Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8362
View in threaded mode

Subject: "eibach or h&r" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
MillertimeApr-05-02 05:19 AM
Member since Mar 14th 2002
44 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8362, "eibach or h&r"

I am about to get rid of my coil-overs and buy some springs. My question is whether I should get the h&r race sprigs or the eibach sportlines. Where is the best place to get these from too? Thanx!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
snowboarderApr-05-02 11:38 AM
Member since Dec 27th 2001
283 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8363, "RE: eibach or h&r"
In response to Reply # 0

get eibach's but you'll need aftermarket struts to go with them.... i have tokio blues with ebiachs and luv the ride with them nice and stiff no bounceing or rubbing with the 18's

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MillertimeApr-05-02 12:40 PM
44 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8364, "RE: eibach or h&r"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah I have tockico Illuminas

MillertimeApr-06-02 06:42 AM
44 posts,
#8365, "RE: eibach or h&r"
In response to Reply # 2

No one else has any input?

iamnotwhoiamApr-06-02 08:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#8366, "RE: eibach or h&r"
In response to Reply # 3

i say go with the H&R

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

stylindsmApr-06-02 09:08 AM
Member since Feb 27th 2002
48 posts,
#8367, "RE: eibach or h&r"
In response to Reply # 0

i'd personally go with eibachs, i just cant afford it right now

TeamXtremeRSApr-06-02 10:30 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#8368, "RE: eibach or h&r"
In response to Reply # 0

H&R I love the sport series. No complaints or any problems of any kind. I have heard more complaints with Eibach, which was my reasoning with going the H&R route. Many people love the Eibach's and have no problems, so it really is up to you.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

jerseystyle1Apr-06-02 05:13 PM
3135 posts,
#8369, "RE: eibach or h&r"
In response to Reply # 0

What's wrong with your coilovers? I have the skunk2's and love them. I say forget about springs and keep what you have!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

MillertimeApr-06-02 05:41 PM
44 posts,
#8370, "RE: eibach or h&r"
In response to Reply # 7

Ive got cheep coil-overs (Matrix)and they ride like shit, even with my new struts.

If I got the h&r's, should I get the sport or race? Whats the diff?

MillertimeApr-09-02 08:28 AM
44 posts,
#8371, "RE: eibach or h&r"
In response to Reply # 8

TeamXtremeRSApr-09-02 09:50 AM
6329 posts,
#8372, "RE: eibach or h&r"
In response to Reply # 8

>Ive got cheep coil-overs (Matrix)and they ride like shit,
>even with my new struts.
>
>If I got the h&r's, should I get the sport or race? Whats
>the diff?

H&R sports dropped me about 2" in front, and 1.7" in the rear. The race springs go a little lower, and are stiffer than the sports. Make a choice on how low you want to go, and how hard of a ride you want.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8362 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic