent heard any of their stuff yet, but aren't they supposed to be like a clone of Radiohead?

They do sound a lot like Radiohead, but not as cutting-edge, let's-change-our-sound-entirely-on-every-album Radiohead.

Don't miss out on getting tickets to this show, fellas. It's amazing.

wickedtalonJul-23-06 06:47 PM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
#12716, "RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"
In response to Reply # 7
Jul-23-06 06:47 PM by wickedtalon

My concerts are booked up for now. Breaking Benjamin this friday, Hurt the following Fri, and DSM Shootout the next Fri!

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

BumpinTalonJul-23-06 08:23 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#12720, "RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Weezle745

Naw, I'd compare them to Coldplay, except they rock, and they aren't as pretentious as radiohead.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

kain_99gsJul-24-06 12:13 AM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#12724, "RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"
In response to Reply # 9

so uh. I was watching some videos on google. when i heard "New Born".

It bugged the hell out of me cause it was so familiar. Then I realized that oakie did a remix of it for the swordfish soundtrack. I am not a rock affecionado perse but they are awesome.

mike_dJul-24-06 03:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#12770, "RE: GO SEE MUSE IN CONCERT"
In response to Reply # 10

They remind me of Radiohead, which is really a bad thing.

95 Talon ESi-T

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12675 Previous topic | Next topic